Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starkingdoms Steam Group for Dota, Civ and other games

edited February 2013 in General
Hi Everyone.

After a successful day playing dota with other starkingdoms players I would like to offer everyone the chance to get involved. I figure a general Starkingdoms group is probably the best bet.

Feel free to join @ http://steamcommunity.com/groups/starkingdomscommunity

Thanks.

Comments

• Never though there r dota players here.. :D
  • I joined the group as ezwip. Msg me if you need dota.
  • is warcraft 3 free yet?
  • it is if you know where to look ;-)

me and others have plenty of dota 2 invites to give anyway
  • bump

join up were all friends here
  • edited February 2013
    Maybe we aren't appealing to the desires of SK folk. You can play with bots on Dota. People like Lynog and HG can play the game without ever interacting with real people.
  • I was called a bot in a civ game earlier when i ravaged their buttholes
  • bump

group is slowly getting bigger

im giving away dota invites
  • i played eve for a little bit but the size of the game just did my head in....

i also play dota 2 (have several game giveaway things for someone)
    DayZ if anyone plays that

username Deanoz1
  • edited February 2013
    The thing with Dota is you need a group to do well. Pulling 50% in pub games is near impossible. You never know when they will be awful or quit on you. Right now I need a group as I hit a point where I am pretty good but carrying an entire team is a lot of effort. I need a team to get into the more enjoyable side of Dota which is team fights. The random drunk Russians are taking a toll.
  • edited March 2013
    http://reddit.com/r/dota2

I can be found in the reddit room on dota2. It is a great place to stage with the worst players on the game. Then you will understand how not to treat your teamates and what you should not build.
  • Dank we should play together..
  • how would this dota invite thingy work?

i play legends at least 5x/day
  • Add ezwip on steam. Join our sk group. I will send it to you.
  • k... when i get home i´ll google steam and install it..
  • im getting into civ 5 its badass
  • are you? Thats good to know
  • stupid thing doesnt let me add people...

i'm gp10ftw in steam btw...just have no idea how to procede from there...
  • join the starkingdoms group as mentioned in the first post. im sure dank or nimrod can add you as a friend and send you the free pass
  • edited March 2013
    me and orange have been having some good games around this time as im posting (March 8th - 7am SK TIME)

anyone free to join in

i tried searching for gp10ftw but cannot find anything
  • i just joined the group...
  • maybe its case sensitive...

GP10FTW
  • are you? Thats good to know
    your alive?

wow!

• also, i got this lol

"Some features of the Steam Community become available once you have games in your Steam account"
  • i see you.

your name jsut comes up as Unreliable
  • oh...well...

i dont know what i named as gp10 then...
  • edited March 2013
    i added you as a friend

accept and ill send a dota key
  • Word on the street is that dank is a noob
  • edited March 2013
    im getting into civ 5 its badass
    Stop now the game is fucked.
    Word on the street is that dank is a noob."
    That depends on the role I am playing and character chosen. It is very easy on Dota to think you are awesome and totally fuck your team at the same time. A good example would be telling me to lane solo with Keeper against phantom lancer and spirit breaker. I had this happen last night it was terrible. Basically anyone saying I am new likely doesn't know shit but thinks that they are good because they had more kills or died less. There are many variables and it is so easy to blame others for whatever reason to mask your fuckup. This is something you have to deal with in dota and a five man team. So many think you have to build and gank just like they do and not waiver cuz they watched a pro match. Join my lane steal all the last hits forcing me to jungle then cry I am not ganking etc. They want early ganks on item dependent carries which can't happen without cash. You find people crying before the game even starts based on your pick. My reply to them is just lol. I don't even bother with these types and tell whoever told you that to stay away until they learn this. I bet you anything there were four carries and I had to choose support or they stole my hits, pushed the lane, forcing me to jungle. Very common. Ask them what match then watch it I guarantee I got fucked.