Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to be successful in SK by being a nobody?

edited May 2014 in General
If you're some unknown player minding your business, making fair grabs all round and having a solid knowledge base of how this game goes, can you finish with a top KD?

It seems the only people who finish as Rank 1 now are cheaters, people with friends, or cheaters with friends.

A prime example would be Jones / Jaedong this round. Without knowing much about it, Jones decided to train hit Jaedong for no apparent reason, other than to ruin his round.

Right now I wont be surprised if Meadows wins the round simply because of who she is, who she knows and how many pop farms she has brewing.

Thoughts?

-----

Posts such as "SK is too easy" are moot, troll all you want then move on. Thanks.

Comments

• I said I was sorry, jeeze...

But really, it is difficult to finish top 10 without friends also in the top 10. The problem is, people dont necessarily want to grab other players they have known for years, especially when there are people around they dont know. As such, the people "outside" the perceived group get hit more often and fall behind.

I for one, am very guilty of this. I don't like to hit people i talk to relatively frequently, and who i consider friends - and those people tend to not grab me (though, in my defense, I do usually have safe defence regardless of perceived nap network)

On the flipside of that, there are grudges that last for years, whereby some groups do whatever it takes to make sure the others dont win. IE- if one group tends to use multis on another or whatnot for a few rounds, those grudges dont usually go away. Even if a specific KD within the group of friends had nothing to do with it, by association they are guilty. Trains are usually the result of these past slights on one or many of the KDs involved, where people recruit some friends to pick apart some "enemies".

• I've made it a goal to no owe anything to any player in the game. I've gotten along with Arson, Holo, all of Source's officers, and other random people. However I've also kt'd, war'd, and left them all once or twice before. I play the game like every other game neutral and fair.

Now from what I've notice, no it won't ever happen. In the past every time I broke past top 20 I'd get railed by whoever was on top at the time or kt'd in a war randomly. Right now I'm sitting in the top 10 and I've received 2 hits within the past 2 days by people with less defense or around the same as mine. I expect to be eventually be hit out of the top 10 by the end of the game.

However to be honest my Kingdom is utter garbage I built half ass. If I turtled in more maybe I could have dodged the anti turtles. Maybe if I didn't grab anyone well connected I wouldn't have people SOKing me every other hour. I guess there's a slim chance if you're already far ahead, but with the amount of people playing now to control offense it's unlikely.
  • edited May 2014
    I'd say its actually harder to be successful as a somebody.

When I hid the Secret round and told nobody of my location, nobody fucked with me, no probes, no robs, no arsons, no multis raping me constantly, people who are 'somebodies' cleared out the top 25 kds over the course of the round. An example of this would be Master Yi's KD the entire round last round, who had remained generally untouched until we grabbed him down out of simply not knowing who he was and the risk of him being a sleeper scouser.

If you're a somebody and you're doing well and identified, youre going to take a ton more heat from cheaters early round, ATs mid-early round, or just randoms with a billion probes probefucking you to slow you down or an alliance KTing you. Theres no guaranteed way to take rank 1 as a single person, just ensuring someone in your group takes it is possible.

Meadows is the exception to this rule, because she somehow has the time and ability to maintain enough accounts that she cant really be killed & has the playerbase scared to mess with her. Jones & them would probably rape her every round if not for the fact that she can run a bot and make hundreds of KDs easily.
  • Lol sleeper scouser
  • I suck all the time
  • The only way an unknown finishes at the top is if the rest of the top players/multi/cheaters die off. Nobody seems to care about scores anymore, it's all about keeping everyone else out of the top. Most of the uni can/will multi rape anyone that gets in their way, or any random person for that matter. I've approached the top 10 in the past and gotten rolled out for grabbing the wrong person. It's all about who notices you and whether or not they want to let you slip through the cracks. With DW the way it is, nobody trying for a top spot will ever make it. Someone will always be there to AT your KD and elimate you as a threat.
  • Jesus tits look at that blob of shit
  • Sk is and always has been a social game. Who u know can make securing a spot in the top much easier. If flazer wasn't an old friend of mine GoM rd he woulda got ate like Darius did. That being said get in the right alliance be a halfway decent player u can easily make top 10
  • Unless they inter alliance train you :D
  • Meadows is the exception to this rule, because she somehow has the time and ability to maintain enough accounts that she cant really be killed & has the playerbase scared to mess with her. Jones & them would probably rape her every round if not for the fact that she can run a bot and make hundreds of KDs easily.
    Oh don't be silly. I get killed plenty of times. I don't particularly aim to be at the top, though. Honestly, being rank 1 is more of a burden than anything.

And it's true, Jones has consistently outbuilt my kds round after round when we're both playing, I can't deny that. And as far as the bot thing goes, that was just a drastic measure to solve a cry for help.
  • i feel like meadows really just wants somebody to be her friend
  • someone, anyone :(
  • Meadows is the exception to this rule, because she somehow has the time and ability to maintain enough accounts that she cant really be killed & has the playerbase scared to mess with her. Jones & them would probably rape her every round if not for the fact that she can run a bot and make hundreds of KDs easily.
    Oh don't be silly. I get killed plenty of times. I don't particularly aim to be at the top, though. Honestly, being rank 1 is more of a burden than anything.

