Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like it actually might happen... There goes my a piece of my childhood

CyaCya
edited September 2013 in General
Hey SK. Just stopped in like all of us older players tend to do from time to time and took a look around. I got to say I was in shock at the fact that there was hardly anyone signed up for the next round. Not even a Multi Bot script. I suppose that this game is finally taking that last nail in the coffin we all have talked about for years.

I started playing this game shortly after the Original Betas of version 1 (13 years ago?). And back when Galaxies Expanded out to Sector 40:40. And I can honestly say that there were (and still a couple ) people that I could truly call friends. This game provided an outlet for me as a Teenager, and I was very grateful for it. Over the years I played less and less as I grew up, Got married, had kids of my own, divorced, and really just lived life. But still every now and then there was something that always brought me back to this game, although many of the faces had changed, there was something Nostalgic about typing www.starkingdoms.com . I suppose this is a goodbye to a game, a place, that I am not sure I will get another chance to see. And even a goodbye to a piece of my childhood.

For any of you still left, who knew me when I played, I just want to say thanks for the memories, the chats, and the genuine fun I had playing this game with you guys. It was one hell of a trip.

Comments

• How bad is it on s1?
  • there's G1 sectors with 3 kingdoms lol
  • Peace out Cya.

-ER
  • Ouch! Just signed up to see this and I am ID# 175... Not looking good SK, not looking good. :(
  • Eh, it usually takes a little while for peeps to join up, we have stragglers now a days. But it's no biggie, it makes it that much easier to pwn :P.
  • Cya cya! I started around round 14 when I was a wee teen too. Now I'm married w kids. No time for SK haha

-Cory/Icy
  • Yup, SK is almost dead now. I signed up but then thought: "What's the point?"
  • At least Darius, Damdred, and I were able to give that bad ass battle :). Ah good memories
  • Yup, SK is almost dead now. I signed up but then thought: "What's the point?"
    The sad part is your right. There is no point. What are you going to do brag that your in the top 100? Congratulations, you made it through Newbie Mode!
    Cya cya! I started around round 14 when I was a wee teen too. Now I'm married w kids. No time for SK haha

-Cory/Icy
    Buddy, your priorities are right being with your family. Keep it that way.
    Eh, it usually takes a little while for peeps to join up, we have stragglers now a days. But it's no biggie, it makes it that much easier to pwn :P.
    Not hard to rule the Universe with an Iron fist when your the only one in it.

The sad part is, this game didn't have to sputter out this way. But I am not going to bash @BCartfall for it. As I stated in my Original post, this game gave me 13 years of enjoyment and friendship. And honestly, I have Brian to thank for that. He did create this game, and he did leave it running all this time (whatever problems the game has had aside). I am grateful that I got to meet and grow up with a lot of people around this game.
  • Cheers mate. I played for a few weeks last round, and surf then forums a little bit during the week. Between work, kids, and getting my masters I'm busy enough! Haha
  • I be like you bitches are all on the same side fighting bots. Bots are gone... yall still here. LOL.
  • WE WON DANK!
  • I don't want to brag or anything but I made top 100 last round...and I got KTed and didn't even finish it out :P

It would be cool if we could revive this place somehow
  • I played it when I was a kid too, took an 8 year hiatus and to me it was depressing to log on and see a game that had more bots than players
  • tell me you guys remember this www.homestarrunner.com <----
  • Hahahahaha HSR!!!!!!!!
  • TROGDOR!!!!!! the Burninator
  • The how to make techno was and is still by far my favorite.

The system is down. The system is down.
  • edited September 2013
    WE WON DANK!
    If we had an admin in the game to prevent their return this place can be rebuilt. We really don't need a phone app the browser is fine. It is disheartening knowing they can return at any time and nobody is here to prevent it. So close yet so far. The forum looks good though good job guys.

I've come back so many times just to find out everyone is multis. I am reluctant to sign up someone tell me it is ok to play!
  • its not to bad dank tbh there were a couple manual multis this round that disbanded for people to farm but most of them were killed for doing so
  • edited September 2013
    WE WON DANK!
    If we had an admin in the game to prevent their return this place can be rebuilt. We really don't need a phone app the browser is fine. It is disheartening knowing they can return at any time and nobody is here to prevent it. So close yet so far. The forum looks good though good job guys.

I've come back so many times just to find out everyone is multis. I am reluctant to sign up someone tell me it is ok to play!
    Dank, It is okay to play... but we all know once we decide to actually fame this game, multi's return to just prove us wrong.

@bcartfall

In game mod me, NOW! :)
  • edited September 2013
    Ok I signed up. I just launched a campaign to take over Pussyland's sector. Death to all xLTx! I shall lie, mislead, make up random crap, cash in on favors, and enlist a zombie horde of people that just want to see dead kingdoms. I also take full credit for his current KT and the resources already spent. It was my inevitable return that surely inspired it.
  • edited September 2013
    Ok I signed up. I just launched a campaign to take over Pussyland's sector. Death to all xLTx! I shall lie, mislead, make up random crap, cash in on favors, and enlist a zombie horde of people that just want to see dead kingdoms. I also take full credit for his current KT and the resources already spent. It was my inevitable return that surely inspired it.
    We're not worthy!!

• Wb dank. Time to fuck shit up. Let me know where you want farmer Cory to send his multi wls
  • Always at Lynog he is the new Omni.
  • He only wishes