Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scavenger Hunt

edited January 2012 in General
This game is a photography scavenger hunt, where I will take a picture of an item (like an apple, or a specific type of car), and all the contestants have to find that item and take a picture of it to post here in the thread. All pictures MUST contain an identifying sign with the player's user name in the picture in order to verify that the picture is authentic, and not something scavenged off of Google. Pictures of your screen and/or printouts are also not accepted. We will have several elimination rounds, with increasing difficultly, where the last person to post their picture (or anyone who can't find the object at all) is eliminated, until we arrive at a winner. I will be buying premi for the winner.

Current Player List:
Natso
Dogtown
Gagazet
Modgy
Scientology
DTtheTeapot
Neg
Stone
Smiling Hippo
Mages
Omnifarious
Mal
Aero
Puppy
DrknssWthn
Tormented
Zamerano
LewsTherin

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Round 1 will be an activity check. Anyone who still wishes to join the game may do so until the end of this round. Anyone who fails to participate will be eliminated. If all players check in, then all may advance to round 2.

Due to Thanksgiving holiday here in the US, round 1 will last for 3 days.

With that being said, here is our first item:
    Scissors!

Edit: Pictures may have to be compressed or resized in order to post properly. There seems to be technical difficulties posting pictures that are too large.
  • Name on screen, scissors in hand? Good yes?
  • edited November 2011
    -_- ' 4 days later, it seemed to have more to do with height and width then actual size in kb's its around 16 btw.

• Name on screen, scissors in hand? Good yes?
    That's fine
  • *Note: Pictures may have to be compressed in order to post properly. There seems to be technical difficulties posting pictures that are too large.
  • edited November 2011
    Do i get a prize for most stylish handwriting? :P
  • might be able to use this website to help resize: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

or look for a program called easythumbnails

I know you can do it in paint but cbf :D
  • edited November 2011
    Pffft paint is simple, just go into Stretch/Skew and reduce from there. Stretched to 50% of original vertical and horizontal will usually get the job done (unless your source is 2048x1536 like what my annoying phone takes).
  • add me to the player list
  • edited November 2011
    Scissors a la Modgy
  • It seems my table is kinda dirty... buttttt

Introducing my psyduck that DT sent me for my birthday :D

• edited November 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Used my cheapo 50mm 1.8. Shoulda used my 11-16mm Tokina as i found it was quite tight...
  • TBH you should just make this the signup thread. Whomever posts scissors is in.

Don't forget to tag your pics with your name in the future sci, otherwise it could be a pic of anyone's psyduck holding scissors.
  • edited November 2011
    harLo :)

hope I can still play ^___^
  • I forgot i dont have a camera LOL

Don't forget to tag your pics with your name in the future sci, otherwise it could be a pic of anyone's psyduck holding scissors.
    Lol! This is my sciduck! Besides you can use photo recognition sites on the web that will find any picture if a duplicate exsists.
  • negneg
    edited November 2011
    is it possible to do a hand signal or something if we don't have access to a piece of paper or pen?

would make it easier when taking pictures outside etc. I wouldn't have to scrounge around for a spare receipt and pen lol.

:-D

• Lol! This is my sciduck! Besides you can use photo recognition sites on the web that will find any picture if a duplicate exsists.
    Too much work to check everyones, it's easier to have one standard for everyone. But I'll make you a deal sci, if you think you can put that psyduck into every single shot, I'll let you keep it as your identifying mark.

As for hand signals... I'll grant the point that it could be more convenient in some cases, so sure, I'll also accept pics that contain the letter I in american sign language. (Although I still prefer signs.) I'll edit this rule change into the top post later.
  • I will probably take a picture of scissors and forget to put my name on it.
  • I plan on putting that psyduck in every single shot. Also, let DT join the fun.
  • is it possible to do a hand signal or something if we don't have access to a piece of paper or pen?

would make it easier when taking pictures outside etc. I wouldn't have to scrounge around for a spare receipt and pen lol.

:-D

Notice what I did...you can tweak the idea.
  • I didn't have a pen either.
  • harLo :)

hope I can still play ^___^
    Post some scissors with your name on them and you can play. =)
  • edited November 2011
    nvm :)
  • I can see it just fine DT. Nice to see you around again.
  • I can see it just fine DT. Nice to see you around again.
    HIII :) I know... I've been real busy :) you should play too ^___^
  • SK or the Scavenger Hunt? I'm playing, I just haven't uploaded my pic yet.