Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone like to take photos?

edited November 2013 in General
So i've been taking photos for just over a year with my DSLR. I'm wondering if there are any other budding photographers around?

If so I will post some of my photos up and I hope that you will do the same.

Mods please do your job and ban troll posts.

Comments

• My sister does amateur photography on her own. She's been doing it for years now. If you want I can post her Facebook page for yea if your interested. She's a girl so there won't be pictures of cars and cows an shit. Mostly her kids, and sissy shit.
  • I have a nikon d5000 that I use very stupidly because I I don't know how to use it correctly. I still love taking pics though :)
  • You were so close to making a legitimate non-cranky post until your last sentence.
  • You were so close to making a legitimate non-cranky post until your last sentence.
    THIS
  • I have a nikon d5000 that I use very stupidly because I I don't know how to use it correctly. I still love taking pics though :)
    I have a d3200 nikon.. Mine has what i call "retard mode" that i am not ashamed to use and can get some pretty good results. If you are looking to get any better I recommend reading anything by Scott Kelby. His format is very accessible.
  • edited November 2013
    So i've been taking photos for just over a year with my DSLR. I'm wondering if there are any other budding photographers around?

If so I will post some of my photos up and I hope that you will do the same.

Mods please do your job and ban troll posts.
    watch?v=dcoZkHz7_Ns

How I feel about what you said.
  • Lets see some photographs Neg
  • I will see what I can do tonight
  • I will see what I can do tonight
    Potential normal post alert!!!

Need confirmation!
  • MalMal
    edited November 2013
    He meant

I'll see what I can do tonight as long as no pretentious sk veteran tried to ruin it. But of course our filth scumbag mods will just abuse their power and won't do anything about it.
  • I missed the undertones. Thanks for the clarification mal.
  • You guys are too harsh on Neg. He's a decent guy.
    confirmed
    confirmed
    This message has been approved.

• +1 on Neg hugs :bz
  • edited November 2013
    Brisbane, Australia

Arundel Castle, UK

Medieval Festival @ Arundel Castle, UK

Merlin's Cave, UK

Do I continue?
  • Yes please :-)
  • edited November 2013
    These photos need a little bit of editing for me to be really happy with them

Endangered owl @ Muncaster World Owl Centre, UK

Bamburgh Castle, UK

Aston Martin show @ Hyde Park, UK

Nice Street near Hyde Park, UK
  • Wow, some nice shot there. Great Job, Neg.
  • You need to get a proper UV filter first and for most. Also, most of your pictures are in direct sunlight which forces some of the images colors to be "washed out" Try overcast skies, or morning or night when sunlight is not as strong.

Also, try some more creative angles. Straight on shots can become 2 dimensional and bland, no matter the subject. For example, the row of cars. Your eye starts at the first car and tries to focus to the last car but then your view is just left into a view of nothing.

I personally would of like to see the picture taken with you standing 20 feet to your left. Same height, a tad lower on the ISO and/or possibly a shorter shutter speed. But start the cars in the bottom right corner like you did, and then angle the row of cars to the top left of the image. Creates better perspective and easier on the eyes. Also helps the image from becoming to "flat"

I am not saying your pictures are bad, just giving constructive criticism.
  • edited November 2013
    I am not saying your pictures are bad, just giving constructive criticism.
    All good.

I am a perfectionist myself and am becoming more aware as I take photos with what is classed as an 'imperfection'. These are kit lenses and is it possible the softness you are talking about it somewhat contributed to by the low aperture?

My desire is to invest in more equipment when I have the funds and have learned a suitable amount to get the most out of any lens. I am starting to get involved with a local camera club so that should give me some motivation to get out and improve by taking more photos.

I would of loved to of gotten more angles at the car show as you suggest however the amount of people gives you a small amount of angles to choose from. I was also in a hurry and wanted to capture the event without photographing the cars 1 by 1.

The bottom 4 photos are I believe the weaker of the two different submissions in this thread. They were actually darker than you can see here however I have edited them within lightroom as I try to learn the in and outs of the program.
  • I'll be honest, I like the 'washed out' look. I think it makes the green of the grass and that oh so beautiful blue sky just pop out. It really sets up the canvas for the actual pictures themselves. Maybe its the Colorado Boy in me, but blue sky and green grass sets to stage perfect.. imho.
  • Very nice pictures, Neg.
  • Here's some pictures I took with my girlfriends camera on our last fall trip to a nearby state park.

• Those are some really beautiful pictures, Sci. Thanks for sharing.
  • Those are some really beautiful pictures, Sci. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks, it was a gorgeous day.
  • Sorry for killing the thread.
  • edited December 2013
    If you guys enjoy landscape/cityscape photos then feel free to check out this site: http://www.visdi.com
    My dad is a semi-professional photographer and that's his website.
  • I really like that merlin's cave pic, Neg. Just too bad there's so many people walking around.