Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official League of Legends Thread (Starcraft is for silly asians)

Comments

• I'm getting better. I won like 15 games in a row, lots with level 30 friends so I've been competing against level 30's. Now in solo queue I quite normally go against people 5+levels above me, sometimes all level 30s. (the elo system wants to punish me lol) And I'm doing fairly well.

I still lack runes big time though and that's a huge disadvantage but they're so damn expensive.

I figured out the big reason why I sucked. Don't die. Especially within the first 10 levels. Farm and play more conservatively and last hit. This has improved my game tremendously. Before I just did AD carries and played way too aggressively and died a lot.

I just lost a match where all my teammates died a bunch but I ended 2/0/1 by the surrender time (86 minions slain compared to everyone else of 40-50 including enemy team). I was perfectly fine with that because I was against a Karth mid and completely took him out of the picture the way I handled him. Everyone else was like 4/6/1, 3/7/2 or something and they yelled at me for doing nothing (but in the same breath complained how fed yi was). It's evidence I'm getting to be a much better player because I'm aware that I didn't do badly at all.

I think without a good rune set I'm more of a liability still, and that I'm still improving (and only level 22 anyways). I'll reach 30 soon and would love to group up.
  • So far I have the following for our ranked team.

Tyrsis
    Lux
    Mal (when he reaches 30)

• MalMal
    edited December 2011
    Conana is on my friends list from sk. He's at level 30 too. I'm sure he's up for it. Oh and Kokashot is on as well.
  • Added. Currently level 23. Finals has slowed my climb. Once they're over I'll be level 30 in no time.
  • I will play pretty much anything that doesn't include jungle or healing.
  • Any Shen tips?

I'm coming off of Rammus to try him out. So far my rounds are coming out like 1/2/16, 2/4/22... The assists and all the saves I do mean i'm doing my job and all but unlike rammus it's very hard for me to get kills with shen. Chasing is also very hard. He's slow and only has that taunt dash to help. Overall he seems more supportish than rammus with a tradeoff in chasing and killing potentials. I like how the taunt is easier to get on someone, especially for initiations. But it last a lot less, which hampers where I've been excelling at. Right now I prefer the mobility of Rammus (escaping/chasing/overall getting places) but I can't argue against that shen ultimate lifesaver.

• Working on runes too and wanted to know if i'm doing this right. I'm setting up magic resistance with my glyphs and I really think that magic resist per level is better than the flat magic resist. My reasoning is because I notice that enemy AP attacks are actually quite weak at the beginning of the round and my way helps out better. (it becomes more of a bonus past level 10). Armor though I'm keeping at the flat since that initial armor is a HUGE advantage at the start.
  • Shen - shield, ageis, magic resis boots, fire cloak, abyssal, ryal

I have pure tank masteries and for runes just my basic crits, movement speed, cd reduction. As far as play I max blade first and depending either shield or taunt 2nd. I'm not sure how to describe my gameplay other then having you watch me. I use taunt a lot and try to keep my carries alive with it.
  • Probably because I main Rammus but I find Rammus much better. 3 second taunt is perfect in a laning situation. Shen has a better taunt in a team fight because it can hit multiples but it's near impossible to get more than say 2 or 3 hit with it and it lasts less time. In matches with higher skilled players taunt means so much more because they don't target tanks for the most part and try to go straight to carries.

For tanks I've been using this now:
    1. doran's shield
    2. aegis
    3. magic resistance boots
    4. firecloak
    5. warden's mail (switch if ap opponents)
    6. warmog's (switch if ap opponents)
    7. force of nature if needed
    8. upgrade warden's to ruindin

tanks definitely my favorite characters. It makes me smile when people yell "thanks for saving my ass!"

• I'll beat your rammus with my shen any day.
  • There's like four or five tanks our there. Shen, rammus, leona (blah), ammuu, allistar... and some decent offtanks. This game NEEDS new tanks. Honestly though this game needs more support champions.
    I'll beat your rammus with my shen any day.
    tank-off?

• I play a mean karma : p

Also yea we should que up and join a random match with us both going tank haha.
  • I play a mean karma : p

Also yea we should que up and join a random match with us both going tank haha.

Could you imagine a team fight with Shen initiating, taunting, and a rammus continuing the taunt, both dragging the player out?
  • We just both taunt the carries and laugh.
  • MalMal
    edited December 2011
    I call our combo "RAMEN!!!!" GET YOUR FORK READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• We will have more to come haha
  • I'm level 17 on EUW. anyone else here play there?
  • hows those jungles going guys

still fucked?
  • They changed some of it to take away the nerf a bit
  • it threw me off at first because the dragon kicked my ass the first time after the changes.
  • Since Rammus is once again a free champion this week I'm filled with sadness. I'm hoping he wont' get nerfed due to more people seeing how awesome he is. Anyways there are loads of sucky rammi right now so here's my current build for rammus:

Runes: flat armor, scaling magic resistence, armor penetration/crit, and health quins.
    Masteries: 23 armor (i think) and rest in utility.
    Item build:
    1. regrowth pendant
    2. sunfire stuff
    3. regular boots
    4. warmogs (upgrades 1)
    5. warden's mail
    6. swift boots (upgrades 3)
    7. thornmail/force of nature.

4/5/6 change. This allows an extra slot or two.
  • Damn Mal bump
  • Been playing lux a bit. I wreck.
  • Lux is so awesome. I just have like no champions because I've saved and used all my ip on runes.

Serioulsy though. It's like every other game I have at least one person who can't use Rammus's powerball right. They click on the player and scream "It's bugged!!!!"
  • He's a friendly fellow.
  • He sounds hardcore. But yea 1600 is when you escape elo hell. I just don't care enough to try hard day in and day out to get out of my 1300's.
  • God. That guy was so awesome. I wish I was like him and I could get all the ladies and be all sorts of cool as well and stuff.
  • laughing my ass off.

"Since I have now played this game for a good week I'm qualified enough to post about it. " LOL. qualified after 1 week. I bet even now you might think you understand the game a bit, but trust me, you don't.

This was meant to be a joke. I'm not understanding how you took that literally.
  • hes is obviously skilled in this matter,

furthermore dota 2 >>> LoL
  • Level 28 now. Currently owning mid with xerath. Can't wait for the wonders of elo hell.