Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make Oceanic fun

edited February 2014 in Suggestions
give it -100% building costs

Comments

• Hahaha seriously oceanic is dreadful
  • It doesn't seem fair that some PTs are so bad. It's certainly more boring.
  • Went to check oceanic on round changes...saw DW's -95% dragoon cost....bursted with laughter....
  • It's honestly the most useless pt. Both bonuses need improving
  • There really is pretty much no reason to ever pick oceanic over terra form right now.
  • 20% defense....75% reduced build cost...100% more research required....
  • 20% defense....75% reduced build cost...100% more research required....
    lol no top player will ever play it.
  • When was the last time oceanic was even changed? I don't think it has been updated in many many years (like 5+)
    20% defense....75% reduced build cost...100% more research required....
    lol no top player will ever play it.

But newbies can screw their kingdoms at start and still achieve safe defense
  • I mean, make a probe oriented oceanic and you wont even have to bother with money bonus
  • When was the last time oceanic was even changed? I don't think it has been updated in many many years (like 5+)
    If it has, it has gone unnoticed xD
  • Give Oceanic 30% Defensive bonus, Make LTs worth 5 DFP, Research 10% extra on all
  • This game is so unbalanced hence lack of fun and lack of players
    >:D<
  • This thread will cause the defense bonus to be removed entirely.
    game can be fun, lack of balance was there during the thousands of players days its zeals multis that ruined the game.
    This thread will cause the defense bonus to be removed entirely.
  • zeals multis that ruined the game.
  • zeals multis that ruined the game.
  • edited March 2014
    +15% defense, +15% research needed, + 15% rax space

just that. OP for a round, then adjust as necessarily.

I'd rather have all PTs slightly OP in a direction than all PTs balanced and boring. This at least would provide lots of different playing styles.

After all +15% rax space is about the same as +20% pop if you were to use res as rax.
  • I'd rather have all PTs slightly OP in a direction than all PTs balanced and boring. This at least would provide lots of different playing styles. .
    I think we ventured in this line of thought before, and came to the conclusion its too much effort for bcart...

But it would be really nice if planets have more distinctive and exclusive roles in the universe
  • I think Rmag is on to something (that is never going to happen)
  • I think Rmag is on to something (that is never going to happen)

• no it will happen next round
  • edited March 2014
    At the very least Oceanic should offset any bonus that Desert Wasteland has. It should be the exact opposite. I am a turtle. I'm a fan of turtles, and this game has been geared to jack boot turtles in the face far too long. Let us have a chance once again.
  • edited March 2014
    I hadn't played in like 30 games and just picked Oceanic randomly since I used to like having the defensive bonus for wars.

Anyways, it's my fault for not looking at the bonuses before signing up but it seems terrible. Assuming the planet tables are up to date I can't imagine any reason anyone would intentionally take it. This also explains how I got hit by a DW who didn't even bother spying on me first when I had everything home a few days ago.

It's a shame, LD defense with a Tank/TF offense on oceanic used to be my favorite build. You could use all tanks and overextend to make big hits but then hold all tanks home when you were targeted in a war. Good flexibility.
  • You were the best oceanic builder so that speaks volumes.