Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I love pop-ups!

edited January 2014 in General
Starting this round, SK mobile has been giving me these really helpful pop-ups about protecting my phone from viruses.

Thanks SK! You wisely left out a button to close the pop-up and then automatically transferred me to their perfectly safe website.

Cheers :D

Comments

• AdBlock Plus
  • AdBlock Plus
    Exists on phones?
  • edited January 2014
    If you have Android, go to the AdBlockPlus website and install it directly. If I remember right, Google removed it from the marketplace for whatever asinine reason.
  • I got it for firefox on phone. just gotta search through it in add-ons
  • I just click cancel on my droid.
  • I just click cancel on my droid.
    Usually I do, but this one ad this morning didn't have a cancel button :/
  • I use the back button when it pops on my phone
  • edited January 2014
    If you have Android, go to the AdBlockPlus website and install it directly. If I remember right, Google removed it from the marketplace for whatever asinine reason.
    PROBABLY BECAUSE ADS ARE WHAT GOOGLE MAKES ALL IT'S REVENUE FROM.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M YELLING.

HERE'S THE LINK FOR ADBLOCK FOR ANDROID: https://adblockplus.org/en/android
  • If you have Android, go to the AdBlockPlus website and install it directly. If I remember right, Google removed it from the marketplace for whatever asinine reason.
    PROBABLY BECAUSE ADS ARE WHAT GOOGLE MAKES ALL IT'S REVENUE FROM.

I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M YELLING.

HERE'S THE LINK FOR ADBLOCK FOR ANDROID: https://adblockplus.org/en/android
    o/
  • Lol, I know Sci. Just felt like using the words "Google" and "asinine" in a sentence. :p
  • edited January 2014
    I'd also like to point out that ad revenue is what allows you to use so many apps for free on your android as opposed to an iPhone.

Developers are comfortable releasing apps for free, because the adds are (usually) unobtrusive and still provide revenue if your app is worth using.

Try whitelisting apps like that, unless you'd rather pay for the app than using it for free.

I'm fine blocking ads on websites like Starkingdoms, because the ads are horribly obtrusive, disruptive, and full of dirty shit.