Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Multi?

edited October 2014 in Game Talk
I don't get it. Why bother? This game is so damn dead that's it's totally pointless to multi and kill people.

I really wish the best for whoever is doing it because their life must be very sad right now. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it.

Comments

• Hey man, you get away from my free therapy session.
  • Why PM? Can't we just call them losers here?

I mean we are all some sort for loser for even playing this ancient decayed game but to have to cheat at it, that puts you quite a bit under the loser category.
  • I don't get it. Why bother? This game is so damn dead that's it's totally pointless to multi and kill people.

I really wish the best for whoever is doing it because their life must be very sad right now. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it.
    Oh hey there, long time no see <3
  • I won't who did this MULTIS
    It's always confusing
  • multis probably happen since round 01...

thing is, with playerbase dwindling, they get more visibility...

so, an issue not properly addressed throughout 10+ years?
  • multis probably happen since round 01...

thing is, with playerbase dwindling, they get more visibility...

so, an issue not properly addressed throughout 10+ years?

• edited October 2014
    Having to cheat at a game where the best player is comparable to the smartest kid in special ed class is downright ridiculous. People need to let grudges from previous rounds go and play the one you are in. Many times my enemy from a round past because my greatest ally. (Ex: Cobras, Ty, Lynog etc..) and of course allies become enemies. UAs and personal naps are semi-retarded as well. Not hitting friends is ok... unless that friend s a KT or a cheater, then fuck his ass up if you can. Bullshit.
  • I am not behind these Multis. I said I found it interesting only because I'm not being targetted. Which only means I'm not popular enough to be targetted.
  • Viva said he was cumming for me... now I understand it was in his pants.
  • I won't who did this MULTIS
    It's always confusing
  • Fenris has always killed multi man, in the past. 10 years and Multi man still alive:)
    That's a record.

• Fenris has always killed multi man, in the past. 10 years and Multi man still alive:)
    That's a record.

In this day and age, is it proper to call him "Multiman"? Shouldn't it be "Multiperson"?

• the best player is comparable to the smartest kid in special ed class
    You rang?
  • Fuck politically correct when dealing with ashole fucktards.
  • more like the Multiverse
  • Better question to ask is, why are you guys so inept at dealing with this problem? This is what, the 50th time we've been at this?

Literally every kingdom has to commit their WLs to the multis, NAPs are up so go open, who gives a shit. Then every one can calm the fuck down, take a 24hour period to reset and make sure nobody gets caught with their pants down. Drop naps, carry on.

But instead you guys are all going to act like you've never seen a multi before and just rage. Cool.
  • well unless you are fenris...where you don't have anyone to accept naps....
    Better question to ask is, why are you guys so inept at dealing with this problem? This is what, the 50th time we've been at this?

Literally every kingdom has to commit their WLs to the multis, NAPs are up so go open, who gives a shit. Then every one can calm the fuck down, take a 24hour period to reset and make sure nobody gets caught with their pants down. Drop naps, carry on.

But instead you guys are all going to act like you've never seen a multi before and just rage. Cool.
  • Why? Because some people unfortunatly have nothing better to do in life.

What the multi owner doesn't realise is that they are doing the victim(s) a favour by allowing them to get back to real life before the new round starts. Does anyone actually care about being killed anymore?
  • RO does rocha.....

AND YOU DO
    This is why you don't let newbies AL ;)
    Kill! No Naps, just kill.
  • Thanks Forlorn:)
    You know who you are; you are the multis, the bot users, the bug exploiters, the scanners, and many others.

First of all, what I can't understand for the life of me, is why you do it. Do you like the false sense of unearned power? Are you just that lazy? How much fun can it possibly be?!

This is an obviously bias perspective from a non-cheater, but I just don't see what the attraction is. It doesn't matter if you're #1 in the universe if you used a click bug to get there. It doesn't matter if you have the largest grab in the universe if you used a scanner to get it. When you cheat everything you do is worthless. I've heard people say, "Well I'm not hurting anyone." Oh really? What about all of those people whom you've robbed or hit that would you would have never been able to touch legitly. Did you consider that those are real people too? Or perhaps you enjoy the anonymity of the internet and think you can do whatever you want. Well guess what, you can. But that doesn't mean you should.

