Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An honest review of another game

pospos
edited January 2013 in General
I'm here today to bring you all a review about another game that we all know of. I feel that SK is the best place to write such a review in that it is free of the overmoderation that this other game is known for.

The areas this review will focus on are the promises that the game originally made, the game experience and finally the future.

ORIGINAL PROMISES:

- An active game administrator
This promise is somewhat true however it doesnt really matter because the fact is that the game administrator is not on your side. He is on the side of his friends. Also an active game administrator is basically worthless as it doesnt accomplish anything...

- A cheat free game
The game in question encountered a player making multis to attack other players. The response from the active game moderator was to give the player a warning... A warning! Somebody cheats in a blatant way and the correct response is to give them a warning after damage has been done to damage another players enjoyment of the round? What a stupid response...

On top of this the administrator was caught telling his friends who was probing them as well as leaking peoples probe histories to try and undermine them.

- An overall better game then SK...
Debatable really. It suffers the same problems that SK suffers except there is an element of overmoderation that hampers the game experience as well as favourtism by the ingame moderator. Atleast BCartFall doesn't favour any of the playerbase and it is upto the player to make their way to the top.

GAME EXPERIENCE:

I was asked to play with some people I knew in a custom sector. At the time I was very busy with other affairs but managed to produce an alright kingdom. I was barely active though and merely staying alive for my sectors sake, rather focusing on probes over a big kingdom.

Instantly i encountered an immediate dislike by the administrator and his friends because of the fact that I was vocal about lithuanians and their history in starkingdoms. I feel I brought up some good questions that are still yet to be answered? Why should cheaters in SK be allowed to play in this game when they have caused plenty of problems? Because they are the administrators friend.

So in the end I was attacked and decided to retaliate (Which I could because I had the offence). Immediately I found myself the target of all the lithuanians in the server. After speaking out about this my account was disabled for 'racism'.

Not only that but I found my name trying to be destroyed by the lithuanians and the administrator. They had accused me in universal chat of aggressively probing my own sector mates. When they called the administrator a lier they were constantly told that he was correct etc. What the administrator did not count on though was me having my probe history saved and knowing who i was probing and what my returns were, as well as times when i was actually online.

After the administrator was proven to be lying he instantly rebutted his remarks about me in an attempt to save face. In the end this whole situation proved that the administrator was cheating and exposing things to his friends that should not be shown to anyone.

Finally my account was disabled but with a permanent mute. I spent my last few hours hitting who I could as well as probing. Such a bad way to end my experience in this game... Wasting time fighting the administrator and his friends who I would have no hope of beating...

THE FUTURE OF THE GAME

So far i see alot of discussion about game becoming better in the future. I fail to see how this will happen.

My impression of a successful game is one that is fair and balanced and caters to the popular and good players within the community. The popular and good players are usually the people that know what makes a good game and by following their suggestions it is usually the result that the remainder of the community will follow aka the casuals.

At the moment there is alot of suggestions by everyone within the game. these suggestions conflict with each other and yet almost every suggestion is met with a positive response and a promise to try it out.

The mistake that this administrator makes is trying to please everyones needs and it is only going to end badly. To constantly keep making a kingdom every round takes alot of energy and looking at some of the changes planned for next round has already turned me off.

So anyway thats my review of this game. The best thing u can do is avoid it at all costs unless u want to experience something that i believe to be of no comparison to the great starkingdoms.

Peace

liths are fags

Comments

• to long didnt read
  • to long didnt read
  • I havent played GC actively this round or last, but as far as i can see its just a bunch of noobs (Same old noobs, suprise suprise) moaning because xLTx are more organised.

Heres an idea, instead of moaning get a group of friends and challenge them next round, aslong as its not breaking game made rules who cares. I think the vast majority of players would rather just roll over and moan about it.

I would rather play with an active admin, than a game with no admin. The problem with an active admin, is that they are only human and will probably make mistakes and implement bad changes from time to time. Aslong as they learn from the mistakes and remove bad changes quickly then i wont complain.

I wouldnt of even wasted your time with that wall of text, you realize the game is in BETA? Why would you even bother writing a review on a game in beta, main point is to remove bugs an that.

Everyone needs to chill out. Get your friends and bring some competition to the table, instead of moaning and bitching. Thats whats lacking on both SK/GC.

P.s before the criers are like lol xltx defending xltx. I havent spoke to any lithuanian in years. So carry on crying.

