Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deadline Central '14

edited March 2014 in General
Mostly for Murphy and Cory.

@Hemsky to the Pens?!?

Also how smart is Yzerman by bringing in Callahan... St Louis has a shelf life, maybe it works, but I think Tampa won this trade.

LOL@Vancouver, I dont care what any one says. They fucked themselves hard, decent prospect in return but from their own mistake. This makes me think when they deal Kesler, they will shaft themselves... Time will tell.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Hemsky for a 3rd and 5th... That fucking hurts. Enjoy him, Ottawa. Not surprised that's what we got but fuck, he is worth more than that to us right now than 2 picks down the road.
  • Come on wings. Edler. Her him now.

Big plays today. Why do the pens want Marcel hoc though?!
  • Get him now, not her him now.

Also, Marty st louis is a giant pussy whiner in my book. Bolts did themselves a serious service in that fleecing.
  • even if the Bolts don't plan on keeping Callahan. They are pretty winning. Free up cap room and are pretty much guaranteed 2 first round pics.
  • Mostly for Murphy and Cory.

@Hemsky to the Pens?!?

Also how smart is Yzerman by bringing in Callahan... St Louis has a shelf life, maybe it works, but I think Tampa won this trade.

LOL@Vancouver, I dont care what any one says. They fucked themselves hard, decent prospect in return but from their own mistake. This makes me think when they deal Kesler, they will shaft themselves... Time will tell.
    Ever since Torts came, he is shafting the vets hard, and in return pissing off the players, pretty much Vancouver is gunna have to go into rebuild stage now and I dunno if we should keep Torterella for that or not :\
  • @Crash remains optimistic, he even thinks this was a win for Vancouver.... I think he's nuts though. The media parade over Lu was manageable, the situation you are in now is not. Definite step backwards, considering the risk.
  • even if the Bolts don't plan on keeping Callahan. They are pretty winning. Free up cap room and are pretty much guaranteed 2 first round pics.
    Yeah I think the picks made th e trade an easy win. Thinking about Stammer and Cally playing together is good times... I'm not a rangers fan but watching them in the playoffs, man was Calahan dominant.
  • edited March 2014
    @Crash remains optimistic, he even thinks this was a win for Vancouver.... I think he's nuts though. The media parade over Lu was manageable, the situation you are in now is not. Definite step backwards, considering the risk.
    I don't think it was a win for Vancouver, that remains to be seen. I was surprised we got so much for Lu tho and I am glad the media circus is over.

If I have to see that clip of him crying to the media last year again cause he wasn't traded I am gonna hurl.

Also- The Luongo move in isolation is pretty dumb at this point in time all of that being said. Either you are going to blow it up or you are gonna try and make the playoffs. This just leaves everyone wondering and does nothing to bring energy to the room. I never liked the style of play that Gillis has been promoting and now I really am having a hard time defending him.
  • Markstrom Lack duo o.O
  • Must have been Jon that was touting it as a good move.

Gillis is sketchy as fuck, th ink he needs to rethink life.
  • Gillis is great, has one team that will trade with him. Crazy deadline day though. LA moved up in the powerhouse books. I thought the pens would do more. Rest of the moves were all good. I was surprised at the draft picks being given up this year. Toronto did nothing again. They should hook up with Vancouver, both are fucking useless lll.
  • id like to see canada beat south africa in south africa like australia just did
  • Blues.
    Good luck to them. I always pull for a team with as long of a drought as them. Its good for the fanbase.
  • TAMPA FTW

I liked tampa, and i love them more now with Cally on their side. Hoping they go deep in the playoffs :D
  • I like Cally and he is a great American player. Glen Sather makes another not-so-great decision.

Anyway, I am just looking forward to somebody other than Pitt/chi/Boston/LA to win the cup to mix it up.
  • Agreed. Colorado vs TBay would be a final id really enjoy watching.
  • True, but I would like to see St Louis, San Jose, or Minny from the west.

And a Toronto, Philly, or Washington (very unlikely) out of the east.

But I would take Colorado vs TBay over a chicago vs pitt/bos any day of the week.
  • Canucks were leading 3-0... then let in 7 goals in the 3rd period. I dont even... what?
  • Sorry bro, welcome to the pacific division.... where half the teams are going to be rebuilding.