Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pop loss is bugged

edited September 2013 in Bugs and Exploits
@bcart
@bcartfall

normally when a kingdom is in overflow, your formulas indicate a pop loss of land/4 for under 1000, land / 6 for under 5000 and land /8 for 15000 i believe.

however kingdoms at around 4k pop who are massively in overflow are only losing 100 per tick.
this is drastically making pks more difficult.

please fix

Comments

• That must be why bitches ain't dying, I figured my l33t skills were lax
  • Are you sure of your math, WallsOfNoob?
  • edited September 2013
    I thought PK's would've been difficult because there's not many people left this round.
  • Most of our "pks" are just people not logging in for a day or two and slowly dying of pop loss from massive overflow. On the 10-20 we've tried over the last couple weeks, almost every single kingdom is only losing 100 pop/hr, despite their land size. Some of them are 3-4k land, and it makes no sense to only lose that little.
  • Meadows, pm and lets discuss this!
  • @bcart
    @bcartfall

normally when a kingdom is in overflow, your formulas indicate a pop loss of land/4 for under 1000, land / 6 for under 5000 and land /8 for 15000 i believe.

however kingdoms at around 4k pop who are massively in overflow are only losing 100 per tick.

please fix
    Its been like this for a while, theres even a bug when you get a KDs pop too low they somehow survive that too. Come to the point where we would just try and get their pop just under a 100 on any Kds under a said amount of land.
  • Yeah for a while its been like this from what I discovered basically if you don't use the formula to an exact ie exact missiles exact kidnaps you basically have to kidnap to 0 which sucks!!!
  • yep its been liek this for awhile last round we tried to pk 99yardtouchdown got his pop to fucking 4! and he wouldn't die even though he was in overflow <<
  • yep its been liek this for awhile last round we tried to pk 99yardtouchdown got his pop to fucking 4! and he wouldn't die even though he was in overflow <<</blockquote>

lol u guys dunno how to pk.
  • Says the guy who is finding PK's "difficult", lol.
  • lol yes cause we arson'd him to 0 and misseled him to the correct land (scis calc ftw) then napped him to 0 and we don't know how to pk gg
  • lol yes cause we arson'd him to 0 and misseled him to the correct land (scis calc ftw) then napped him to 0 and we don't know how to pk gg
    I think your problem was NAPing him, would have been easier without that.
    lol.
    u obviously don't know how to pk, cuz he didn't die.
    poploss amount is wrong, but poploss isn't. there is no bug that stops kingdoms from poploss if u did it right.

therefore the only logical solution is, u guys dunno how to pk.
    cuz clearly if u did, he'd be dead? lol..... like u just pointed out urself that he didn't die, so ur basically self-declaring u can't do a pk. lololololol
  • edited September 2013
    says the guy who is having "difficulty" pking people. Go sit down somewhere walls

Also just because someone is in "overflow" does not mean that he will 100% lose pop the next tick depending on the amount of buildings that he has producing and if idiots attack him also. There are many reasons someone won't die from a pk that could potentially screw one up...unlike someone whos taking 2-3 days to pk someone just saying...

and lol zeal got me there don't ya XD
  • says the guy who is having "difficulty" pking people. Go sit down somewhere walls

Also just because someone is in "overflow" does not mean that he will 100% lose pop the next tick depending on the amount of buildings that he has producing and if idiots attack him also. There are many reasons someone won't die from a pk that could potentially screw one up...unlike someone whos taking 2-3 days to pk someone just saying...

and lol zeal got me there don't ya XD
    where does it say i'm having 'difficulty' pking people.
    Guessing english isn't your strong suit. no problem.

and if he's in overflow. he will lose pop next tick guaranteed. lol, apparently u don't know how to calculate 'overflow' or don't understand the meaning of 'overflow' lol
  • however kingdoms at around 4k pop who are massively in overflow are only losing 100 per tick.
  • however kingdoms at around 4k pop who are massively in overflow are only losing 100 per tick.

'more difficult' and 'having difficulty'
    are not the same.

it's like saying

i'm getting poorer as compared to 'i'm poor'

do u understand??
    shall i give examples?

it costs 70 pa's to kill a kingdom. man if bcart fixed the poploss it wud only take 50. it's so much MORE DIFFICULT because the poploss is bugged

versus

fk i'm HAVING DIFFICULTY killing this kingdom bcuz i'm an idiot like shining and don't understand how many pa's i have to throw aimlessly at a kingdom to kill it.

