Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To all the Newbies

edited October 2014 in General
I was wondering if you post here. I actually would like to get you all together and perhaps help you with the game. I think many of you may have been screwed this round for any number of reasons such as being accused of being a mulit, not knowing anything about this game and having no one take time to show you the ropes, being destroyed because you have no idea how to make a kingdom and killed because of it or quit from frustration/

I think maybe it would be helpful for you to be able to post questions and get answers, hopefully be encouraged to learn about the game some and not be so lost. Hell I know i was lost for multiple rounds back when i played for the first time.

If enough newbies are out there some one may even try to get you all in an alliance devoted to new players and helping you become good or at least acclimated to this game so you wont be so discouraged as to never play again.

I look forward to hearing from you all and good gaming.

Comments

• This guy is the worst player I've ever met. Do not seek his help.
  • Ok Lotus...of course you would say that instead of adding anything worthwhile to the discussion or trying to help any new people out. I have zero respect for you and anything you say means nothing to me..its odd that im the worst player ever yet i was alive long after you died...and btw yes you had a decent kd but you were not an asset to the alliance or anyone around you so I wouldnt count that as being great..
  • you had a decent kd
    Thank You!
  • at least he tryin to help. respect.
  • What is the best strategy to get #1 KD
  • Raeker Honestly I dont believe there is a best strategy for being number one. There is so many factors that have an affect on your placing any kind of rank. You can have a fantastic Kd and get killed because of your alliance, not being in a particular clique and any of numerous reasons. Many Kds are made to differing playstyles as well. So I just think make your kds how you like and that best suits your time and ability to play, have a lil fun.
  • or wait til youre the last player playing. 0.0
  • edited October 2014
    So I just think make your kds how you like and that best suits your time and ability to play, have a lil fun.
    So if I make my KD wiht 100% TC's I'll finish rank 1?

That's some great advice for new people.
  • yo bcart can you reset the game for me, round's ended and i want to start my exploring over
  • Yo bcart, you should NOT dramatically enhance Mystical Lands next round to NOT make things interesting. Yours truely
  • Yo bcart, you should NOT dramatically enhance Mystical Lands next round to NOT make things interesting. Yours truely
    Plz no, attacking every 6 hours for 1 month was grueling.
  • @sped..you are being oversimplistic on purpose...raeker knows the generalities of the game and isnt a total newbie who has no clue as to the general construction of a kingdom. If he had a more specific question about building, it would have been a total different asnwer.
  • edited October 2014
    My advice:

Make friends. Idc what kind of fantastic build you have, without friends you will get beaten down. Make friends with top kds... send them a hi message and ask for advice. Most of the better people appreciate being noticed and will help... they may also offer some protection and let their friends/alliance/sector know that you are off limits.
  • My advice:

Make friends. Idc what kind of fantastic build you have, without friends you will get beaten down. Make friends with top kds... send them a hi message and ask for advice. Most of the better people appreciate being noticed and will help... they may also offer some protection and let their friends/alliance/sector know that you are off limits.
    This is great advice.
  • My advice:

This is great advice.
    Yeah they tell everyone you're off limits so they can let you grow and farm them later on...
  • here is Vindicators Newbie Guide for as old as I can remember.
    Can anyone have suggestions or tweak it? Add to it?

What to do during the first week

The first weeks of the game are the most important ones for many Star Kingdoms players, since they decide how easy it will be for you later on.
    Some different common starting strategies are described below.

If you are twice as strong as most other kingdoms after a week, you’ll probably keep some of that advantage throughout most of the game, and if you almost get killed in the beginning, you’ll have almost no chance at all to end up in the top 100. Therefore, the first week is probably the most important one.
    At the beginning, there are usually two different strategies which you can pick, which both work fine if you use them in the right way:

Ordinary strategy (recommended):
    • Build about 95-100 star mines (for income)
    • Build 15-20 probe factories (so that you will have a base amount of probes to get inactive’s stats with during the first days).
    With this strategy, you will be able to get a good military force in newbie mode, but you won’t have many probes early on.
  • politics and who you know or dont know is naturally part of the game just like any other that involves groups and players.
  • Forgot about that guide. Nice find
  • My advice:

Get that nose nice and brown and don't forget to cradle the balls and swallow the gravy just like Pie.
  • edited October 2014
    Stfu just once. And go back to Darius, it works better for you.

If your ass was out in G2 or G3 without an Alliance and without strong sector mates, you woulsnt make past week 2.. guaranteed. This isnt a game to be tried alone and the faster the new players make friends like *ahem* FLAMES and Gogeta the faster they become better. Fuck off imbecile.
  • haha are you suggesting that i made friends fast :D I got popular mutant round :D
  • cookies does help:)

• FLAMES made it for me the round that he was some disease. 1:1!
  • I have friends?!?!

:-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
  • Most of them think you are Illy. :p
  • Most of them think you are Illy. :p
    haha I did, I was in shock he made a good kd this round
  • First sign that something is different.
  • Who was Orange?
  • Actually I said TheNobody made friends fast.
  • My advice:

Make friends.
    lets go a step further: make friends with fauss
    then join his alliance FAUSSNFRIENDS!