Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planet Type Suggestion

edited December 2012 in Suggestions
FW
Scores in both S1 & S2 obviously proved that FW are way too power, decrease the StarMine adv.
The secondary adv. of +40 Money per StarMine for FW seems irrelevant afterall.

*Reduce the Secondary Adv or Replace it with Power Production according to the Game Help > Planet Type story

Mountainous
Disadv -30% Power Production, Secondary Advantage +50% Attack Honor.
The disadv. seems painful & the secondary adv. seems useless because of amount of SK player these days.

*Discount the training cost for LD to replace the Attack Honor gain
*Reduce the disadvantage of power production or add Probe Shield for defensive purpose (as in story! Defense is neccessary for the Mountainous people)

Oceanic
Secondary adv -25% building cost, Disadvantage +25% Research Required
As an engineer, the Secondary Adv doesnt make sense to have cheap construction in the Ocean or Sea, it cost higher and need more time to complete compare to other surface type. The disadvantage will only cripple any player who try to grow fast using Oceanic.

*Best disadvantage for Oceanic probably is -% in Power Production as they are separated from key natural sources, wind, stream, solar, forest, etc...
*Secondary advantage should be replace with Cheaper Land Exploration, finding suitable & flat surface underwater could be easier compare to other planet type

Other planet types seems okay with me. :-D

Comments

• On the fw point it is slightly overpowered but its the fact that big dws always get killed early that means fw is usually top near the end.

Although DW is overpowered too
  • edited December 2012
    True Qwj, +25% offensive are way too power, but by strengthen other Planet Type it will be balance I think.

Its really boring to see FW all the ways, make SK a bushy place.
  • Nothing really going to be done about it though. Maybe on GC, but not here.
  • I think your opinion would change if you were spanked by DWs early round. Their kingdoms are shit but dragoons cost 79$, so they can produce as much offense as their pop will allow.

I think FW is easily better than DW, you just need to avoid early DWs that go crazy with offense. Both overpowered though
  • I think your opinion would change if you were spanked by DWs early round. Their kingdoms are shit but dragoons cost 79$, so they can produce as much offense as their pop will allow.

I think FW is easily better than DW, you just need to avoid early DWs that go crazy with offense. Both overpowered though
    Most of them are, but you get 2,3 that arent. The unbreakable ones who can hit whoever they want.

FW is better late game, but if the 2-3 good dws didnt get kted early the FWs wouldnt be close enough mid-end game to be better
  • Of course. You shouldnt pick FW thinking you can stay safe :p Shit, a smart DW would roll you knowing you would be a threat midgame.

Mists of Pandaria make offens yet?
  • He has some, dont think hes interested in being the rolling powerhouse that he could be haha
  • Such a pity. Least he proved a turtle can archive regardless of PT. Probably the worst turtling planet ever

Most of them are, but you get 2,3 that arent. The unbreakable ones who can hit whoever they want.

FW is better late game, but if the 2-3 good dws didnt get kted early the FWs wouldnt be close enough mid-end game to be better
    FW is not only better late game, its the best even for noob, with high income, they will outgrowth other planet type easily, high pop for fast def/off training, FW only disadvantage is attack time, but since SK are short of player these days, it doesnt effect too much, they just keep growing both in land and military.

DW are high in offense and dragoon are cheap, but how often can u keep on grabbing others? They still need to build up some def, with less pop they really have to consider about balancing def/off for their kingdom.

FW is not only better late game, its the best even for noob, with high income, they will outgrowth other planet type easily, high pop for fast def/off training, FW only disadvantage is attack time, but since SK are short of player these days, it doesnt effect too much, they just keep growing both in land and military.

DW are high in offense and dragoon are cheap, but how often can u keep on grabbing others? They still need to build up some def, with less pop they really have to consider about balancing def/off for their kingdom.
    DW kingdoms can easily easily smash FW kingdoms early in the round, income doesnt help when dws can make O so easily. A top good DW can hit 2 top FW kingdoms a day. They have no chance

I dont even need to find evidence as it happens every single round until the dws die.
  • Change terra form to -10% platinum earned instead of -20%, terra plus a sector research station means real quick TFs
  • blablablablablablablbblablabla

Bcart doesnt give a fuuuck
  • DW > FW, thats been proven a lot since Bcart made goons pretty much free. The only reason a good player picks FW is because DWs are always killed or gangraped early, so if you can hide out past the first war, the rest of the round is gravy.

