Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Created 250 land kingdoms

edited January 2012 in Suggestions
Thoughts?

Comments

• PROs
    -More land for all, less likely newer players will be hit as they are generally bad hits anyway, but if you're starved you'll take what you can get
    -Newer players will be less likely to hit out of their reach, as often times they think going open is better than not hitting

Im sure there are more. Im all for it :)
  • How many people in the last few days can say theyv
    A. lost interest due to there being no land or banks
    B. Rage quit for the same reason.

Ive said it for a while a newbie script would do nothing but encourage activity and provide food for the server which in turn would make the majority of peoples KDs better and inturn would make for better wars and better fights in general
  • They would need to come out at random times during the hour for it to avoid them just being more land for the top tick hitters.
  • well thats impossible modgy, we are talkin for real here
  • Just set them on a random protection time. Some will come out at the 72hrs, others 60, 85,15. So you cant track them, and its completely random.
  • I'd say random exiting times is about as likely as the dummy KDs being created in the first place.
  • Just set them on a random protection time. Some will come out at the 72hrs, others 60, 85,15. So you cant track them, and its completely random.
    Have them be out of newbie when created, problem solved.
  • You're all forgetting that BCart doesn't want us farming inactives, he wants us grabbing each other.
  • I'm all for that, too bad too many people can't take a hit. Almost every suicider is someone getting butthurt over a hit.

• edited January 2012
    I think that's a bad idea. This should be a game that people play and I have seen this done in sk clones before and it just looks and feels cheap.

Just because there is a way to play that is quite efficient and people are used to (largely a result of cheap tactics like making dozens of accounts for themselves or feeding off other people's multis) doesn't mean it is the way the game should be played or it's the only way to play, or even the most fun way to play. If there are not many new accounts coming into games people just need to adapt and play a different way. It would be far more interesting than the current state anyway.
  • The problem is, the majority of the players now are either so used to inactives, or are newbies that need them to stand a chance, that if this game turned into a slugfest between players, many would leave.
  • Make it so that anyone over a certain land can't attack them. Make it 500 land for the first 2 weeks then switch it to 2,000 and let the big KDs look for their hits. Helps us out of newbie and new, late, or KDs that remade able to build a descent defense before being raped by the mid size KDs.
    Hehe well if they've already created a 'descent' defense, then they probably have already been raped.

• lets be realistic here it will have to be a player made script to pull it off so most the suggestions will never happen
    atm there is a small amount of newbs being made but ive looked at them for years and im adament that they are being created by cart himself (atleast some of them are) up until the very last day of the round there is 250 land kds popping.
    if anyone was to do it then they would just have to use it for the first two weeks of the round then shut it down. after that we can all hit one another and anyone new who signs up can hit the ones that are still poppin every other tick or so till round end
  • I agree with crash. Just because the inac hitting has been one of the best and most dominant ways to play the early game, doesn't mean the game should be designed around it. If inac hitting starts becoming ineffectual then the players should have to adapt, not turn to cheating to make it so one strategy keeps working. The offensive/defensive balance in the early game might actually start to mean more.
  • People are only thinking about decent players in this topic...as usual, like SB's post above about players adapting and the offensive/def balance meaning more...for new players SK is unforgiving for the first week out of newbie...if they cant tick hit they are fucked...if they hit actives and send a few tanks out they are fucked.

Think about new players...they signup want some free land but inactives are LITERALLY (and i mean literally) dead within seconds because of the tick hitters.

There is hardly enough land for the tick hitters so imagine new players trying the game out. They are forced to either not hit or explore and both those methods make SK even less than boring.

Dumping random 250 newbies into the universe would allow lots more people to actually make hits, especially newer people.

There is no disadvantage, after a while the top players will move onto hitting actives and the newbies will still be able to find land.

