Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Mobi

edited November 2011 in General
My sector decided that Mobi while we're all at 800 land is a good idea.
I decided they're stupid.

Discuss

Comments

• agreed. I think all the servers i'm on have decided to do the same
  • u can usually tell how shit your sectors players are by how early they start crying for mobil

u get the noobs that think nw is everything 2 days out of newbie with their "i think we should go mob now" and just know they are going to be farmed out for the rest of the round
  • Sadly, you are correct, esp in regards to my sector. I was just thrilled to get this last night:

This is an official message from your Sector Leader.

Sometime within the next 12-30 hours or so we will be switching to mobi for a day. This will be a time to quickly pump out military. 1:11 has switched to mobi and we need to be able to keep up w/ their military production.

An hour later, we got one saying, "ok, 12 ticks!" And then right after that, it was, nevermind, 11 ticks! And despite objections, now my explore costs are mocking me at 4K when I could still be having 75% off.
  • Poor ixta. My SL is dumb but thankfully I convinced my sector early mobi is for tards. Much explanation was needed but they agreed before long. To the people going mobi now, I thank you for letting me slide under the radar and for ripening the land i will be needing soon enough.
  • only dwls can get away with a mobi this early nobody else can hit for more than they can explore and hit for in growth
  • I fully support this thread.

Its even worse this round when I see kds with populations that they can't even afford to max train soldiers in mobi anyway.
  • You know what i hate? When I say WTF ARE YOU THINKING, and go in super depth about how much land they lose from the extra wl, the 5 robs, and that you don't train twice as fast you just train in 12 hour blocks. And then their only response that makes sense is "you train soldiers faster!". I would be content on s2 with growth 99% of the round until the last 12 hours.

People mess up my exploring and they mess up my robbing.
  • Mal are we in the same sector s2?

I gave up explaining that your soldier production has more to do with your pop than your sector state. Everything else is determined by your income and what you can save for troops. Thus growth = more tanks, etc overtime than mobi....
  • until 2.5k land you will never hit for more than you can explore and hit for with the exception of these huge ass DWs with huge pop. Thing is when they go they kinda force everyone to join them, lets hope its just a 24hour stint for these noobies ey mal
  • edited November 2011
    lrn2getSLinanawesomeawesomegalaxy2sector noobs.

Scientology (2:13) Voting For: Nobody Votes Received: 1
    The current Sector Leader is Scientology (2:13)

Like a boss.
  • edited November 2011
    Guess we will just see how it plays out.
  • just copy whatever the top sector does.

if you don't then GL massing enough defence in 24 hs over their offence in 12.
  • Haha my KD can actually benefit from a 24 hour mobi. Really don't care about everyone else.
  • As much as i hate to say it..Neg is right. Im sure there dw's and MT's probabaly massed offence and now can break well over 3.5k tanks without sending any defence. In fact i know they can :D
  • edited November 2011
    So, one guy in my sector voting for early mobi is a FW with too many soldiers. He told us he wanted to pump them all into tanks, but that his rax were too full, so he needed Mobi for the rax capacity.

• thats almost as bad as asking for ma protection
  • well maybe you should give it more often

then people wont ask
  • another benefit to mobil is that if you do get r00led by one of the big DW's, you wont lose as much military. :D
  • Our sector hopped into mobi too.. They want to pump D faster so they don't get rolled.

I'm crying right now at my explore costs.
  • You would be crying more if u get rolled because one of those sectors that is in mobi has pumped out 3k goons in 12hrs and rolls u for more then u can explore in 24hrs.
  • thats called being dw and anyone can do that.
    it doesnt matter the rate at which the units come in, if you can bring your drafting to an equilibrium, it will be at the same rate of the mobi as long as units arent your constraint and money is the dependent factor, however if you suck and dont have enough pop or money compared to the people in mobi, then you suck and deserve to get hit.

plus lets also not take into account how much land costs to explore in mobi. It just slows their growth down pretty hard.
  • units as in soldiers
  • another benefit to mobil is that if you do get r00led by one of the big DW's, you wont lose as much military. :D
    lol I like what he said.
  • What are you people talking about?

Everyone knows mobi = more military!!

GO MOBI GO MOBI
  • if you can bring your drafting to an equilibrium, it will be at the same rate of the mobi as long as units arent your constraint and money is the dependent factor, however if you suck and dont have enough pop or money compared to the people in mobi, then you suck and deserve to get hit.
    This is pretty much it. People drool over the first 12 hours of mobo. They're like WOW THIS IS AWESOME LOOK AT MY UNITS TRAINED. Then the first 24 they go back to growth they think "wow this sucks!". But it's all about looking at what is trained in blocks. You get on a good training regiment and stay consistent and you never even see a difference.

Hyrule, I'm in 1:2 in s2. We're in mobo...

Lynog, that's true. What's even funnier is that the opening for hitting outclassing mobo then closes quickly because by mid-late to late game exploring gives way more land than hitting. I'd rather be in growth during that time too (except last 12 hours of the round)
  • Our sector hopped into mobi too.. They want to pump D faster so they don't get rolled.

I'm crying right now at my explore costs.

Unfortunately we are in mobi :( it was requested to be put to a vote, after some debate, and mis communication/errors the sector majority voted for mobi :( BOOOOO.

• ok now i'm in mobo on both servers.
  • in all fairness i expected it with the round bonus and so many dws
  • I needed soldiers :p