Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sci's Newbie Sim - Updated for Round 58

edited July 2013 in General
http://newbiesim.jwjacobs88.com

Updated for Round 58.
  • Added a checkbox to apply or remove the round 58 bonus of +50% NW.
  • Added max explore alerts
Bug Fixes:
  • F&W wasn't starting with 500 soldiers.
  • Buildings were giving 24 NW instead of 25.
  • Exploring and Building costs were not being rounded properly resulting in a ~1 NW discrepancy from the game.

Comments

• Excellent stuff, thanks.
  • edited July 2013
    Mystical lands will not allow you to buy Sci's or any other unit for that matter. It gives the error saying: it is impossible to train that /ammount/ of elites.

EDIT: nvm, it doesn't update the info immediately like the others do when you train, it thru me off guard.
  • edited July 2013
    Fixed.
  • edited July 2013
    Updates!

Added the ability to modify each planet types bonus and disadvantage.

This should help keep you fuckers off my back each time round bonuses change, as well as let you plan possible round bonuses in advance.

Edit: I also added a donate button that sends money directly to my webhosting bill, like any of you would actually pay for useless shit... oh wait, you pay bcart for premiums.

Edit Edit: If someone posts a half-decent guide (aka. lynog's newbiemode guide) I'll add an option to review and have it add follow along features for the new players (as if anyone would seriously try to play this game).

Edit Edit Edit: Also looking for the max explore guide, and by looking I mean someone post it because I don't want to look it up. I'll add in a check box that alerts you when you should explore to reach max explore.
  • Very nice. Just need DW goon cost updated.
  • edited July 2013
    Wait. Last round it was -80%? That's what it's set as. Whats wrong with it?
  • shit doesn't even work right and he thinks we should send him money, what a joke.
  • shit doesn't even work right and he thinks we should send him money, what a joke.
    Hey! He's a nice lady, be nice!
  • edited July 2013
    Not sure but my goons were costing way more than they should when I tried to train em :)

Edit: The terra bonus change button doesn't do anything, all the other pts work though
    Try building one dragoon instead of guessing. The bonus is working perfectly fine.

Terra Form gets a billion point disadvantage for sucking shit. Who the hell plays that crap anyways.

It's fixed.
    shit doesn't even work right and he thinks we should send him money, what a joke.
    Does that mean you should pay your gf back too?

It's funny because she's a hideous beast that pays him for sex and because limp dick.
  • i got that limp dick thing taken care of sci, you don't need to tell everyone.
  • i got that limp dick thing taken care of sci, you don't need to tell everyone.
    Sorry :(
  • edited July 2013
    Updated for Round 58.
    • Added a checkbox to apply or remove the round 58 bonus of +50% NW.
    Bug Fixes:
    • F&W wasn't starting with 500 soldiers.
    • Buildings were giving 24 NW instead of 25.
    • Exploring and Building costs were not being rounded properly resulting in a ~1 NW discrepancy from the game.
  • I get a cut for posting the code you are using? lol
    Maybe if I hadn't drastically altered the code.
  • edited July 2013
    • Added max explore alerts.
    Thanks Dharma.
  • +1post count
  • //some shit I don't know
    function CommaFormatted(amount) {
    var delimiter = ","; // replace comma if desired
    var a = amount

}

basically just changes 3000 to 3,000

amazed you managed to fix that trainwreck of a code though,
    thumbs up!
  • edited August 2013
    //some shit I don't know
    function CommaFormatted(amount) {
    var delimiter = ","; // replace comma if desired
    var a = amount

}

basically just changes 3000 to 3,000

amazed you managed to fix that trainwreck of a code though,
    thumbs up!
    Yes, I realized what it does, I think I was just sectioning off bits I didn't need to touch.

That page is a monstrosity, but I didn't feel like rewriting the entire thing so I just kind gave it a facelift.

Also, thanks for the base of the code :)
  • Wow, sup old man :)
  • tbh, a few years ago i did decide to remake it. trying to read it wouldve just resulted in a headache, too much weed, and probably a broken table. never got around to it though, such a boring task :P
    thats a funny thing to say... because i definitely recognise way way over half of that code as MY code, which as far as ive decided is open source to the point where itll have to remain so if you use it or change it.
  • Sup buddy. What are you doing slumming around here ;)
    thats a funny thing to say... because i definitely recognise way way over half of that code as MY code, which as far as ive decided is open source to the point where itll have to remain so if you use it or change it.
    and the rebuttal?
  • edited August 2013
    I get a cut for posting the code you are using? lol
    Which reminds me. The old copyright info you had there was vague at best. Is there something you want me to put there. Like a url or something.
  • I think I now know why BCart guards his code like it's a pile of coke. Computer folks hve pride even if its just a shiny turd :)
    Which reminds me. The old copyright info you had there was vague at best. Is there something you want me to put there. Like a url or something.
    if i ever find them back ill send them to you. but as far as i remember only the things in the direction of commadivided were taken from other sites, some of the things there are taken from other sites but so insanely common that theres no way to find out who made it

also zeality: its one huge mess of a code, but there were no bugs in there calculation wise. it was fast enough and contained 100's of hours of coding and working and testing. of course were proud about it! it kinda feels good to have created a few things... what, 8 years ago? that are at still being used, even though its changed a bit here and there :P

Cory: dont know actually, i just got the sudden impulse to go here and see what was up :P

• thats a funny thing to say... because i definitely recognise way way over half of that code as MY code...
    Sci, you is busted! Run! I'll hold em off long as I can.
  • i do believe sci asked me a few years back... i think so at least, many people asked and i said yes to all of em at any rate
  • i do believe sci asked me a few years back... i think so at least, many people asked and i said yes to all of em at any rate
    It be a trap!
  • Cory: dont know actually, i just got the sudden impulse to go here and see what was up :P
    A buddy and I had the same impulse weeks ago and this round I'm running an alliance Haha.