Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Mode hangover

Kingdoms who were active through newbie mode but not logged in when newbie mode ended (and haven't logged in since) are still in newbie mode and thus cannot be probed or attacked. If I remember correctly, this was a problem last round as well.

@bcartfall

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Ask around before you post problems that don't actually exist (there are real problems that should be fixed)
    If you're going to claim I make incompetent posts, I'll claim you're illiterate. I already stated this was a known issue from at least last round. Just because most of the playerbase already knows about it doesn't mean it's not still an issue.

Let me put it in baby words for you: Thing brokey; we no use thingy; but thingy still brokey.
  • This is not a bug - it's something that was introduced a long time ago to reduce lag during ticks. Essentially sectors update at different times in terms of what the universe can see. When an action is taken by or against that kingdom, it will update accordingly. Prior to initiating this, the servers used to lag at every tick and there were roll-backs as a result. This is also why the click bug would occur as well during lag periods as a result of said roll-backs in conflict with the update.

This is also why the LT bot used to do its scans at various points in the hour so that the information wasn't flawed. This also made manually tracking kingdoms that were created very difficult and guess work (+/- an hour) unless you were willing to check just before the tick change.

It's not a perfect fix, and to be honest, it's probably not needed with how small the player base is now. It was a welcome change though when the player based was 5k+.
  • its not broken.... it was a solution to fix tick lag. IT IS NOT A PROBLEM. if your too stupid to play the game with this mechanic than plz don't play.
    Ok, I'll make this concession - it's not a bug, it's an obsolete coding-bandaid. Get rid of it (as has been asked for at least one round already) and return SK to the basis where every KD is updated on the server at tick.

And what you said is untrue. THEY CAN BE PROBED AND ATTACKED. you actually seem to be the 1 that is illiterate so i bolded it for you. I can use the phonetic spelling if that will help.

actually just plz don't play
    BTW please tell me how to probe/attack a KD who's still in newbie mode according to the server.
  • its not broken.... it was a solution to fix tick lag. IT IS NOT A PROBLEM. if your too stupid to play the game with this mechanic than plz don't play.
    Ok, I'll make this concession - it's not a bug, it's an obsolete coding-bandaid. Get rid of it (as has been asked for at least one round already) and return SK to the basis where every KD is updated on the server at tick.
    every kd was never updated on the server at tick, if it were, itd be like old times where every tick felt like exiting newbiemode

• I don't remember Tick lag, I've always updated on the hour, every hour, Blasphemy!
  • Now, I remember having 3 AIM chats open to take down one 80k land KD with probes, That was lag
  • There used to be tick lag like when newbie mode ends, but not quite as bad. I've seen it worse in other games taking 10 minutes of each hour...