And it's true, Jones has consistently outbuilt my kds round after round when we're both playing, I can't deny that. And as far as the bot thing goes, that was just a drastic measure to solve a cry for help.
    The fact that you have access to something like that makes you not worth pissing off directly.

If you hadnt forced me to abandon R/R last round, I probably wouldve won pretty easily. Thats the kind of thing that gives you an extra immunity over someone like flazer, who still has to lick some cock to not get trained and cant justify being top through individual merit
  • I 100% believe its who you know, darius you have a hard time because you piss people off so they search you out to hit you. Meadows could openly say who she is and most wouldnt fuck with her because she is likeable and has friends. Without knowing people bigger people will just smash you or build to hit you.
  • I 100% believe its who you know, darius you have a hard time because you piss people off so they search you out to hit you. Meadows could openly say who she is and most wouldnt fuck with her because she is likeable and has friends. Without knowing people bigger people will just smash you or build to hit you.
    Have you always gone FLAMES? I feel like I've played with someone by that name years ago
  • If you're some unknown player minding your business, making fair grabs all round and having a solid knowledge base of how this game goes, can you finish with a top KD?

It seems the only people who finish as Rank 1 now are cheaters, people with friends, or cheaters with friends.

A prime example would be Jones / Jaedong this round. Without knowing much about it, Jones decided to train hit Jaedong for no apparent reason, other than to ruin his round.

Right now I wont be surprised if Meadows wins the round simply because of who she is, who she knows and how many pop farms she has brewing.

Thoughts?

-----

Posts such as "SK is too easy" are moot, troll all you want then move on. Thanks.
    Jones trained me because of past rounds. Ignore what they say most of the time, but I need only say my name and I'll be getting news from all kinds of kds, legit and not so legit. They hold grudes as much as me, because it's drama and thats entertaining.

What makes you successful in this game? You don't need to archive, I've archived like three times in the history of sk. Everyone has their own opinions and their own objectives, which they would consider a successful round. Top honor, hall of fame, number one sector, kd, alliance, ruining or killing off a kd.

Take my round for example as Jaedong, I was top 3 for most of the round (someone from 1:13 can post my hit list if they want for land gains) I laughed at being kt'd in the first war. I got props for my kd and then because a KT, I revealed myself. And this is where the multi's come in. I got rolled by DWs in my own alliance + Daenerys because they dislike me from previous rounds as I said, when I thought my only enemy was meadows (really jones) I was prepared to semi suicide break Daenerys as most of the big hitters were in TD. I decided to bring down Jones and Sky with me with the help of those I enjoy playing with. Not all of them are top players, but they give what they can. That's as far as social it will go for me.

I consider my round in the middle because it was up and down, I don't really care what happens at the end of the day aslong as there is some drama, alliance hitting is lowball, but whatever. I think alliances are pointless in this state, you just expect others to honor them.

I enjoy sk for everything it is, even though it's in a bad state. Just meet your objectives for playing this shit haha.

• I have/have had killed damn near all of you, and I'm a nobody.

/thread.
  • Define success and nobody
  • edited May 2014
    Some play for self and do anything for notoriety.
    Some play for the fun & the social/community aspect.
    If you are the latter... it's nigh on impossible to gain a top position.
    Same as RL

• Define success and nobody
  • I'm a Nobody and I like it, I play for fun tho not for scores. :)
    The same thing will always happen to barricade too, who is a pretty reasonable player and person all around. Just because you want the reason to be something doesnt make it true, I know whats coming for me every time, so I have fun baiting it. Youre a fool if you think thats the case, and every time you post you just seem more tryhardy and pathetic to me these days. Please stop giving me your opinion, I coudlnt give a shit and youre always wrong.

• Chumps mean nothing and every round will always be the same if the scousers play/ thread
  • edited May 2014
  • I define success as forgetting about this game and going on with your lives.

We're all failures in this aspect.
  • At least you are good at something, you have the worst accent in the country.
  • At least you are good at something, you have the worst accent in the country.
    At least you are good at something, you have the worst accent in the country.
    ill actually give you a reply to this one mate for a change, simply because its more herpy derp than usual. Scousers are "atleast" good at something? i have no idea where you are from but i can guarantee it doesnt even compare anything close to my great city. More European cups from my team than all of the London clubs combined and the home of the Beatles.

Now do yourself a favor and never try to communicate with me ever again, adorable little chump change chicken head. Bye bye
  • Wow Lynog you play for Liverpool?
  • Take your sports talk to another thread, no one cares about Soccer.
  • The sports team you cheer for sucks. The music you listen to is horrible. And the school you went to is a joke.

You = everyone reading