• xLTx noob, we all know your still part of xLTx. Your kidding nobody
  • i tried to put it into important sections that mattered but that must be too much for someone like u jones

enjoy ur corrupt cheating admin m8
  • i tried to put it into important sections that mattered but that must be too much for someone like u jones

enjoy ur corrupt cheating admin m8
    I havent played GC actively this round or last

• so why is it u felt the need to write so much only to now realise that everything u wrote is irrelevent and u just wasted ur time

keep it up m8
  • January 16, 17:28:07 Excalibur (9:9) Why are u still here u lith cunt
    January 16, 17:28:47 Excalibur (9:9) Kill me so i can dos this game already
    January 16, 17:31:04 Excalibur (9:9) Lol so many scrubs wasting probes
    January 16, 17:33:26 Excalibur (9:9) Another idiot
    January 16, 17:35:40 Excalibur (9:9) More blacks are on welfare = fact
    January 16, 17:36:05 Excalibur (9:9) U need to use your brain more instead of sitting on goc 24 7
    January 16, 17:37:42 Excalibur (9:9) Ownt faggot
    January 16, 17:51:02 Excalibur (9:9) Your a lith fsggot named after a racist kids show
    January 16, 17:52:49 Excalibur (9:9) Nice link idiotJanuary 16, 17:55:55 Excalibur (9:9) Atleast i can state the truth on SK
    January 16, 17:56:11 Excalibur (9:9) And not be called a racist
    January 16, 17:56:34 Excalibur (9:9) Shows the iQ gap from one game to next i suppose
    January 16, 17:57:14 Excalibur (9:9) Goc full of niggers aka stupid sk full of whites aka smart
    January 16, 17:57:22 Excalibur (9:9) Its proven mi
    January 16, 17:58:35 Excalibur (9:9) theres a proven iq gap between black and white
    January 16, 17:59:47 Excalibur (9:9) So how much have u black pieces of shit helped out with in society?
    January 16, 18:01:46 Excalibur (9:9) and watch a nigger dos iyt?
    January 16, 18:04:18 Excalibur (9:9) Gotta contributw to society
    January 16, 18:04:32 Excalibur (9:9) Unlike those leeching niggers
    January 16, 18:05:04 Excalibur (9:9) If your black and reading this
    January 16, 18:05:20 Excalibur (9:9) I hope u take offence u piece of shit

I'd write an honest review of pos/neg/nimrod but the shit writes itself.
  • Neg threatening dos again :-))
  • well i can not say anything bad against GoC so far u found some mates form SK already so i am happy :P

well and about POS... never trust a nazi ;-)

• Planet types are great and every planet supports their playing strategy well.
    Players have the chance to affect planetary changes, so yes we do have an active admin, who does listen to the player base as whole.
    nope try again

He also removed all bots. In any case if a hidden bot can grow and then makes a mass strike against a player. Our admin can and will remove these bots and give all lost resources back to the player who was cheated at. Players can focus on their kd, player made rules and wars.
    ignoring my points completely about promises that this would be a bot free game to begin with. try again

this shit game will also become more player friendly in the future. If you have families, work and such and need more time with them I rather suggest playing a shit game than SK.
    so you a random is making empty promises without actual explanation of how it is going to get there? nice m8 try again

Sk is only great for those who cheat. Legit players have moved to a shit game. I don't regret that change at all.
    LOL. tell that to the many legitimate casual players i know of in SK that play it. your a fucking idiot if you think this is true. keep trying

In shit game also WLs are faster so it is more friendly towards antiturtles.
    so im unsure how this is a good point at all?

overall your argument fucking sucks

enjoy your shitty game with cheating lith faggots

ta
  • NSG always looks stupid when trying to argue with me

post a one sided chatlog and think that means your right?

just ignoring the racist responses from lithuanian players

keep it up m8
  • also i might be in bed soon so can crash please remove all the people spamming the actual name of the shitty game?

i made sure to exclude its name in my original post
  • Hey there shitty shitty fag fag shitty shitty fag fag how do you do?
  • edited January 2013
    I havent played GC actively this round or last, but as far as i can see its just a bunch of noobs (Same old noobs, suprise suprise) moaning because xLTx are more organised.

Heres an idea, instead of moaning get a group of friends and challenge them next round, aslong as its not breaking game made rules who cares. I think the vast majority of players would rather just roll over and moan about it.

You obviously didn't pay attention this round on GoC lol... Lemme give you a summary...

On GoC this rounds test or bonus was "custom" sectors, Omni's idea. The advantage was supposed to be a full active sector vs randomly populated sectors. Well the criteria was 1 custom sector per alliance, then changed "once round started" to only 1 sector per alliance. Non the less I'm sure you can imagine 30 veterans between 3 sectors, most of which have played as long as you and can out build xLTx on the regular.

