Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Scallywags] for Round 48

edited December 2011 in Game Talk

-[Scallywags]-

scallywags plural of scal·a·wag (Noun)
Noun:
A person who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way; a rascal.

The name is up for debate so far. However, this will be a traditional alliance. Traditional policies and traditional tactics will be employed. I’ll be looking for about 5-6 four man groups to populate the base of the alliance. If a group does not get in, I encourage them to play for the alliance they land in. If you want to try to get in a group or feel you have a decent group that wants to be one of the first allowed in, get a hold of me through PMs or on AIM. My main reason for this alliance is to have fun, my secondary reason is because I want to teach a couple people how to properly plan and execute an alliance.

AL: Me (AIM: ScientologySK)
VAL: Dogtown (AIM: DogtownSK)
VAL/FM: Archimedes (AIM: dragonknight314)

-[Rules and Regulations]-

[Retals]

If you break a rule, you will be approved for a retal. If a member of another alliance breaks one of our rules, we will contact their leaders and request a retal. Once approved it will be posted in the Alliance Forums. You MUST post that you are completing the retal in the appropriate thread before taking any action. If you do not, you will be subject to the rules below. If another alliance can not or choose not to carry through with a retal, that is their own concern, not ours. If another alliance deems a proper retal unjustified it will be grounds for war.

A retal can only be completed by the following:
  • 1 successful or failed hit.
  • 5 successful arsons.

[Farming]

Any farming done by an alliance mate will result in immediate death. Don’t come here and expect to cheat. If I, or anyone else, catches you we WILL kill you. If your kingdom is looking too suspicious, I’d rather kill you than deal with the headache of defending you. I know the mechanics of this game and if you can’t provide sufficient proof that you’re playing by the rules, it’s enough for me to kill your kingdom. Farming in other alliances will be subject to hard proof only. If an alliance is not removing it’s own cheaters it will be grounds for me to declare war.

[Free Land]

Kingdoms with under 500 tanks of defense are free land. Kingdoms with only 33% of their total military as defense are considered free land.

[Bashing]

Bashing is defined by hitting someone ⅓ of your land size. If you bash, you will be approved for three retals. If you bash again, your kingdom will be approved for a KT. If a kingdom is declared free land, bashing rules no longer apply.

[Gangbangs]

A gangbang occurs when a kingdom is hit more than 3 times by a single alliance in a 24 hour period. To prevent gangbangs in outside alliances you MUST post your hits in the alliance forums. If a gangbang occurs, the kingdom that did not post their hit in the alliance forums will be subject to a retal. First gangbang offense will be approved one retal. Second offense will be approved three retals. Third offense will be approved for a KT.

[Aggressive Probings]

Aggressive Probings are off limits except for in times of war. Any of the following consititutes an aggressive probing:
  • Arson
  • Sabotage Powerplants
  • Suicide Attack
One to three aggressive probings will be approved one retal. Four to six aggressive probings will be approved three retals. Seven or more aggressive probings will be approved for a KT.

[Missiles]

Missiles are not to be used outside of war. Using a missile strike on another kingdom will be approved three retals. Second offenders will be approved for a KT. However, every kingdom is tasked creating missiles for use in war. A ratio of two nuclear and two fusion missiles to every one energy missile is desired. Every kingdom is required to build four to five missiles a day starting the second week of the game. This is vital to any war efforts.

[Game Threads]

There will be several official game threads to promote activity in the alliance during non war times. Game threads will include but are not limited to the following:
  • A scavenger hunt
  • A game of Werewolf
  • Minigolf tournament

[Hall of Fame]

The Hall of Fame is a reward system for alliance activity. Your personal HoF can be viewed at any time by asking myself or an Officer. Three winners will be decided on at the end of the round. The winners will receive any of the following:
  • A premium account paid for by myself.
  • Any item that can be bought online under ten US dollars.
  • A personal autograph from myself. (lol)
Winner number one will be the person with the most accumulated HoF points.
Winner number two will be the person with the most accumulated HoF points during war.
Winner number three will be decided by the sector with the most accumulated HoF points.

