Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World Cup Sweepstakes

edited June 2014 in General
Normally we'd pick one country who'd actually win, but I found that picking 2 teams that will meet in the finals more interesting. So, who do you think will meet at the finals? I put my money on Brazil vs Germany

GROUP A
Brazil
Croatia
Mexico
Cameroon

GROUP B
Spain
Netherlands
Chile
Australia

GROUP C
Colombia
Greece
Côte d'Ivoire
Japan

GROUP D
Uruguay
Costa Rica
England
Italy

GROUP E
Switzerland
Ecuador
France
Honduras

GROUP F
Argentina
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Iran
Nigeria

GROUP G
Germany
Portugal
Ghana
USA

GROUP H
Belgium
Algeria
Russia
Korea Republic

Comments

• Brazil and Spain!
  • ARGENTINA AND GERMANY
  • i really dont want brazil to win for many reasons
  • I think they have a realistic chance this time around home turf and all
  • one of the brazillian players might be assassinated throughout the event, though...too many world cup haters here
  • U in brazil right now?
  • edited June 2014
    we could do a betting poll...who do we think will end in the 4 first positions...

1-Argentina
    2-Brazil
    3-Spain
    4-Germany

(realized previous set was logically impossible)
  • i'm brazillian...
  • there is a movement here called #naovaitercopa, (means #therewillbenoworldcup)
  • why would they do that?
  • because
    of the outrageous sum of money spent with its preparation while
    ignoring population' lack of health and safety services...

el fenomino, for example, said in response to above complaints, and i
    quote(translating) "we cant have a world cup with hospitals"

but tbh, this country doesnt really grow extremists like a few
    do...(murder was just exageration for impact)
  • there is a ted talk about hacktivism during world cup...cant watch on my phone though...
  • because
    of the outrageous sum of money spent with its preparation while
    ignoring population' lack of health and safety services...

el fenomino, for example, said in response to above complaints, and i
    quote(translating) "we cant have a world cup with hospitals"
    He has a good point :D
  • Brazil vs Germany and Argentina vs Spain for semi finals.

Brazil vs Argentina for finals.

Brazil to win World Cup.
  • Spain vs Italy
  • Australia vs USA
    Aussies by 8 B-)
  • Brazil VS Argentina final! :P
  • edited June 2014
    lol...old news, but still hilarious (not the death part)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/bruno-fernandes-de-souza-brazil-1445863

"Goalkeeper Bruno Fernandes de Souza – who has been tipped to play in the next World Cup – is accused of murdering model Eliza Samudio to avoid paying for a love child.

De Souza, who denied fathering Eliza’s four-month-old son, abducted her with a gang including his wife Dayane, police will tell the trial, which starts today.

They claim he watched as a hitman committed “barbaric tortures” on Eliza, 25, playing music to drown her screams before strangling her with a tie in front of her son.

The player is said to have helped chop up the body before feeding it to his rottweilers.

The baby was later found abandoned in a slum."
  • edited June 2014
    a dire situation
  • edited July 2014
    Netherlands vs Germany
    Just because I'd think that would be lolful.
  • Orange everywhere!
  • third world problems...

"Uruguay's World Cup preparation disturbed as ANTS invade their Brazilian base"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/uruguays-world-cup-preparation-disturbed-3690308
  • Watched my first soccer game in a couple years today, Uruguay vs Costa Rica.

TIL:
    -Soccer players are indeed babies, it's actually a part of the game to see who can be the biggest pussy and get away with it
    -They really like to wear tight uniforms. Saw more man-nipples today than I do at most beaches.
    -The guy who scored for Uruguay can kick really hard. Goalie knew where he was putting it but still couldn't block it quick enough.

• -Soccer players are indeed babies, it's actually a part of the game to see who can be the biggest pussy and get away with it
    this:

(dur.40s)

• Watched my first soccer game in a couple years today, Uruguay vs Costa Rica.

TIL:
    -Soccer players are indeed babies, it's actually a part of the game to see who can be the biggest pussy and get away with it

That x10000
  • edited June 2014
    I believe that we will win!

Edit: Damn it, Altidore don't get hurt. :(
  • WHEW! Had a flashback to where our only offense was in corner kicks to Brian McBride. I'll take it!
  • FUCK YOU ALL AMERICA
  • i know we're all excited about the US, but seriously, germany...a fucking hat trick and a shut out...got dayum