Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Day Yesterday

edited February 2012 in General
Kid walked into my office asking to be searched (another student was accusing him he stole his phone). Must of forgot what he had in his pants. Made for one hell of a long day.

Loaded handgun confiscated from Cheyenne High School student
By Gregan Wingert (contact)

Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 | 5:06 p.m.

Clark County School District Police investigating a stolen property case today found a student in possession of a loaded handgun on the Cheyenne High School campus.

The boy in question has not been taken into custody. Instead, his case has been forwarded to the district attorney’s office for final disposition, said Lt. Ken Young, of the Clark County School District Police.

Clark County School District has a zero-tolerance policy toward weapons on school property, with expulsion the norm, Young said, but he said he did not know whether the student had been expelled. A spokesman with the district's communications office referred questions about the case to Young.

Comments

• The important part is that he didn't have the cell phone!

Idiot taking a gun on campus.
  • And people scoff at the idea of american schools having metal detectors. Derrrrrrrr
  • Who brings a gun to school...

Black people.
  • Kid walked into my office asking to be searched (another student was accusing him he stole his phone). Must of forgot what he had in his pants. Made for one hell of a long day.

Loaded handgun confiscated from Cheyenne High School student
    By Gregan Wingert (contact)

Thursday, Feb. 2, 2012 | 5:06 p.m.

Clark County School District Police investigating a stolen property case today found a student in possession of a loaded handgun on the Cheyenne High School campus.

The boy in question has not been taken into custody. Instead, his case has been forwarded to the district attorney’s office for final disposition, said Lt. Ken Young, of the Clark County School District Police.

Clark County School District has a zero-tolerance policy toward weapons on school property, with expulsion the norm, Young said, but he said he did not know whether the student had been expelled. A spokesman with the district's communications office referred questions about the case to Young.

Shoot the fu*ker

Black people.
    Yeah, like any school shooting that's happened in the last 20 years has been by black people.

Oh wai-

Black people.
    Yeah, like any school shooting that's happened in the last 20 years has been by black people.

Oh wai-
    It just doesnt make it into the news cause no one cares when black people die.

• I'm going to go ahead and say this since I worked in social work in the past. Screamin, even though you didn't say the kids name you probably violated numerous privacy and confidential regulations, whether by law or your employment by posting this.
  • ^The saving grace is that SK is a small community :-p

Black people.

Oh wai-
    It just doesnt make it into the news cause no one cares when black people die.

Sadly this is somewhat true. That being said, the massacres haven't been caused by them.
  • edited February 2012
    That is just crazy Screamin. One hell of a way to start a new job. That kids so lucky it ended like this and not getting popped. That guys got some mental issues. I'd listen to Mal if you aren't sure as he does know law. Better to error on the side of caution.
  • Most of the shootings at my school were drive-by's around the block.

Some little girl got killed in crossfire on her swing set, my sophomore year.

Iowa has ghettos!?!

Worst we had in school was a couple stabbings iirc.
  • And people scoff at the idea of american schools having metal detectors. Derrrrrrrr
    I hate this idea. Parents just need to start parenting. Just because a few kids do something stupid doesn't mean everyone should be punished. I feel the same way about that ridiculous shoe inspection at airports. One guy shows up with a bomb in his shoe, now we all have to submit to shoe inspections? Retarded. What happens if we have more underwear bombers, are we all going to have to submit to underwear inspections?
    I hate this idea. Parents just need to start parenting. Just because a few kids do something stupid doesn't mean everyone should be punished. I feel the same way about that ridiculous shoe inspection at airports. One guy shows up with a bomb in his shoe, now we all have to submit to shoe inspections? Retarded. What happens if we have more underwear bombers, are we all going to have to submit to underwear inspections?
    Nah cant push it all on the parents, some parents arent gonna do shit for their kids whilst others are like their kids.
  • Probably not illegal per se. But there's confidentiality between workers and clients that may be protected by law and regs in regards to children clients. There's nothing wrong with reporting something like a news story but when you have that relationship then you may have some problems. Most likely it's fine by law and regs but your work would probably see it as a confidentiality breach.
  • edited February 2012
    Probably not illegal per se. But there's confidentiality between workers and clients that may be protected by law and regs in regards to children clients. There's nothing wrong with reporting something like a news story but when you have that relationship then you may have some problems. Most likely it's fine by law and regs but your work would probably see it as a confidentiality breach.
    I do agree here, the fact he is disclosing his participation in a highly confidential event.
    Though I don't know Screamin for real, therefore his anonymity is still protected behind the facade that is his PF username.
  • The aspects of confidentiality has been lost as soon as it was posted in the news. The op did nothing, but announce the news.
    Other than that, since he didnt realize he had the gun he probably carried it regularly.
  • The aspects of confidentiality has been lost as soon as it was posted in the news. The op did nothing, but announce the news.
    Other than that, since he didnt realize he had the gun he probably carried it regularly.

Wait how you got 0 posts lol