Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

edited December 2013 in General
I think we need a hockey thread

Discuss.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    xCanucksx
  • I HURD DAT ATLANTA THRASHERS R DA BEST FRANCHISE!
  • xCansucksx
  • Let's Go Metropolitan Division!
  • Did you see Neal try to end Marchand's life? Hot damn that was one of the worst hits I've seen in a looong time...
  • Yeah Neal needed 8-10 games. Even though I have him in fantasy hockey I'm glad to see him out.

What Thornton said was no better that same game. Ugly stuff.
  • edited December 2013
    I agree, I also think Marchand had it coming... but that doesn't really mean it should have happened. Nobody should really be surprised, though.

Also..

• I do love my leafs. Wish they werent so banged banged up right now.
  • Let's Go Pens!
  • Let's Go Pens!
    Good for the pens and bhawks to have already gained so many fans after the 2008 expansion when both teams were introduced to the league.
  • Let's Go Pens!
    Good for the pens and bhawks to have already gained so many fans after the 2008 expansion when both teams were introduced to the league.
    Right? I thought the two new teams would struggle, but they have so many diehard fans already!

You know what's a fun game to play Cory? Ask a Hawk/Pens fan what they know about their teams history and listen to the planned monologue.
  • Let's Go Pens!
    Right? I thought the two new teams would struggle, but they have so many diehard fans already!

You know what's a fun game to play Cory? Ask a Hawk/Pens fan what they know about their teams history and listen to the planned monologue.
    I can tell you that if super mario didn't get sick and injured he would make the argument for "the great one" to be not as clear

I can also tell u the mario, jagr, francis trio was one of the best ever and the best team we ever had was the 93 team that actually didn't win the cup ;)
  • Sharks!!
    I like the sharks young guys. Their old dudes need to go play in the khl.
  • Thornton will always be a top notch guy, just an elite hockey player
  • They need to win big this year (at least go to the SCF) or they need to be dismantled.
  • How bout them Blackhawks
  • They should be all good with Crawford out for a bit. Ray emery did just fine last season behind that team.
  • Shared this on hangouts.
  • somebody plez explain why the east is pure garbage and the west is so damn hard
  • somebody plez explain why the east is pure garbage and the west is so damn hard
    West > East

They have won like 80% of the games they have played against the East. The east needs some lottery picks, but the oil (sorry zeal) and flames keep gobbling them up.
  • Past tense, I think. Their play has been solid lately, the few holes left aren't as glaring as they were at the start. Theyre playing like a .500 team now which is progress.

Agreed on west vs east though, west has more cup contenders imo, theyre bound to win more than the East in the long haul.
  • Gotta watch out for the blackhawks tho.
  • Lets go Blues
  • Lets go Blues
    That is a team I can get behind. When the playoffs come, I typically root for the team with then longest cup drought. I have a soft spot for blues fans and canucks fans, because us red wings fans have been there. Last year when the remaining 4 (and 5 before Chicago won game 7) teams in thr conference finals were the last four cup winners. What a drag.
  • Lets go Blues
    That is a team I can get behind. When the playoffs come, I typically root for the team with then longest cup drought. I have a soft spot for blues fans and canucks fans, because us red wings fans have been there. Last year when the remaining 4 (and 5 before Chicago won game 7) teams in thr conference finals were the last four cup winners. What a drag.
    The Blues are always competitive until the playoffs start...

• i'm a stars fan and its frustrating being a fairly good team but knowing you wont make the playoffs because fairly good isnt good enough
  • i'm a stars fan and its frustrating being a fairly good team but knowing you wont make the playoffs because fairly good isnt good enough
    The west is brutally hard, and will be for a few more years. I think once the East gets a couple new teams and there is 2 new whipping boys, the parity will sort itself out. It will also be nice to have a playoff format that at least has 8 teams in each division, even though the wild card system is still crap.

I am glad Tyler Seguin is doing well out in Dallas. He and Benn are a magical pairing.
  • whatd I miss? Hows calgary is going to do with burke at the helm?