Most likely the number one reason that people cheat: too lazy. They don't want to put in the time required to build a successful kingdom. And believe me, all the writers here can testify to just how much time that is. But I wonder how much time I would need to dedicate to SK in order make a top-10 kingdom in a cheater-free universe. In an ideal game, I'll bet I could half my time spent online and achieve the same ranking as I could otherwise. So while using a scanner may save you hours every day, it costs the rest of us time, our time. Our valuable time. Our time is just as important as yours, so keep that in mind.

Starkingdoms is not a cheater-friendly game. If you want to cheat, then go pop in Contra and blast away, I'll even give you the code in case you've been living in a hole since 1980. Don't play a tick-based game that people dedicate so much time into playing! For everything a cheater gains, everyone else loses. Lets say CheatALot is a big time cheater. On a hypothetical day, CheatALot logs in, does a quick scan of galaxies 8-14, landgrabs someone that just sent out troops, then robs 8 others. He then goes to his military screen where he abuses the click bug to get an insane number of soldiers. Using the money from his scanner-enhanced robbing, he produces all tanks. Next he builds on his land, goes into his Alliance Forums to brag about his hit, then lastly checks the scores to make sure he's still beating IPlayLegit by at least 3 million. While this is an exaggerated circumstance, it's sadly not far from the truth. In his 45 minutes online CheatALot hurt 9 other kingdoms in some way... 9 innocent kingdoms that might not have been hurt otherwise. These are 9 kingdoms that are going to have to dedicate extra time to rebuilding their kingdoms after CheatALot's rampage. Anyone who's ever logged in and sees "New News" knows how disheartening it can be. This is the same for any player that pours their energy into a kingdom. Not to meantion that every legit player competing against CheatALot must spend at least 2 hours of time to achieve the same result in terms of land and money. Yet, even then keeping up is futile due to bug abuse, bot use, or anything else that gives an insurmountable advantage. In summary, CheatALot saved himself an hour and 15 mins, but he cost everyone else at least 24 hours of their time, a full day! How can you sleep at night knowing how much of other people' time you are wasting?

And if you actually make it through the game alive, you would finish ahead of people like me, people that invest 6 hours a day into building their kingdom only to finish 14th behind a list of cheaters who likely spent half the time playing. How can you sleep knowing this? Knowing that you are a fake! In an ideal game of skill, dedication and strategy would be rewarded and not punished as it so often is in SK today.

Think about what kind of impact your cheating makes next time you have the desire to do so. It may seem small, but the waves of effect will be felt everywhere.
  • This reminds me of a speech I once heard by one of the legends of SK, Eau2Lord. I hope it's not presumptuous of me to post this.

"YOU DRIVE ME NUT.
    DO YOU REALISE IF YOU NOT HIT YOU WILL BE EATEN WITH OR WITHOUT THIS FREAKIN ALLIANCE?

WHAT A HELL ARE YOU? PARAPLEGIC TURRTLES?
    I DO NOT GIVE A **** AS I LIVED MY LIFE IN THIS FREAKIN GAME YEARS AGO.
    BUT YOU WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

IF BIGGIES WITH A LOT OF LUK CAN INSURE THEIRS OWN SURVIVAL ALL THOSE UNDER 3 MIL ARE DEAD MEAT BEFORE END OF ROUND.
    I DO NOT FACKIN CARE AS I HAVE A PATHETIC KD. BUT AT LEAST DIE WITH A BLAST YOU PUNCHIN SMALL LAZY KIDS.

IN 3 DAYS WE CAN ERASE THAT EASY ALLIANCE. IS EVEN MORE WH*RISH THAN MOST OF PEOPLE HERE.

NOW MOVE YOUR ASSES AND I WANNA SEE SOME SMALL ACTION!
    YOU FREAKIN IDIOTS. MOVE!?
  • ODB... that is so Eau. :) very good one.
  • Holy Wall of Text Miss Lady Ashnod!

But I understand and agree.
  • what a post Lady Ashnod!

Respect!

are you AL of fenris this round? I just got back to play with two of my mates as well, if you need help, we'll be here. Even war :)
  • I am not behind these Multis. I said I found it interesting only because I'm not being targetted. Which only means I'm not popular enough to be targetted.
    who the fuck is this guy