Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Takes 30minutes between posts in game

edited August 2013 in Bugs and Exploits
the 30 second post restriction is now a 30minute post restriction... in game

@bcartfall
@bcart
@bcartfail

Comments

• We should just start using PF for all our posting needs! :)
  • Didn't this happen once already this round? Make your posts count kids.
  • edited August 2013
    Sadness, very very sad. I think it might be once per login instead of 30 minutes. But I haven't checked that closely.
  • it's actually a n hour
  • Ah, I thought it was more than 30 minutes but I didn't check the timestamps that closely.
  • Problem has been fixed. People who posted just before it was fixed will have to wait 1 hour and 30 seconds before they can post again.

This happens after the server is rebooted. For some reason the database and the web server get out of sync with actual server timezone. Will look into a solution so that it doesn't happen the next time the server is rebooted.
  • Thanks BCart.
  • Problem has been fixed. People who posted just before it was fixed will have to wait 1 hour and 30 seconds before they can post again.

This happens after the server is rebooted. For some reason the database and the web server get out of sync with actual server timezone. Will look into a solution so that it doesn't happen the next time the server is rebooted.
    It's these moments that warms my cold cold heart! God bless SK, God bless BCart, God bless game support, God bless AMERICA!

Anything that doesn't require effort, you'll come running to help, eh?

Anything that requires the smallest amount of effort (The spam in the PF's, the multi's at start of round etc) and you couldn't give a toss. You certainly know how to keep the community happy.

Anything that doesn't require effort, you'll come running to help, eh?

Anything that requires the smallest amount of effort (The spam in the PF's, the multi's at start of round etc) and you couldn't give a toss. You certainly know how to keep the community happy.
  • PS WHERE THE HELL DID MY POST COUNT GO AND WHY DID I HAVE TO RE-SIGN UP?!

BCart can delete me but not bots? D=
  • Actually, a good many of the bots are deleted now.
  • heh, he deleted my account as well.
  • If you don't like this game, you are welcome to NOT PLAY lololol Deserved bans IMO.
    If you don't like this game, you are welcome to NOT PLAY lololol Deserved bans IMO.
    Idk about k2 but I've been on PFs for all of a week...not sure what I could possibly have done but oh well.
    Actually, a good many of the bots are deleted now.
    Excuse me while I take my foot out of my mouth.
    I told Cart you were the multioverlord.
  • *some random nonsense* lolololol
  • Let me explain:

There was about 5,000 accounts that I suspect were created automatically by bots. I made a choice to erase accounts that met the following criteria:
    - Post count less than 4.
    - Joined day and last activity with a less than a 24 hour difference.

I may have also removed your account by accident while trying to remove the bot accounts manually. If I erased your forum account in error, I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Let me explain:

There was about 5,000 accounts that I suspect were created automatically by bots. I made a choice to erase accounts that met the following criteria:

I may have also removed your account by accident while trying to remove the bot accounts manually. If I erased your forum account in error, I apologize for the inconvenience.
    BCart is here!
  • That's good, BCart. Now tell me why you are willing to remove 5,000 bot accounts but weren't willing to remove 43 multi accounts earlier this round that inevitably made even more people quit? And don't say you didn't know because I sent you a pm.
  • Let me explain:

:) Love Stephen Colbert
  • Fyi, i'm still upset you banned my main account. could you unban it now please? I miss my post count :(
  • BCart

While you are dealing with these bots cant you set a new mod? Crash has quit and there are no others.
  • I google +1'ed this shit
  • BCart

While you are dealing with these bots cant you set a new mod? Crash has quit and there are no others.
    Crash is here. I just saw him post in the SK Memes Thread.
  • Quit as mod, or so he said when bots were running rampant.
  • Its not that he quit, its that he doesnt have the ample powers as it was in the previous forums with banning accounts. Having mod here feels lackluster and doesn't do a great service without banning accounts.

But this is how BCart wants to run things and that is how we have to handle it. If we do not like it then there isn't much we can do, as you can see we are still here and kicking.
  • Im only here because of you flazer, I wanted you to know that ;)