Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-=NFL=- (cause the NHL is locked out)

edited September 2012 in General
First off: Id like to congratulate Russ Wilson on being the first QB to ever throw a game-winning interception.

Comments

• Many a game winning interceptions have been thrown... this one just happened to win it for his team. CLARITY Zeal
  • This call, despite it's impact, is not even in the top 10 of worst calls made by the refs this weekend. I think after watching 700 replays people are blowing the misjudgement by the refs out of proportion. On the other side, though, the fact that there are probably a dozen calls/items these officials have fucked up more or shown more incompetence is bleeding the integrity of this game dry.
  • Side Note: I think I could quaterback the Seahawks... cant be too hard to hand off to Lynch all day. Really, Wilson was 5/10 for 70 yards going into the 4th.
  • The problem with the call was that it was ruled simultaneous possession on the field. If the call had been incomplete, the replay would have upheld that.
  • When you have 8 sacks in the first half, does any team need to throw the ball?
  • The problem with the call was that it was ruled simultaneous possession on the field. If the call had been incomplete, the replay would have upheld that.
    I'm not saying it was a good call. I'm just saying, in real time that's a hard call to make no matter who you are. I took a screen shot of all 4 hands being on the ball before Jennings even lands on the ground (I'll find it). I know people argue Jennings corralled it into his chest but I couldn't find a piece of the play where Tate didn't have the ball in two hands by that point.

I think replay could have overturned it, but the NFL will never admit that. Just like replay could have also been considered inconclusive, and the media world after blowing up with this 'final straw' will never admit to.

Watch the replay (in regular speed and slow mo) yourselves and try to be definitive. Don't listen to these blowhards on the radio or the NFL.
  • Here's where I eyeballed simultaneous possession. Where there's further complication is in the fact that while Jennings, prior to Tate's right hand, had two hands on the ball, he flipped it (end over end) bringing it toward his chest. Watch it real time, that ball is not a static object:

• Im not an NfL fan, seems i picked a good year to start watching though :D
  • NFL reps screw up every single game. The news is hard up to talk about anything other than news.
  • Many a game winning interceptions have been thrown... this one just happened to win it for his team. CLARITY Zeal
    Depends how you take it I guess. I spose i coulf edit that to say touchception.

• I thought it was a good call. Guys must just be mad.
  • I'll watch NFL again when the Scabs are gone. Go NCAA Football! #HailState
  • edited September 2012
    I thought it was a good call. Guys must just be mad.
    He caught the football in the endzone. I see worse calls everytime I watch a game. Greenbay is upset cuz they suck. The news loved it... omg we got a new tweet it says ripped off thanks NFL.

LOL. Come to Lucas Oil Stadium for act II and we'll give ya something else to cry about. No crying in football cheese heads. Sorry you lost to the SeaHawks, rofl.

• Green Bay should be upset because of the other 3 blown calls on the play. Whether it was an interception or a catch was close enough to not be too upsetting if the call goes either way. (I watched the last 10 minutes of the game as I went by to check the scores and noted the close game.)
  • edited September 2012
    In the NBA the refs will set the tempo and allow people to play a tight game with no fouls or just let it ride. For whatever reason when you get a bunch of 300 pounders on the field from GreenBay people get all emo. Just saying! NHL they just beat the crap out of each other, NBA same, MLB of course. Greenbay wah boo hoo national media circus. That call didn't destroy the NFL get over it. Media is on crack and people lap it up. I hope they tell everyone their hair is on fire tomorrow. Hair spontaneously combusting, news at 11.
  • Again, that call was correct, it WAS simultaneous possession. It was the phantom roughing the passer that shouldn't have been and the TWO offensive pass interference calls that should have been that cost Green Bay the game.
  • haha american sport

be better watching fat kids chow down cake
  • If Jennings had batted the ball down, like every person who has ever played the game has been told to do on a hail mary, instead of trying to pad his stats... This would be a non-issue.

And if I remember correctly there were a few questionable calls against the Seahawks on the Packers touchdown drive. A holding penalty on 3rd down that wasn't... A PI on another 3rd down that shouldn't have been called. Let's face it these scabs suck ass, but you forget about the previous play and move on. And again if Jennings had done what he was supposed to, they don't put their fate in the hands of the Zebras.
  • I saw a great picture, cant find the link. NFL fans crying about bad refs and the text says "Bad reffing hey? That sucks." and shows a locked out NHL arena hahaha

Also: theres a new gamemode in NHL13, Be-A-Commissioner. You play as Gary Bettman and break the disc so nobody can play.
  • edited September 2012
    If Jennings had batted the ball down, like every person who has ever played the game has been told to do on a hail mary, instead of trying to pad his stats... This would be a non-issue.
    Well said. That's a big fat dose of reality right there.
    And if I remember correctly there were a few questionable calls against the Seahawks on the Packers touchdown drive. A holding penalty on 3rd down that wasn't... A PI on another 3rd down that shouldn't have been called. Let's face it these scabs suck ass, but you forget about the previous play and move on. And again if Jennings had done what he was supposed to, they don't put their fate in the hands of the Zebras.
    The news is nothing but opinions these days so they were all over this. If you were a commentator they'd probably fire you for telling the truth. It all translates to ratings for the next game. Bad press better than no press is definitely in play here.
  • We're way better than the SeaHawks. Most people didn't even know that Seatle had an NFL team.
  • Well, I have yet to see a "wow" fact from Wilson, but obviously rookie QBs in the NFL is on the rise and he's got a much better team around him than anyone seems to want to credit Seattle with. That defense is top 5 in the NFC and Marshawn Lynch obviously is a beast. If Aaron Rodgers doesn't get out of his funk it Seattle could easily be considered a better football team.
  • The NFL reached an agreement with the NFL Referees Association on Wednesday night to end the lockout, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the refs will be back on the field starting Thursday night.
  • Damn that sucks for the Packers, no one to blame their shittyness on now... Poor guys.
  • That's good news but I was kinda hoping we could see a game where all they did was take a knee lol

(hahahaha)

So I am a die hard Seahawks fan, born and raised. I personally believe that as far as the catch goes, the call was correct. But there was the offensive pass interference call before that which should have negated everything. My hawks got away with one. Normally I would feel bad about something like this, but the only team I hate more then Green Bay is the Steelers. With that being said, I finally know what its like to be a Steelers fan
  • Normally I would feel bad about something like this, but the only team I hate more then Green Bay is the Steelers. With that being said, I finally know what its like to be a Steelers fan
    I agree with what you said and wanted to see if you would consider hating New England as well.
  • LOL Greenbay. 30-27 Colts FTW. Secret saboteur Jeff Saturday owned you.
  • edited October 2012
    Ahem...

Lets go rams

And don't worry danky poo. Everyone knows greenbay beat Seattle.