Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is suiciding power aggressive probing?

edited November 2014 in General
Like arsons and sabos.

Comments

• I would say yes because it puts you at a disadvantage like sabos. In fact it is worse than sabos in any round right now due to the bug.
  • Yes.

However this is exploiting a bug, therefore they should be killed.
  • Suiciding power has always been an act of war, unless a KD attacked another... powering his military and only has 1 power left... it is viewed in the same aspect of missles, except worse because there is no defense against it. If caught, offending KD is subject to x3 retals and if caught again... KT'd.
  • ive been hearing about this in the chat room.

whats the deal?
    you can go powerless - sabo your PP using 1 probe trick?
  • Yes.

However this is exploiting a bug, therefore they should be killed.
  • its been talked about before suicide probes is OP because of the bug minimal probes make you powerless.
  • It is, but Zeality is a bitch and he deserved it
  • It is, but Zeality is a bitch and he deserved it
    did I miss something?
  • If u send 10 probes u can kill like 25000 power. So any1 can be made powerless at anytime, by multi probe farms. So almost all Lumberjack KDs are now taking advantage of this and doing it on every attack. We have a whole thread dedicated to each person doing it, so that they can be KT'd for doing it and exploiting the bug. That includes the people making the hits, not just the farms being used to suicide them powerless.
  • So you saying KT a whole Alliance? I'm pretty sure they not going to just let you just kill off all the people who participated.
  • hey if bcart made it possible we should embrace it and take advantage of it

like that time bcart fucked up sending aid. If the game allows u to do it then do it until it gets fixed.

r/r isn't fixed either then do it until it gets fixed but take on the risks

• hey if bcart made it possible we should embrace it and take advantage of it

like that time bcart fucked up sending aid. If the game allows u to do it then do it until it gets fixed.

r/r isn't fixed either then do it until it gets fixed but take on the risks

All that ^^^^^
  • LJ tried on me and failed.. I had power still.
  • It's way op. Like probes are more powerful now then in previous rounds.

However, while it is usually frowned upon, we are kind of in uncharted waters here.
    Are you going to use this to get your kt powerless?

Yes.

Just like a sabo. So act of war, I think it should be. However, saying you will kt anyone who hits a powerless kd is a joke. Maybe that person had no idea there were probes suicided. Maybe it was a random multi doing it.

This brings us to really the heart of the issue.
    There is really no way to reliably tell who is doing it.
    It is going to happen.
    My advise - calculate safe d with you being powerless and without sheilds. It's really the only thing you can do.
  • It's way op. Like probes are more powerful now then in previous rounds.

However, while it is usually frowned upon, we are kind of in uncharted waters here.
    Are you going to use this to get your kt powerless?

Yes.

Just like a sabo. So act of war, I think it should be. However, saying you will kt anyone who hits a powerless kd is a joke. Maybe that person had no idea there were probes suicided. Maybe it was a random multi doing it.

This brings us to really the heart of the issue.
    There is really no way to reliably tell who is doing it.
    It is going to happen.
    My advise - calculate safe d with you being powerless and without sheilds. It's really the only thing you can do.
    Shields still count if made powerless for one tick.
  • military shields do not, pie. probe/missile do, however.
    waht
    i've been living a lieeeeeeeeee
  • why does everyone think it's a bug, maybe bcart actually did it on purpose?
    True story. Bcart is also behind all the multis.

waht
    i've been living a lieeeeeeeeee
    I have no words.
    bcart coding something on purpose?
  • To cry about this would be like crying your military disappeared in the mutant rd. .. have fun with it
    Miss Meadows, I hate to disagree with you (not just because you will multi my ass back to rnd 44 either) But, there has been many a time a SoS has been taken AFTER suiciding probes abd it shows Military Shields at 10%. Also the mechanics of the game pull from your power distribution at the beginning of the tick and as long as you had the power at that point your shields remain powered through the whole hour. If I am wrong, I will admit it... I just have not seen anything personally to contradict what I know.

(Please dont kill me 8-X )
    Miss Meadows, I hate to disagree with you (not just because you will multi my ass back to rnd 44 either) But, there has been many a time a SoS has been taken AFTER suiciding probes abd it shows Military Shields at 10%. Also the mechanics of the game pull from your power distribution at the beginning of the tick and as long as you had the power at that point your shields remain powered through the whole hour. If I am wrong, I will admit it... I just have not seen anything personally to contradict what I know.

Sorry Pie, either you're wrong, or I have succeeded on a lot of hits that I shouldn't have. There's been a few dozen times over the years where we've gotten a kd powerless and I hit right after, calcing for 0% shields and I don't remember a time where I failed.

it shows them at 10%, but they're not effective without power.

Sorry Pie, either you're wrong, or I have succeeded on a lot of hits that I shouldn't have. There's been a few dozen times over the years where we've gotten a kd powerless and I hit right after, calcing for 0% shields and I don't remember a time where I failed.
    You just gots lucky with your shitty calculator is all. Im right. You are wrong. Just admit it. Stop living a lie.
  • my ti-83 doesnt lie

it shows them at 10%, but they're not effective without power.
    YOU DONT KNOW!! GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE AND LIVE YOUR LIFE AWAY FROM MEH!! IM NEVER FUCKING WRONG!!!!
  • my ti-83 doesnt lie
    It knows you suck so it always calculates 10% overkill.
  • my ti-83 doesnt lie
    It knows you suck so it always calculates 10% overkill.
    lol, the good ole TI-83 newbie attack calculator