• ^ agree, i see nothing that would hurt SK from this. More players, more wars,more fun
  • i agree because blue is a calming colour right and we need more blue kingdoms coming into the game otherwise by around week 3 or 4 or maybe even week 5 we find that all the players are so over the game and just want to suicide or delete or do something like that but then they see a little blue kingdom just starting up and the blue calms the player into not doing anything silly and he keeps playing the game etc
  • Qwjvfiil is for the most part correct. The only thing about these created farmlands is that they need to be kept out of the sectors of active players to avoid screwing a sector over. Aside from that they are a great way to help the less active players competing in the game early on. The better players and the cheaters already know how to get the good land early on so it doesn't effect them and would hopefully give them more competition.
  • As far as making an external script that does it, not hard to do but it would be better regulated by BCart himself. I just don't see him ever doing something like that.
  • Tick hitting is fun thou, you just need enough so that they're not dead within 5 seconds of leaving newbie.
  • so much reading, hard to say which is overall better, as of now I will agree that it would be nice if cart had some consistently popping out, randomly, and not in active sectors.. but then i see where there is the need for new players and old to adapt to not having the same advantage of tons of newbies to feed on.
  • Nim, without that advantage, new players simply cant get themselves land haha, newbies are dead within a minute...not just down to like 80 land, fully dead.

Good idea bean but as we say @BCartfall will never do it so a player script would have to meaning the sectors would be random. I still think the advantages far outweigh that one downside.
  • I definitely agree with you on that one, it is a must to begin this :)
  • Give me a few days, bringing fixing up the add-on first.
  • All it would take is a flying pig with monkeys coming out it's ass in a frozen over hell.
  • The problem with SK as it is, is that currently even non-inactives that leave newbiemode get grabbed 5-10 times. They exit with 400 land and 40k NW (typical of someone that doesn't understand the game yet), and 10-15 people take their SoK at tick and grab for 40 land even if the player is on 500-700 tanks defense. There is one kingdom currently who left newbiemode with 400 land and 1400 LT's, and got grabbed 6 times.

It's unfair, is driving away new players, and a newbie script would fix this completely. The best players will always be on top, no matter what hits or robs are out there, so saying this will benefit the top KD's most is absurd. We can adapt to circumstances and grow just as well. It's the newbies that can not, and suffer as a result.
  • Hmm, thats a good point persona. i actually didnt agree till i read that
  • The problem with SK as it is, is that currently even non-inactives that leave newbiemode get grabbed 5-10 times. They exit with 400 land and 40k NW (typical of someone that doesn't understand the game yet), and 10-15 people take their SoK at tick and grab for 40 land even if the player is on 500-700 tanks defense. There is one kingdom currently who left newbiemode with 400 land and 1400 LT's, and got grabbed 6 times.

It's unfair, is driving away new players, and a newbie script would fix this completely. The best players will always be on top, no matter what hits or robs are out there, so saying this will benefit the top KD's most is absurd. We can adapt to circumstances and grow just as well. It's the newbies that can not, and suffer as a result.
    This is the best argument out there and completely justifies the point.
  • maybe s2 should implement this sys... OH WAIT
  • I think it'd be better for the game overall to implement "NPC" kingdoms in each sector, that are unique to the person looking at them. They'd scale with an individual's kingdom size: they'd give significant loot at lower land amounts, but very little later on.

For example, if you were 400 land, they'd be a weak pirate planet that would net you 50 land for attacking, as well as some money, etc. If you were an 8000 land kingdom, you'd only gain, say, 200 land for a hit(less than anything in your bash range). To balance that, you'd only be able to attack them with 3 warleaders or more. This gives smaller kingdoms something to hit reliably early on to grow a bit, while preventing huge kingdoms from farming easy land, and encouraging them to fight eachother instead. They'd also need some manner of defense relative to the attacking player's networth, to prevent uberturtles from benefitting.

Then, to encourage attacking either the NPC kingdoms or real players, kingdoms leaving newbiemode would still be unattackable until either A) they reach 500 land, or B) they aggressively attack/probe/missile another kingdom.