Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account Gifting

edited October 2012 in General
Weve had this debate before, but I dont want to look thru the rules to find the wording. Last I recall, theres nothing that says you cant gift a KD to someone; there can only be one owner, so if I quit and give my kingdom to Dank, he hasnt cheated at all, long as he doesnt have a kingdom to begin with.

I could be wrong, in which case Ill just use the "BCart doesnt enforce it therefore its not really a rule, is it?" card.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    "Account Managing:

You are only allowed to create one account per person. Account sharing or exchanging is not allowed. As the owner of the account you must be the only one that logs into it. You may not get another person to watch over your account. Deleting and remaking an account to get on a certain sector is not allowed. The use of login scripts is prohibited, a human must always be the one logging in and managing the account. Any violations of the account managing will result in immediate termination of the account(s) involved."
  • Sharing and exchanging both imply two kingdoms, dual ownership. Neither apply to gifting.
  • Not this again.
  • its not an exchange its a gift, exchange means you receive something in return. ZZZZZZ all old this convo Zeal is just trolling for biters
  • edited October 2012
    Sharing and exchanging both imply two kingdoms, dual ownership. Neither apply to gifting.
    It has so much potential to be abused that it should be KT-able upon sight. The rules imply that whoever made the kingdom has to be the only one logging in. Giving it away breaks those rules, gift or not.
  • Exchanging doesn't mean you have to give something to receive something.

It's against the rules.
  • who gives a fuck, everybody cheats
  • Noun:
    An act of giving one thing and receiving another (esp. of the same type or value) in return.
    Verb:
    Give something and receive something of the same kind in return.
  • There are only two types of people that think this is ok:
    1. People that want to manipulate words to make it seem "legit" aka the lawyers, slimy scoundrels of society.
    2. People that honestly think Bcart intentionally left out things like "gifting" because it's ok, aka the dumbasses.
  • Great success!
  • There are only two types of people that think this is ok:
    1. People that want to manipulate words to make it seem "legit" aka the lawyers, slimy scoundrels of society.
    2. People that honestly think Bcart intentionally left out things like "gifting" because it's ok, aka the dumbasses.
  • If an AL finds out a KD has changed owners, but its beneficial to them and their alliance they wont KT.

If it doesnt benefit them, they will wana KT.

Its as simple as that, and if anyone says they wouldnt look the other way if it benefitted them, they're a liar.

• Great success!
    I've defended ppl and killed ppl over this... Depends on circumstance tbh.
  • Stupid rule, silly to enforce it. Wait, on the other hand, I don't know anyone anymore so I doubt someone will give me an account ... hmmm ... yeah, we should KT people for it, definetly cheating, this round at least.
  • Stupid rule, silly to enforce it. Wait, on the other hand, I don't know anyone anymore so I doubt someone will give me an account ... hmmm ... yeah, we should KT people for it, definetly cheating, this round at least.
    On a serious note, this is the mentality of most Sk players and i dont blame them. Who the fuck wants to police a game?
  • It's cheating if it doesn't benefit you.

That also applies to most other "rules".
    On a serious note, this is the mentality of most Sk players and i dont blame them. Who the fuck wants to police a game?

if i can use the power to blackmail girls and make them do stuff...
  • edited October 2012
    Or you can just find a freak nymph n go hard..

But I consider a few things when looking at "gifting" cases.

1. Has said player broken rules already in said round?
    2. Has said player been caught with multis beyond a reasonable doubt ever?
    3. Access potential threat lvl of player vs my alliance.

From there I make a decision... I watched lovsy take over an account or someone take over a lovsy account, sent a message " Build defense and stay outta my alliance or ill post you" a week later he had a top offense and started rolling tops so we farmed him :P

So IMO if your gonna take over a account, I suggest you turtle and behave otherwise your likely to be killed. As starting a kd that's already built on is an advantage to top builders most of the time.
  • Here is my only rule, if you are taking over a top 50 account, it has to be from a known player who was known to play that account. Basically prove that it wasn't a multi/back up that you had since beggining of the round with burden of proof lying on the account taker. If you can show with certainty that another legitimate owner held that account but just didnt want to play, knock yourself out, the game needs players.
  • at least quote the right shit bold
    "Account Managing:

You are only allowed to create one account per person. Account sharing or exchanging is not allowed. As the owner of the account you must be the only one that logs into it. You may not get another person to watch over your account.
    "
    bold line would indicate it is allowed, however the underlined italic ones for me include gifting: your having another person watch over your account/kingdom untill round ends......

also interesting:
    Deleting and remaking an account to get on a certain sector is not allowed.
    i hereby want to KT anyone who recreates pre-round or midround to land elsewhere

• edited October 2012
    ok let me go ahead and state the obvious for whatever morons out there that think this is acceptable.

1. Sk rules wording doesnt even fucking matter considers half the rules are player made and the half havent been updated in 12 years.

2. You didnt build the account, and most likely arent willing to start at 250 like a real man.

3. any1 that does this or is found out, should be uni ktd for account sharing.
    Btw it is sharing even if you pass it off. you still SHARED the account.

4. For the most part the pfts are fine, but for all the pricks out there i went ahead and copied the defintion of sharing straight from webster so you cant argue that it wasnt "shared".

1    [shair] Show IPA noun, verb, shared, shar·ing.
    noun
    the full or proper portion or part allotted or belonging to OR CONTRIBUTED or owed by an individual or group.
  • You are an angry man k1lla, chill out haha
  • Honestly, its cheating. But it is part of that grey area...so I guess if you do it you can always have a reason for it.
  • The only rules that are legitimate on starkingdoms are player made rules. Whatever Bcart wrote is up to him to enforce, and since he doesn't, its null and void. Since players enforce all of the rules, they pretty much decide what is legit and what isn't. Quoting what the admit wrote a million years ago and even then hasn't enforced is a waste of breath.

So, I agree with Lews, its a grey area and by that he means if someone has the power to kill you for it and is willing to do so, then its cheating. If they don't, then its not. So exchange accounts at your own risk.
  • Next time I play, I'm going to "gift" my account to someone each night before I go to bed, then have it "gifted" back to me when I wake up. We won't be sharing the account, just "gifting" it back and forth, right?
  • If that's not possible, I'll just make a top 10 kd and "gift" it to someone after they get kted from pissing someone off, so they can continue to piss said person off.