Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Definition of a Teacher!

edited October 2014 in General
I teach middle school math and I found this article and it is awesome! What do you think?

http://strategicanalytix.com/definition-of-a-teacher.html

Comments

• edited October 2014
    oh, you do..was teacher's day an international thing? we had this here yesterday...

congratulations to you...i say this assuming you do a fair job :P
  • Do you have to teach common core or are you not American?
  • Thanks Unreliable!

monsta-we teach to common core, although we have our own assessment now.
  • Common core can lick my asshole.

That is all.
  • Actually, the article is bang on. Teachers are very valuable, can't say that I would be here if I did not have strong teachers. My grandfather was a Math teacher, and most of Math and Science teacher were second parents to me.

I spent most times at school, thank you very much...(my mom drives me nuts). Primary school, and high school mostly, teachers encourage you a lot to learn more, strive more, and learn to make decisions.

My son and I discuss the properties of Uranium at dinner table or aerodynamics while watching Geese migration. Not many parents have my luxury.

While parents are children's first teacher (think Marie Curie to her daughter Irene), most parents recently just rely mostly to the school system. Thus, the school teachers take most of the role, nurturing young minds.

I was volunteering at my kids school for field trip and I witness first hand how many children rely on their teacher for emotional support.

I ask my Physics teacher in high school why she did not pursue to become a rocket scientist. She smiled " you need teachers to teach children, so they become rocket scientist someday".
    A noble profession.
  • Thanks, Ashnod! I have passed on your wonderful comments to the author!;-)
  • Please do Veii. Just edit the part where my Mom drives me nutz. lol
  • im in the fenris forums, anything you need me to report to?
  • did you see fenris website? some oldie but goodie. Fenris 13th anniversary.
    october 27. we need a birthday party for Fenris