English. Please learn it before trying to insult others. Thanks.
  • Reading the PFs today has taught me that asians have a superiority complex.
  • more difficult and having difficulty is different to your poor example btw

if something is more difficult then there is some difficulty, meaning you are having some difficulty doing it, might not be a lot but it is some ;)

the poor one is different, because you have to be at a certain stage to be "poor", it is a state
  • more difficult and having difficulty is different to your poor example btw

if something is more difficult then there is some difficulty, meaning you are having some difficulty doing it, might not be a lot but it is some ;)

the poor one is different, because you have to be at a certain stage to be "poor", it is a state

not really
    poor / difficult, are all subjective biases. Like in america if u have 100 bux as your life savings u are poor. But say you live in the republic of congo, you'd be considered rich.

both are subjective and change depending on situations. But my example is only relating the fact that having something and being something are 2 different things. whether i relate that to having a watermelon or being in a situation involving watermelons, or even 'being' a watermelon. Sure this example is not necessarily a great one, but it correlates in the specifics that I was intending to portray.

ur complaining about it being a bad example is as bad as if i were to say an elephant is bigger than a dog, just like a country is bigger than a house. and u telling me a whale versus a house is a bad example of size comparison because they're not animals.

• If you weren't having difficulty, you wouldn't have used the word difficult to begin with. Saying it is "more difficult" implies that it was difficult from the beginning. As in more difficult>difficult. Why not say it's more annoying or more trouble than it's worth?

Like arguing with someone on PFs...and yeah, "poor" example. See what I did there? ^_^

Walls, plz teach me English, I'm an eedjit. D= For the record, I wasn't insulting you...unless you feel me quoting you is an insult, in which case...won't quote you again. o_o

Or did you mean I insulted you because an SK player such as yourself could NEVER be expected to have any sort of difficulty with any aspect of SK? If so, whoops, my bad.

PF people are touchy...I think I'll enjoy coming back here. ^_^
  • If you weren't having difficulty, you wouldn't have used the word difficult to begin with. Saying it is "more difficult" implies that it was difficult from the beginning. As in more difficult>difficult. Why not say it's more annoying or more trouble than it's worth?

Like arguing with someone on PFs...and yeah, "poor" example. See what I did there? ^_^

Walls, plz teach me English, I'm an eedjit. D= For the record, I wasn't insulting you...unless you feel me quoting you is an insult, in which case...won't quote you again. o_o

Or did you mean I insulted you because an SK player such as yourself could NEVER be expected to have any sort of difficulty with any aspect of SK? If so, whoops, my bad.

PF people are touchy...I think I'll enjoy coming back here. ^_^

more difficult doesn't imply it was difficult in the beginning.
    2+2 = 4
    4+5 = 9 <- this one is more difficult.
    does this imply that 2+2 = 4 is difficult. not really. did the difficulty increase from the first one to the second, yes it did.

i must win all internet fights.
  • That isn't more difficult. 4x5 would've been more difficult. It's still x + y = z. Whatever x or y may be doesn't change the difficulty, just the outcome. The premise is still the same. You could've at least used double digit numbers or multiplication/division to signify more difficult. It's just simple addition.

Btw, if you've noticed, I gave up trying to explain that "more" difficult implies a preceding level of difficulty. We can word-play all we want but at the end of the day, no one will budge.

So do you really win this internet fight? Or did you only get this reply post because I'm so damn bored tonight? xP

P.S. Wait, wait, wait, we're fighting?! D= but I'm such a pacifist.
  • That isn't more difficult. 4x5 would've been more difficult. It's still x + y = z. Whatever x or y may be doesn't change the difficulty, just the outcome. The premise is still the same. You could've at least used double digit numbers or multiplication/division to signify more difficult. It's just simple addition.

Btw, if you've noticed, I gave up trying to explain that "more" difficult implies a preceding level of difficulty. We can word-play all we want but at the end of the day, no one will budge.

So do you really win this internet fight? Or did you only get this reply post because I'm so damn bored tonight? xP

P.S. Wait, wait, wait, we're fighting?! D= but I'm such a pacifist.
    lol. 'That isn't more difficult'.
    i just facepalm to ur argument.

sk is also simple addition, incrementally, and some multiplication too

and in ur case, a bit of subtraction :P
    Our brave kingdom wallsoffire (1:20) attacked Shining Light (1:9) and conquered 1,438 planets.

see wat i did there :P derp
  • Facepalm away. ^_^ This was never a real argument, you just took offense to me quoting you on something so I ran with it as far as I could...because I found it interesting that you found it difficult to pk. =P Oh, I'm sorry, more difficult than it was before. I don't wanna run around in circles. And yep, SK is all about addition, incrementally, multiplication, subtraction, percentages...that's why I love it and keep coming back.

Oh crap. You hit me. How the hell did you ever figure out who I was?! </3 I'll never love again. Nice grab, though...2nd time you've fixed my researches. XD

I guess j00 ween dis interwebz fight.
  • just flash that son bitch 2 birds, kick em in the stomach, and drop the stunner on their kds till they reach 0 pop...at least 3 ppl in this convo have been PKed by me at least 1x in the last year

nublets!
  • Yeh but he didnt say you are finding it very difficult to do PKs, he said you are having difficulty, which you are. May not be a lot making it very difficult but you are having some difficulty.
  • just flash that son bitch 2 birds, kick em in the stomach, and drop the stunner on their kds till they reach 0 pop...at least 3 ppl in this convo have been PKed by me at least 1x in the last year

nublets!
    Yeah, and you still suck at it hahaha