Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darius = Light 1:9

Comments

• If you max RWCE... gotta buy a warpgate to maximize it. Though, without it maxed youcan accomplish same thing with a warp gate. The one round where I held land lead for 10 days, I had RWCE maxed 7h aftrr newbie... just in time for my second wave of inactive grabs and I convinced the sector to buy Wargate right before newbie ended. That would be the optimal way to accomplish same thing or to better it.
  • For return times, yes, but you'd have nowhere near as strong of research as our Terra's had.
  • You can have nanos, solars, AND warpgate. Its easily affordable right before newbie ends. And Cam your returns will never match mine. If I have RWCE maxed 7h after newbie... youre fucked as far as grabbing. I was getting 6h return on the other 3 sets of grabs. I was making my 5th set when no one else had completed their 3rd.
  • as ftb says, manage 21% more land than rank 2 and you have the edge with mysti
  • Thats the god strat? Lol

Tell me ur kidding

• I remember the stats you posted, you didnt have soldiers at exit
  • Youre right. Hence why I only had land lead for 10 days. Plus Im not that great of a builder. I always campaign for a warpgate at newbie end. PNES (Pie's Newbie Exit Strategy) I usually dont win...
  • When mysti had 5hr returns that strat was viable

I liked the mysticides
  • edited January 2014
    The main problem is, in order to have enough Sci.. you have to be very heavy sms all the way through newbie. And then.. in order to keep up your land lead you have to keep res/rax up. Thereby keeping pfs low still. And without probes you fall off. Hitting inactive for the first week you can make up for the probe loss... but it catches up with you. Misty not needing more than 3-5% pps helps... just not enough.
  • i would be number 1 right now if i didnt have 'random' suicides on me and arsons - FACT
  • I would be #1 if everyone ranked above me didnt cheat so bad.
  • I would be rank 1 if it was ranked on sexiness.
  • if u tick hit inacs on mysti on a normal rd it'd pretty be unbeatable

except no one can be that active
  • Max robs, considering an inactive filled universe, cap out at what, 12k probes? So the strat that gets you there the highest while still being safe is the best, imo.

I've never run a high-sci, high-probe and safe def newbie kd. Not sure its a reality, really.
  • The main problem is, in order to have enough Sci.. you have to be very heavy sms all the way through newbie. And then.. in order to keep up your land lead you have to keep res/rax up. Thereby keeping pfs low still. And without probes you fall off. Hitting inactive for the first week you can make up for the probe loss... but it catches up with you. Misty not needing more than 3-5% pps helps... just not enough.
    Thats why you convert SMs out of noob, your income takes a temporary hit but you should be sustained by the mili you have easy, and you dont need to build scis since they're already made. You only need resis and the rax are easy out of noob because everyones mili is so small for their size/growth
    Except because you pushed so many Scis you cant afford to convert because now you need defense. And you dont worry about probe income because hitting inactives every 6h gives you more money than you can spend. Plus... Im probably the shittiest robber out there. Think of me as the Anti-Lynog in that aspect. Although I dont have fat ankles so... Im Anti-Lynog that way too.
  • U cant have it all i sacrifice safe def cos u rly dont need it

U can mask nw with uber amount of scis
  • No. Because you are #1 land, EVERYONE FUCKING PROBES YOU!!
  • edited January 2014
    Lol Wow to this thread nothing changes round here. :P

Heya Jonesy still playing you scouser nub you must have retired 100 times by now still addicted you sad bastard :)

I played this game for almost 11 years and I've never heard of you Darius you sure do sound like Seph with the size of that ego. He had a god strat like you and I'm sure a few people in this forum can tell you how that worked out for him.

Let me give you one word of advice just play your game, lose the ego and give credit to your competition when due. You may be able to mathematically produce god kingdoms as you call them but the reality to this game is that its also based around social aspects, politics, in game tactics and alliances with others to truly be the best player of the round and you from what I just read lately around these forums desperately lack these qualities. Because once you have a certain reputation no matter how well you build kingdoms you will be fucked with every round. An example one of my best SK mates on this game Lance one of the elite kingdom builders I ever played never actually won a round because he failed hard at the social aspect of the game and was killed pretty much every round he played because he didn't give a fuck for anyone else's rules. :)

My point is results speak and you have none yet you say your the best? Point me to a single archive finish in the top 10 on this game? No one remembers some kingdom that was #1 a few weeks into the game but reputations are built on consistent results over long times and guess what archive finishes do at the end of the day show the accomplishments of your playing ability and you have none to show. Once you do then just maybe you may have some logical grounds to claim your the best but until then your just a decent kingdom builder with a huge mouth that is making an idiot of himself.

Anyway stop the debate Jonesy is the best kingdom builder still around here on SK still playing hands down he was one if the best even during the prime competition days and I'm not even sure his care factor now would even be close to what it used to be when there was real competition and we were never on the same side so I say this out of respect but he was always for me one of the standards to match back on S1.

• edited January 2014
    TankWolf coming in with the voice of reason!
    But then again, Sephiroth did have the most archived top kds (as proven by Dank above) even though he might've had a huge ego and sucked at the social aspect of the game. A lot of the "skill" on SK has to do with your dedication to the game and the amount of time you are willing to spend on it (which seems to actually go in Darius's advantage). Every top player I've heard of has always spoke about how they had these weird sleeping schedules like that polyphasic sleep bs or at best, had automated scripts or friends logging in for them and spending their money while they sleep. I just find it hard to get how there's still ppl with this level of dedication to a nearly broken and barren game.
  • darius had a top kd on s2 like game 30 lol
  • in terms of raw numbers, sephiroths dedication to being #1 made him a competitor. He just lacked the grace to stay #1 by letting his ego over rule anything else.

Darius, read what Tankwolf said. He is one of the very few players that are tough competition.
  • i wish i played this round :(

now i don't even get to roll him.

the problem with darius' method is... apparently if everyone left him alone. he'd be rank 1 and the biggest kingdom in sk ever.

which is sad. when u can survive kt's. roll ppl, get sabo'd/arson'd and suicided on by multis and still make a rank 1 kingdom. then ur a good player.

all this optimize shit is like the basics of sk. every fkin sk player can do it. jones/tanknub/omni, everyone who builds big kingdoms does it. then life kicks in and u miss a few ticks here and there, and human error. but in the end, doesn't matter shit cuz lalalalalallalalala.

i miss ursu :(
  • I vote we kill walls.
  • Can we grab the bunny tail?
  • BTW darius if you want encouragement, be like tankwolf, the man who backstabs all his friends and breaks NAPs and caused sephiroth to quit SK in the first place
  • edited January 2014
    JonesL despite being popular and cherished around here is actually pretty tame in the pfs. He probably is one of the best builders but you wouldn't know that through his bragging. He's always behind the scenes I can't remember ever marking him or even looking for him. A mastermind perhaps but a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it.
  • edited January 2014
    BTW darius if you want encouragement, be like tankwolf, the man who backstabs all his friends and breaks NAPs and caused sephiroth to quit SK in the first place
    I remember Seph breaking a truce with Juxta and blind siding him the second he fell asleep to secure rank one.

I also invited Juxta to my alliance because you could move freely back then. It was to truce our alliances. He fell asleep and we killed him.
  • Considering how much Dank talks about Seph I'm pretty sure he has his name tattooed on his cock
    Nobody denies the guy could build, but the thing is with those kingdoms is that 90% probably never used any of those TFs as they wer used for endgaming (back then you could build them without having the ASBs)

If he played recent rounds the outcome would be a lot different.

Nice doc though, good to see those soks...some surprising builds.
  • he built a total of 170k fighters. i have some catching up to do.