Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do Americans hate free healthcare?

Comments

• ghosted, my tax on my pay cheques (and i am in the highest bracket in canada) is 30%, and it goes down from there based on income. I pay for my own heathcare because I make over a certain amount of money. Im fairly certain I pay $240 a year for my health care? Maybe a bit more. Either way, I will happily pay when I make as much money as I do so others can benefit from it. As for taxes in Canada I wouldnt be surprised If we get taxed less then you on average per person

I pay more than u per month- and I have good healthcare. the issue isn't that. we dislike free healthcare- the issue is its adding onto a broken system.

• What jester says, our healthcare has been broken for a long time HMOs were suppsoed to help people but were just interested in making money and only giving people 1-2 visits a year and if you missed oh well.

And whos to say this won't be the same way doctors only giving you x amount of visits before you can't see them anymore etc. The system that this is being put ontop of is corrupt and pretty much destroying itself up to this point anyway, hell hospitals now won't even see you if you have medicare or medicaid sometimes and surgeons won't touch you right now due to obama care coming into play my friend can't get operated on becuase people are worried about what it will do to existing coverages and how they will be paid etc.
  • edited October 2013
    Our pres blatantly lies every time he talks. Eventually even the most uneducated on issues recognize it. So when these idiots try to exclude themselves from what they force on us it is too obvious for even the most stubborn. All it takes is soneone talking to them for a minute and snap... back to reality because it is too difficult to defend. We still don't know wtf it is. To offset this media locks down comments so they can spoon feed what they want you to parrot but honestly nobody knows.
  • ^^^^^Truth, you should see the moderation on the CNN comment board
  • edited October 2013
    This "free health care" raised my premium from 47$ a week to 104$... its truly just a way for that bitch Obama to become more popular with his fans... the only reason he is president is b.c most of America is too ignorant to see past anything besides the fact he is black... its truly sad and at the same time obummer is pretty genius to exploit the fucktards of America
  • edited October 2013
    Every American should be forced to play Tropico 3 or 4 to gain a better understanding of what is taking place. Everything from dumbing down the children, propaganda, unemployment, poverty, division, health, to rotating golden statues is there tempting you to open your eyes to how we are programmed. It is all packaged in such a way as to entertain and educate. Don't do what the super powers want for too long? Now you got a problem you are there to serve a role puppet. When I realized the golden rotating statue was real it was truly a wtf moment. The way this game pokes fun at everything including the consumer if they try to brush it off is beautiful. You can't help but see it in your life afterwards. Somebody was tripping fucking balls when they programmed it. I am surprised it isn't banned or some trumped up charges tossed their way.
  • Our pres blatantly lies every time he talks. Eventually even the most uneducated on issues recognize it. So when these idiots try to exclude themselves from what they force on us it is too obvious for even the most stubborn. All it takes is soneone talking to them for a minute and snap... back to reality because it is too difficult to defend. We still don't know wtf it is. To offset this media locks down comments so they can spoon feed what they want you to parrot but honestly nobody knows.

hes a politiican, if you think youre going to get one that doesnt lie then you are on crack lol

In BC we voted in (our provincial elections) someone who said NO way in hell they are introducing this new HST. Whats the first bill they push through? HST
  • I think its time to pull an Ireland
    Iceland?
  • Yup... the government no longer fears its people, they think what they say goes... I love how they swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the UNITED states yet they divide n conquer, lie n corrupt, take away our rights one by one all under a facade of protection from terrorism, arms or anything they deem to give us power...

And I quote mother fucking adolf hitler

To conquer a nation you must first disarm its citizens
    Iceland?
    nope, pretty sure Ireland is the one about to toss the senate
  • edited October 2013
    Our pres blatantly lies every time he talks. Eventually even the most uneducated on issues recognize it. So when these idiots try to exclude themselves from what they force on us it is too obvious for even the most stubborn. All it takes is soneone talking to them for a minute and snap... back to reality because it is too difficult to defend. We still don't know wtf it is. To offset this media locks down comments so they can spoon feed what they want you to parrot but honestly nobody knows.

hes a politiican, if you think youre going to get one that doesnt lie then you are on crack lol

In BC we voted in (our provincial elections) someone who said NO way in hell they are introducing this new HST. Whats the first bill they push through? HST
    Politicians are usually very careful in how they phrase things they do not outright lie. We do the same here on sk. What this guy does is like debating a child. Anyone on google can find out what he is saying is bs in seconds. Qwj or Lynog would run circles on this guy in an arguement. If you believe that is par for the course and accept it then you deserve what is coming. Don't think you won't be affected this is the new world order.After he gets away with it then yes they will all do it. That I would agree with.
  • move to UK free healthcare
  • edited October 2013
    It won't matter where you live when if we go rogue with the most powerful arsenal ever to exist. Simply failing to maintain this shit is an extinction level event.
  • The sketchy thing is, you know they know everything you guys are saying. The fact they shove it down your throats is irrefutable proof that your government wants to exploit you :/
  • What pisses me off the most is that there is a tax fine if you dont buy insurance. A good idea never has to be forced.
  • A good idea never has to be forced.
    This is the worst statement in this thread....de segregation had to be forced through...
    +1
    A good idea never has to be forced.
    This is the worst statement in this thread....de segregation had to be forced through...
    hate to be the one to say this but... What was a good idea?? Lol
  • Free healthcare is only for people that cant/wont work it is not free for me i still have to pay for it

*De jure
  • "free" for those who can't/won't work. They don't file taxes,meaning it won't cost them any so called fines.
  • Obama care isn't free health care.

It's saying that you must have healthcare. Similar to how auto insurance is ran.
    I think its time to pull an Ireland
    Starve because there's not enough potatoes?
  • Obama care isn't free health care.

It's saying that you must have healthcare. Similar to how auto insurance is ran.
    I think its time to pull an Ireland
    Starve because there's not enough potatoes?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/05/world/europe/ireland-votes-on-abolishing-its-senate.html?_r=0

Ireland let us down but it almost happened

• well, here in brazil we just got thousands of medics from cuba...

a week later, one of them prescribes a 400% overdosage that would have killed the patient if not noticed.
  • i think it would help if they knew our language...
  • i think it would help if they knew our language...
    I would think so lol
  • Also, on a side note, do you live in a hut? How does electricity work out there?
    /end funny