Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Define Farming...

edited November 2014 in General
I am just curious as what farming is and the definitions and parameters of what it encompasses. I suicide or disband because I wanna quit. I post it in the AFS and my sector mates all get a piece...usually just a hit because you want to keep the land in your sector or alliance and allow other sectormates who can hit to get some as well..this is all well and good. But when i get hit 3-4x by anyone in my sector it is considered farmin as it could well be a display of multi activity..Me being a farm and hit by the creator. 2x hits used to be borderline but not ktable. Just really bad form and stern talking to usually ends the incident.

Has this changed or is my general understanding of the current definition of farmin correct?

Comments

• "illicit profit"
  • The way I understand farming...

If you suicide/disband and in that time before its posted you tell a friend. If you post in the SFs/AFs/ or any other public area...

If there is a KD that someone repeatedly hits and the KD isnt active or participating. I would watch the KD waiting for a matching IPvSK2. Log in times. etc etc.

Now a days it takes less to KT someone for "farming".
  • If you are rnk 1-20... you cant take more than 1, without retribution. If you take hits 1 & 2 and are ranked 10 or better... chances are you will be KT (rank is based on land) 20-50 2 hits are ok... again as long as its not 1 & 2. 50-999 just dont take 1 & 2.

Now these are guidelines and not hard fast rules. The reason the ranks come in to play is the ability to defend the land gain. If you are rank 75 at 750 land, hits x4 for 150 land... chances are you will lose that land as you most likely cant defend it. If you are rank 5 at 2500 land and hit x4 for 250 land (raising rank to 1-3) most likely you can defend the land as you barrly sent offense out and therefore gained an unfair advantage.

If a non-sector/alliance/ friend suicides on you out of rage and you have a SoM to prove it... hit x4 1, 2, 3, & 4. But you better have proof or you will die.

Again... general guidelines here.
  • Basically the question is how u found vs when u found out.

If u tell your sector 2hours b4 u suicide. It is farming. Bcuz they had prior knowlegde.

If u post in universal chat after u suicide and your sector finds out from that and hits it isnt farming bcuz there is no prior knowledge.

However you cannot prove the fact you were just lucky and didnt know b4hand. So. Bcuz we cannot differentiate between the two examples above. Rather than just trust they r not lying. Rule of thumb is. It is all farming.

This is y ppl say only hit once. And u r okay.
    Bcuz even if u really are innocent. No way to prove it and the evidence is against you and you will b considered guilty.

Obviously there r other factors u can take into consideration. But this is the base case.
  • New probe option scramble sector news. Then only your sector mates can rat you out if someone thinks about...*shank shank shank* 3 to the liver. Rule is strongest alliance makes the rules fury. If the AL of top alliance gets a message that a sector mates disbanding soon and quad taps him his sector and alliance mates will compliment his gains.
  • If you control two kingdoms, suicide 1 and farm it with 2nd kingdom, = Farming/Multi

All this hitting right after one suicides is bullshit imo. Farming should only go hand in hand with multiing
  • If you control two kingdoms, suicide 1 and farm it with 2nd kingdom, = Farming/Multi

All this hitting right after one suicides is bullshit imo. Farming should only go hand in hand with multiing
    So I own 2 KD's. I farm 1 with the other, but my IPs don't match. I even wait 10 minutes before suiciding and farming. Does that mean I'm not farming, since no one knows better?

• November 3, 16:46:15 Our brave kingdom C (1:4) attacked Impiessible (1:10) and conquered 246 planets.
    November 3, 16:47:50 Our kingdom C (1:4) bravely defended against Amalaria (1:7) and lost 151 planets.
    November 3, 16:47:55 Our kingdom C (1:4) bravely defended against Amalaria (1:7) and lost 129 planets.
    November 3, 16:47:57 Our kingdom C (1:4) bravely defended against Amalaria (1:7) and lost 111 planets.

Like this would be farming
  • Suiciders, I look at it earlier. Is it not, eat all you can buffet?

Check the IP if there are interactions. Friend land feeding or stuff like that. There is no standard rule how to deal with it. Seems present everywhere, so it needs to be dealt with a standard deal, because discussing one case at a time is waste of time. They are all the same. Juju last game....etc. I need suggestions from other alliances how to deal with it - regardless who is doing what.

However, I made suggestions on how we definite it, and such. I will wait for replies from other alliances if we can standardize each response, or we create independent alliance policies.

https://www.starkingdoms.com/community/discussion/3605/anti-turtle#Item_50

I dont claim to know anything, I am willing to bridge that gap between past and present SK, and hopefully - if there is a future.