Same can be done with DW but some ALs will kill big DW turtles because within 24-36h that DW could go from 0 offense to top offense :p
  • DW > FW, thats been proven a lot since Bcart made goons pretty much free. The only reason a good player picks FW is because DWs are always killed or gangraped early, so if you can hide out past the first war, the rest of the round is gravy.

Same can be done with DW but some ALs will kill big DW turtles because within 24-36h that DW could go from 0 offense to top offense :p
    Mean FW are coward and gangrapers? Killing and gangrape just because they use DW?

• Well its just tactics isn't it? As an alliance, you do what you can to protect your top guys. If a big DW outside is picking on them, and nobody can break him, I dont blame people for doing what they can.
  • Well its just tactics isn't it? As an alliance, you do what you can to protect your top guys. If a big DW outside is picking on them, and nobody can break him, I dont blame people for doing what they can.
    In first war you always take out dw and (big)mts lol...no reason to have people who can mass produce huge offense early in round
  • edited December 2012
    Artemis, your summary of planets is WAY off. First, the +40 starmines for FW is its main and biggest bonus. Thats why all FW's go 3 sms per 1 res. Mountanous dissadvantage of -30% power is not painful, its irrelevant. Back when we had no solar and had to keep power plants at 15%, it would be painful. With solar, even mount can get by with 7-8% power plants.

Some of your ideas are quite sound though but anything that encourages more exploration is terrible (cheaper exploring, cheaper LDs, etc). I have played games where exploring is king and its lame, very lame.

I kind of like that both DW and FW have ridiculous advantages that encourages deeper strat and specialization aka econ planet/offense planet. But they are certainly way overpowered compared to the rest. Instead of reducing their bonuses, I think the other planets just need their bonuses increased to give them specialization too.

For example:
    Mountanous - increase attack honor to say 100%, maybe even more. Make it the planet that can specialize in honor. The LD bonus is gets helps defend that honor.
    Oceanic - make oceanic harder to target, make it a good planet for leaders/officers. Something like 40% decreased military casualties when attacked.
    Terra Form - increase their research bonus another 5-10%. (So they can get 50% mil instead of 40%). Since Terra needs more research points to get to its max than other planets, the top players will not be able to afford keeping everything at 50% so they will have to pick what they need most. Only smaller players will be able to keep all bonuses at its max. Gives Terra flexibility in gameplay for top dogs and a solid planet for smaller kingdoms. (Note: take out 1500 early bonus to make sure Terra doesn't come out of newbie way overpowered).
    Volcanic - reduced probe losses. Make it a good planet for those who choose a robbing strategy.
    Mystical Lands - unsure. It could specialize in faster return time if you increase that it could seriously encourage inactive farming. So Mystical bonus should be something useful late game as its already strong early in the game.

Personally I think increasing bonuses to create specialization and a really different array of deeper strategies would make the game a bit more interesting but we have to be careful to make sure those bonuses cannot be used more effectivelly in a cheating manner.
  • I stopped reading when you said current FW requires deeper strat. LOL
  • 3 sms to 1 res at this stage would be ridiculous...would have zero soldiers
    Good fw players=explore until past tfs hit big keep exploring make it past first war in top 20=won game
  • edited December 2012
    You should c/p that post onto Holo's gamemind. Itll probably get better traction there
  • 3 sms to 1 res at this stage would be ridiculous...would have zero soldiers
    No soldiers? This round I was running 5% res and 60% sm on FBSK and just recently upped it to whooping 10% res:
    The kingdom of Scarface (1:13) December 1, 15:40:57

Name: Sir Tony

Land: 88,834
    Networth: 39,418,098
    Honor: 2,491
    Money: 135,422,560
    Power: 6,455,638
    Population: 520,201

