Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You know me :)

2»

Comments

• i think that facebook was more temporary than the app purchasing idea, that was an issue. the other issue is that the idea failed, so he kind of just gave up.
  • Nah get stuffed
    Won't work

We play sk because its sooo shit
    You are shit... shitty multi, shitty kd builder, shitty at politics, shitty at war, shitty at trolling. .. your sn all around piss poor excuse of a shit person...
  • edited July 2014
    Hi all. Used to play this a lot (I go way back 2002) then recently last year went and played GO for a while. I love SK and it's many clones. It's not the most exciting game at 1st glance but the social side of it, the wars, drama, politics and tears make it a game I want to keep coming back too.

Problem is it's dieing and I know many failed attempts have been made to bring it back to it's glory days but they weren't good enough.

What I'm thinking is building another clone. I know beanland done it and it died out like the rest. So why would my try be different?

I want you guys to help. Ideas on what to improve. What should it be called? If you know asp.net and c# you can help build it. It will be hosted on git if the demand is there.

I want to make it in to an android app to help boost players.
    And update the crappy design to a modern responsive theme.
    Also was thinking of using html canvas to change the sector screen to actual planets(kds) rotating a star slowly (maybe phase two lol)
    Other ideas were removing sector state and allow kd to set it's own state
    New research like research level 2 tanks
    New planet types
    New buildings
    New probe attacks
    Integrate the attack cal to SOM and on the attack screen
    Include a newbie Simulator with the ability to save your starting strategy for next round privately or publicly for others
    Better protection from gang banging
    Maybe add 2 bots for every 1 person to boost numbers - these will build randomly from a few templates and will attack people who appear in SN. They won't suicide unless it's been two or randomly generated days without a land grab, see they get desperate too...

Community driven you want it, we build it. :)

What does everyone think? Or am I crazy?

Already started by the way. Have user sign up and login done and halfway through KD set up. 1st planet type is Nuclear...

@Imperial_Empire

Here's some actual advice. If you want an SK "clone" your best bet is to not build one. Build a game that uses the same concept (community driven kingdom building), but leave this community far behind.

Make sure you make the mobile app top notch. As it is the biggest piece of the puzzle as to why clones always fail. No one wants to log into a website exclusively.

If you want some help coding or brainstorming send me a PM here for my Hangouts/Skype/Github/etc
  • God yes this community is toxic at this point let it die
  • I say its a good idea but make a mobile app, hard to get a stronge player base otherwise. The app can still still correlate to the browser version kind of like linked in.
  • Sci has good advice.