Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today is the day......

edited December 2013 in General
The doctor dies

Comments

• On Xmas? You're a heartless ass
  • Trenzalore shud start in a few mo
  • edited December 2013
    Matt Smith was a good doctor

but not as good as david tennant
  • Crap, I forgot to watch it. God bless iPlayer.. :)
  • That was quite disappointing
  • Well at least we got the answers about the silence and all that. The status quo and the lack of explanation about wtf happened does suck tho... Guess we will have answers in next season...
  • Thats next autumn lol
  • I thought it was good, but they could've left out the town of Christmas stuff (Couldn't help but groan at that idea). Hoping the new Doctor brings some darker and more mature storylines.
  • Doctor who?

(Get it? I'm assuming you guys are Britts and talking about Dr who)
  • I aint british

I just like english shows like the it crowd or the office
  • I liked the exit of tennant and amy and the rest rather than how smith went

It seemed rushed and tight for time maybe i expected too much :(
  • Tennat's goodbye was built up over a 2 part episode. I had wished they would do the same with this one but was still pretty decent. I am definitely going to miss Matt Smith, he was a brilliant doctor
  • Nah i'm not brit ^^ Doctor Who is actually the only brit show i can digest :p.

Yeah it sucked to see Mat smith was still here after tower... He was an awesome doctor and the show keeps getting better, specially since they put in an extra budget for the special effects :p. Hope next doctor will be even better than Smith ^^.
  • He was probably only there after the Tower scene so he could say a proper goodbye to Clara and Amy (In a way).
  • The execution could have been better

And i cant understand how they gave him a new cycle of regenerations lol

Gotta love sci fi anythings possible
  • But out of the crack in the sky why cant they just come through

A bit of me wanted them to come through the crack and have a war with eveyone else and the docor somehow dies dramatically in claras arms

I bet i wouldve cried then :((
  • I just hope next autumn capaldi does a good job

He feels a bit like eccleston i hope i am wrong
  • well the doctor is vulnerable when he regenerates if i remember correctly and I think it's not the first time he destroys stuff while regenerating.

It seems he got a mega dose though. I supose we will have, eventually, the scene on Gallifrey side where the time lords in their funky dresses decide to help the good doctor ^^.
  • Massive post when i get home with lots of spoilers
  • edited December 2013
    I"m really tired from travelling and all and work now but I will post some of my thoughts.

I really enjoyed the episode personally, I have been rather frustrated as of late with Dr Who in that each season left so many unanswered questions and was so fragmented with how each season left off and then started back without any explanation of any big questions answered... I feel after the episode I am satisfied with Matt Smiths story line as the doctor and he is probably my 4th favorite doctor overall. Sadly I count the old doctors to as I am such a huge Dr Who fan I have watched from #1 all the way to this point 7 times (sligh exageration lolz). This show is one of my passions and I just love it. Do I get tired of the huge amount of Christmas stuff that they put into the show since Smith became the doctor? yes and no I feel like it is over done a small amount but it is also welcome in a sense as the show doesn't really get overpowered with it the overarching storyline that is.

Now some of the questions that were asked in the thread or statements

1. How old is the doctor. By all accounts he is nearing 1600-2000 years old if all can be measured. While this might seem old this is quite young for a time lord. Time Lords generally go like this thirteen regeneration each regeneration is allowed 1000 years of life before that regeneration dies of natural causes and is forced to regenerate into his next cycle. So that taken into account they are able to live 13000 years give or take.

2. How did the doctor gain more regenerations? Well this one is pretty easyish, the doctor changed the timeline once again during the doctor who 50th anniversary show and sealed off his homeworld rather than destroying it as he thought (didn't really change time just changed more his outlook on what really happened). And so just as the Time Lord council gave the master a new set of regenerations they gave the doctor the same luxury.

3. Regenerative energy has been shown to do a lot of random things, matt smiths destroyed the inside of the tardis pretty good. While this one destroyed a ship...guess just random it used to be a lot more peaceful however.
  • Sometimes I read these threads thinking that at some point in time I will understand what the fuck you guys are talking about, and it never happens.
  • Sometimes I read these threads thinking that at some point in time I will understand what the fuck you guys are talking about, and it never happens.