MA Protection: 0%
    Planet Type: Forest and Wilderness

Soldiers: 13,886
    Troopers: 0
    Dragoons: 0
    Fighters: 0
    Laser Troopers: 0
    Laser Dragoons: 0

Tanks: 1,202,419
    Tactical Fighters: 332,950
    Scientists: 211,346
    Probes: 353,198

+I lost 120k tanks when I was KTed in a war and used tanks for 90% of all attacks. And before someone says its just FBSK, I don't see why it would be any different. Forest can easilly run 3 to 1 and even 5 to 1 of sm/res.
    I meant giving each planet a deeper specialization by increasing specific bonuses.
  • thats on fb though theres a whole different game on s1, if you ran 5% res most of the round with a kingdom build like that 100% you would be pk'd at some point in the round you would barely need any work
  • Lol, I want to see you try pk me. If you know what you are doing, you are not getting pked. Getting robbed blind is a lot more worrisome.
  • I think I would tick rob you if you went 60% SMs on a big KD on s1
  • tl;dr

you know bcart is inactive right?
  • tl;dr

you know bcart is inactive right?
    Plus he only looks at final stats and does balancing based on that. That's why Desert has been getting stronger and stronger. All the big/medium ones die out during wars so final stats always show it inferior to other planet types.
  • Artemis, your summary of planets is WAY off. First, the +40 starmines for FW is its main and biggest bonus. Thats why all FW's go 3 sms per 1 res. Mountanous dissadvantage of -30% power is not painful, its irrelevant. Back when we had no solar and had to keep power plants at 15%, it would be painful. With solar, even mount can get by with 7-8% power plants.

Some of your ideas are quite sound though but anything that encourages more exploration is terrible (cheaper exploring, cheaper LDs, etc). I have played games where exploring is king and its lame, very lame.

I kind of like that both DW and FW have ridiculous advantages that encourages deeper strat and specialization aka econ planet/offense planet. But they are certainly way overpowered compared to the rest. Instead of reducing their bonuses, I think the other planets just need their bonuses increased to give them specialization too.

For example:
    Mountanous - increase attack honor to say 100%, maybe even more. Make it the planet that can specialize in honor. The LD bonus is gets helps defend that honor.
    Oceanic - make oceanic harder to target, make it a good planet for leaders/officers. Something like 40% decreased military casualties when attacked.
    Terra Form - increase their research bonus another 5-10%. (So they can get 50% mil instead of 40%). Since Terra needs more research points to get to its max than other planets, the top players will not be able to afford keeping everything at 50% so they will have to pick what they need most. Only smaller players will be able to keep all bonuses at its max. Gives Terra flexibility in gameplay for top dogs and a solid planet for smaller kingdoms. (Note: take out 1500 early bonus to make sure Terra doesn't come out of newbie way overpowered).
    Volcanic - reduced probe losses. Make it a good planet for those who choose a robbing strategy.
    Mystical Lands - unsure. It could specialize in faster return time if you increase that it could seriously encourage inactive farming. So Mystical bonus should be something useful late game as its already strong early in the game.

Personally I think increasing bonuses to create specialization and a really different array of deeper strategies would make the game a bit more interesting but we have to be careful to make sure those bonuses cannot be used more effectivelly in a cheating manner.
    Solar is a bonus for the entire sector, it doesnt help the Mountainous only mate.

100% honor gain for Mountainous means nothing if u play in s2, plus the income bonus make u rob target for others who play high probe, can ur LD defend probing? Where is honor when getting rob always?

Decrease military casualties for Oceanic will only kill it faster, have u think about that? As being KT u lost land which are made for barrack and residence, if your military didnt die, they will kick out your pop faster

You said cheap explore and cheap LD are terrible? How about cheap dragoon for DW? Please dont be one sided when giving idea, what I'm suggesting is for all server, not only FBSK.

Both FW and Mountainous have extra income, why not cheaper land for the Oceanic? The main point is if you cant grab like Mystical or DW, then you have to explore like FW and Mountainous.