HoF points are separated into two categories and will be awarded for the following:

[Non War Time]

• Completed Retal - 10 points
  • Posting a Spy report in the proper thread - 1 point
  • Posting a Spy report of a kingdom in Top 20 - 2 points
  • Declared Winner of a Game Thread - 10 points
  • Alliance and Sector Banners - 10 points
  • Custom Avatars - 10 points

[War Time]

• Posting a Spy Report of a Targeted Kingdom - 1 point
  • Aggressive Probings - 2 points
  • Missiles - 10 points
  • Failed Grab - 7 points
  • Successful Grab - 5 points
  • Kill Shot - 3 points

I realize I could have left a lot of this out, but I couldn't be bothered.

Any questions can be fielded here. There will be a pirate theme if the name [Scallywags] sticks.

Comments

• Ahoy! I didnt like it at first but there are plenty of pirate themed names i could roll with.
  • Admiral Barbarossa! Red beards for life!
  • Good luck.

These days in SK though, I doubt you'll need it.
  • We'll see, should be fun as people seem to be more unpredictable.
  • sci does keep his promise for gifts, except he sent me Foucault's Pendulum with anthrax all over it
  • If this round is any indicator, people will KT and war at random. Should make for a fun round.
  • edited December 2011
    sci does keep his promise for gifts, except he sent me Foucault's Pendulum with anthrax all over it
    Did you ever finish that book? How did you like it?

If you want another one, I highly recommend the Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Flame_of_Queen_Loana
  • i havent got to reading it, i tried to find where i left off but then i get distracted by my manly hands and... you know
  • will there be rum?
  • Sci, can i suggest you think about your hof points.

For example, first second and third hits should be worth more than normal grabs later on, because those first breakers always die so there is a lot more risk involved.

That has always been the trouble with hof
  • edited December 2011
    Normally, I will make posts in each KT thread giving different bonuses when the activity is slow, or he needs broken. So when he's getting close to getting broken I offer double or triple for the first three hits. Or double hof for every fail until he's broken, double hof if the kd is done by a set time, etc etc etc.

I feel like that promotes people working together to get hof, more than each individually going for the most hof.

For example, if only the guys breaking are getting the extended hof, those big fails that come right before the first break will be hesitant. They'd rather wait and get second or third break. However, if everyone gets double hof if he's broken three times in the next two ticks. They'll be more willing to "Hey I'll fail so you can grab". Ya digg?
  • ...ok ill accept that :-"
  • And I'll name my alliance [CuntNuggets]
  • If I play, join your alliance, and get top HoF, Sci, I want your autograph on some MSpaint art you make yourself. These are my terms.
  • If I play, join your alliance, and get top HoF, Sci, I want your autograph on some MSpaint art you make yourself. These are my terms.
    Gladly accepted. I think I have a spot in my group for you boss. We can play some Noth for old times sake.
  • I'm down for some Nothin anytime. I actually started playing again a few weeks before Skyrim came out just to pass the time.
  • Nothin better to do, amirite?
  • Dogtown comes to me for alliance advice :p
  • Aye Matey pass the Rum
  • Dogtown comes to me for alliance advice :p
    Maybe that's why he has so much to learn.

Zing!
  • i wont support this trashy alliance

bunch of scrubs
  • An Egyptian themed alliance would be more stylin
  • Make is Stargate with the whole Goa'uld thing and I'll play SK again just for the theme.
  • edited December 2011
    This alliance is a win, all cool people are here, so if youre cool you should come! I think im going to create next round and maybe after kissing sci his ass he will let me in :o

Merry X mas all btw :)
  • edited December 2011
    Make is Stargate with the whole Goa'uld thing and I'll play SK again just for the theme.
    Yeah that would be pretty good something like, 'System Lords'.

Im naming my kd after an Egyptian god be kinda cool to have an alliance name that goes with it. :-)

• Are you going to be leaving midround?
  • edited December 2011
    Are you going to be leaving midround?
    Nope, sorry to disappoint you JayR.