Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear Anti-Turtles

edited November 2011 in Game Talk
Dear Anti-Turtles,

Hello Anti-Turtles! It has come to my attention that many of you are feeling depressed and even having thoughts of suicide. You feel like no one likes you and that no matter what you do everyone is out to get you. Well I have some great news for you!

NO ONE CARES.

I have been getting the distinct feeling that the more you cry the more you think things will get better. You are wrong. In fact, the more you cry the more players like myself will be inclined to grab you. If you do no build defense, we will grab you and keep grabbing you until you are dead.

This is just a friendly reminder from one of your fellow star explorers to please shut the fuck up and build defense or die.

Sincerely,
Tyrsis

Comments

• But... but... Anti-turtle!
  • The probes have come back with a report that is 100% accurate:

Home Leader War Leader #1 War Leader #2 War Leader #3 War Leader #4
    Status AVAILABLE (0) UNAVAILABLE (6) UNAVAILABLE (9) AVAILABLE (0) AVAILABLE (0)
    Soldiers 139 0 0 0 0
    Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Dragoons 10,645 9,531 7,605 0 0
    Fighters 0 0 0 0 0
    Laser Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Laser Dragoons 9,561 0 0 0 0
    Tanks 7,998 0 0 0 0

Prime example.
  • hey get my som outta here!
  • That's nothing...

Planets: 4,870
    Networth: 1,219,590
    Honor: 3,229
    Platinum: 90,664
    Power: 656,000
    Population: 67,987

MA Protection: 0%
    Planet Type: Desert Wasteland

Soldiers: 10
    Troopers: 0
    Dragoons: 57,845
    Fighters: 0
    Laser Troopers: 0
    Laser Dragoons: 25,787

Tanks: 11,786
    Scientists: Unknown
    Probes: Unknown
  • those last two dont look that much anti turtle to me... they dont even have insane amounts of offense :O
  • The one i posted can break himself with his goons, imo thats antiturtle. Seeing as how hes nowhere near the top. And there are dozens of kds like his, people keep protecting them for unknown reasoms
  • prosnow is the master anti-turtle. anyone else is a poser.
  • Cereal is a pretty pro anti-turtle.
  • If prosnow is playing now chances are he hasn't been hit yet and he can break himself at least 10 times over.
  • He was playing earlier and had a pro anti-turtle KD. :D
  • crazy round bonus and DW goon prices...its the PT that noobs pick to think they are good :)
  • whats worse is that I was managing a better s1 kd than lynog's dw s2 kd lol
  • i have no idea why you keep saying this, i guess it makes you feel good about yourself or something idk. Have a reality pill flaznoob
  • edited November 2011
    crazy round bonus and DW goon prices...its the PT that noobs pick to think they are good :)
    Qwjvfiil is right. The planet type was already extremely overpowered and the round bonus pushed it to insanity. If you are a desert wasteland your planet should fit the definition of suicided, because it's stupid not to. Hence it is insanity. I've done a fairly good job lately of not criticizing BCart, but he totally dropped the ball on this. Just remove desert from the damn game so that people will sign up and not get ass raped the entire time that they play. The ass rapers have to beg everyone to stop hitting them 10x an hour too for making an easy grab. How the hell are they supposed to have any defense after that? It takes weeks to make defense it takes an hour to build yourself into a suicided state. It's stupid man, just stupid, and not any fun.
  • crazy round bonus and DW goon prices...its the PT that noobs pick to think they are good :)
    Qwjvfiil is right. The planet type was already extremely overpowered and the round bonus pushed it to insanity. If you are a desert wasteland your planet should fit the definition of suicided, because it's stupid not to. Hence it is insanity. I've done a fairly good job lately of not criticizing BCart, but he totally dropped the ball on this. Just remove desert from the damn game so that people will sign up and not get ass raped the entire time that they play. The ass rapers have to beg everyone to stop hitting them 10x an hour too for making an easy grab. How the hell are they supposed to have any defense after that? It takes weeks to make defense it takes an hour to build yourself into a suicided state. It's stupid man, just stupid, and not any fun.
    It is insane. DW is like the only pt to not have been nerfed in the last ~2 years. He nerfed mount/fw I assumed because of round bonuses but he never put them back. Like I expect VI to be -25% forever now.
  • next round should be a lore round.

No random bonuses
    No sector states
    No sector enhancements
    and all planet types are back to their original

Basically a copy of v1 & v1.1

this would really seperate the scrubs from the pros
  • edited November 2011
    This game has turned its back to turtles and the reward is a reduced player base. I'd love for some pro turtles to show up and endorse what I'm saying but I'm not sure there are any left. It's gone on long enough.

I couldn't agree more with what Neg just posted. I've asked for a very long time for v1 to run on server 2. People try to argue that and say no v1 had bugs, BCart doesn't have the time to redo it, etc.
  • edited November 2011
    + Desert Wasteland | +15% Offensive | -10% Trooper/Dragoon Cost | -10% Population | -- Start with Dragoons, FDC research always at 25%

That was dw when I started playing...

What was v1 like?
  • So with the cheap goons and the +20% wouldnt it make sense that dws would in fact have more defense than "normal" kds of the same size because. A. They need 20% less offense to grab kds that a "normal" kd of their size would grab.. And 2. They have more cash to spend on defense because they arent spending as much on offense.

So.. The dws that have more offense than defense have made a bet that they can grab more than they can be grabbed or the fear of being grabbed will deter most from grabbing them. Therefore if they choose this tactic, they choose the consequences.. Whatever that may be..
  • negneg
    edited November 2011
    yeah not to mention the goons are cheap as well so when you fall behind on offence you can mass them in a couple hours and start making good hits again.

DW was always a good late game planet type and these days it's good in the early game as well.

so many people just got caught up in the hype this round that they could break anyone they wanted.

probably 50% - 70% of the DW population were eventually sent back to reality :P
  • I'd love to see some of the DW go old school and research TF's :D

none of this goon shit
  • I just dont get anyone defending the tactic of having more offense than defense.. Its not like anyobe forces them to do this. Its a choice. If the choice was nothing but D.. Then they wouldnt get hit..
  • edited November 2011
    DW doesn't get nerfed because it never survives a round. Or at least it shouldn't, as they are the easiest targets in war.
  • DW doesn't get nerfed because it never survives a round. Or at least it shouldn't, as they are the easiest targets in war.
    That's what I was thinking, that it never puts up numbers at the end of the round but that would be way to logical for sk.
  • Well. I don't see why it would get nerfed. It's the way it is for people who want to war and go out with a bang.
  • I was also surprised there werent very many good DWs this game, its kinda bad when all who are up there end up getting smoked or just sucked at building.
  • next round should be a lore round.

No random bonuses
    No sector states
    No sector enhancements
    and all planet types are back to their original

Basically a copy of v1 & v1.1

this would really seperate the scrubs from the pros
    Oh dear, does that mean we get to use the old strategies again aswell?
  • 1300 tank newbiemode here we come!
  • edited November 2011
    7000 Goons newbiemode here we come!