Well Holo announcing that he was "restacking" the empty sectors to fill them up, why the fck?! And looky looky xLTx and most of Holos buddies restack into 3 full sectors and is allowed to join an alliance that's double the nw of any other. Meanwhile xLTx is crying about the custom sectors wanting to join an alliance to compete with this super alliance. Holo waits 2 weeks into a 4 week round to lift restrictions on the custom sectors joining alliances but by then half of us had already been suicided/Agro probed into uselessness.

So to recap... xLTx was given a stacked alliance while everyone else was told to use blasts and pm to share resources and intel...

Sorry but I would rather fight and loose vs xLTx bots here, instead of being set up by an admin to even be able to fight and still loose there..

My main issue was restacking his buddies into a stacked alliance Then telling everyone to suck it up and fight.... Lmao, Why the fck would I join a stacked sector that can't utilize alliances if every sector was getting restacked and they could properly utilize alliances?
  • edited January 2013
    Post the full chat log. Should make semi-interesting reading.

In regards to HG's post, it's a wonder that anyone still bothers with these games where admins are either absent or don't know how to remain 100% neutral.
  • Pos that's the biggest load of junk I ever read. You did nothing but troll from day one.

You come onto these forums and try to present your experience on GoC without including how racist and hostile you were in game and on the forums.

You have so many mental issues its unreal.
  • edited January 2013
    I don't remember reading anything about restacking sectors tbh, and most of us translated "1 custom sector per alliance" to mean 1 custom sector and 2 random sectors not 1 sector alliances period.

Now that would have been all good if the ppl who benefited from it weren't the same group threatening to bot rape ppl here and letting LT.moo be used to advertise GoC. You like to claim its not the same xLTx but... lol

Gotta admit how it looks bro.

And it's not about not trying new ideas,Holo. It's about noticing unfair advantages like the # 1 alliance being double the nw of any other. If I were you I would have made all sectors 1 alliance after week 1 to be objectively fair to all.
  • Ban pos, you'll get more players
  • I'm not out right quitting, I just won't be a part of any more betas.

And the main thing you could have done was even the odds across the boards once you noticed the nw lead of the #1 alliance over the rest via disbanding all alliances and making every sector run there own alliance... IMO. Least at that point no one could cry about biased bonus given by a biased admin... lol

Just do your best in the future to avoid such accusations :)
  • The Liths have tried time after time to move the SK pop to a clone they can rule. When this game finally hit a brickwall we gave them a fair shot. We did not go the conspiracy route and let nature take its course. There were no attacks and no hostilities. They were allowed to advertise all over this forum. I think it is fair to say this game had the best opportunity of any clone thus far... and they showed their ass right out of the gate.
  • Best suggestion I have for the current situation is to run 2 servers. One server is a basic SK clone where you can try slight changes in the form of round bonus.. Kinda like SK "The era of knowledge". And another server to run radical ideas and debug.

This way there's something new and something everyone is familiar with.
  • edited January 2013
    I have no interest in joining a new server where they slowly perfect their conspiracy. Holo has a terrible track record in that field and he already screwed up. It's just downhill from there. Sure he will eventually get to a point with his friends that the whole thing is confusing enough that you can't prove it, but why would you continue going back knowing this is the desired outcome?
  • Let's review: this 'certain game' will feature:

-An active mod
    -A high percent of activity for its player base
    -Neither neg nor dank
  • All I know is that holo said neg sabo'd his sectormates shortly after he was banned temporarily when he did not in fact sabo his sectormates. It is quite frustrating when people can't doubt the word of the admin when he was 100% lying. Who knows if holo lies in any other regard, but GoC would be a fun place to play if he fucking fixed oceanic.
  • Need to nerf mystic too if your running a 30 day round they don't need any more increases to there already filthy return times lol, kinda made competition moot when a mystic could suicide break you 3 times a day before you could even hit back once lol... And ofc in a 30 day round even if they turtle and only hit inacts/suiciders it's nearly impossible to keep up with there land gains daily.

Besides flazers point on oceanic, mine on mystic and FDC not being coded for dws I saw no issues with pt bonuses... Everything else seemed fairly balanced.... Now the alliances on the other hand... Just silly.
  • pokemon? dafuq?
  • edited January 2013
    Let's review: this 'certain game' will feature:

-An active mod
    -A high percent of activity for its player base
    -Neither neg nor dank
    Yeah I agree you guys leave our server ok. We will stay behind and rough it cheater free. Take your shit bot and Lynog with ya.
  • Wait you actually make multi land farms and call them pokemon names? XD

What if we want to pick a pokemon name but its taken zomg!
  • Exploring already costs a retarded amount in goc (added the fact that no nanos make it much more difficult) and the +10% explore costs, yeah, not doing it for me.