Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

first tier player

edited November 2012 in Game Talk
I am curioushow everyone classifies a top tier player-

I would break it into 4 categories

tier1- builds consistent top 10kds that are killed because they are threats
ex- tank wolf, lynog, Jones, Pussy, flazer , many more- o

tier 2- has an ability to run wars, destroy other alliances and improve activity
Fepo, Cobras, tyrsis, Neal/kes, Guardia, etc

tier 3- Top hof kds.
tank killer > all

tier 4. pro whores who can stay alive and finish top 10
so many- don't even know where to start-only in dreams (the most consistent pro who're I know) seperithoth

I think thats how I see it, there is definitely crossover- but Idk- what do you all think

Comments

• Are we suppose to rank the people who post as well?
  • lol no need to rank- I just thought it would help explain my thoughts
  • i'm not on jesters list did not read
  • i'm not on jesters list did not read
    bah- your on the list I just didn't put it up ;)- the point wasn't the list it's what makes the "best players"
  • adding teir 5 - pro troll.
  • builders will always be ranked as top players tbh. even if your shite at just about everything else if you can build a mean kd then you will be seen as a top player. Please though never ever ever ever ever put pussyland down as a top player, He is god awful at this game and always will be. always remember Scousers > then everyone else
  • lol no need to rank- I just thought it would help explain my thoughts
    Thank god... that would be a sure fire way to get Ego's going in this game....

• Not my ego I ain't on any of those lol
  • rank -15 people who disband during kts
    talnoy
  • It happened that one time lol
    Rank 16 -people getting PK'd when FW
    Damdred :p

(thinking about the the whole Uni has been like this this round lol)
  • if only i could be active without lynog robbing me everyday...sadders
    Lews > Starmines
    Lews > Starmines
    Is that Lews IS Starmines or Lews is BETTER than starmines? Im not quite sure.
  • Think it's Lews get eaten by SMs :p
  • Think it's Lews get eaten by SMs :p
    Lews points to Starmines?
  • I am a pro "who're". And Sephiroth taught me how to play. Tier 4 ftw!
  • Sephiroth was a tier 1 player.....built shit turtles that could do nothing but grow but still wasnt only top once people died.

Pussyland isnt tier 1 at all, cobras is much better than him
  • As far as I'm concerned.

Tier 1 = top 10
    Tier 2 = 11-30
    Tier 3 = 31-100
    Tier 4 = People who would finish top 10 if they just knew how to survive a round.
  • As far as I'm concerned.

Tier 1 = top 10
    Tier 2 = 11-30
    Tier 3 = 31-100
    Tier 4 = People who would finish top 10 if they just knew how to survive a round.
    You think people who explore whore are better than those who actually build dominating kingdoms and are killed because they are a threat where the whores are left because they arent?

Tier 1 - early top 5 (not out of newbie) around week 1-2
    Tier 2 - those that finish top 5 after a few people die
    Tier 3 - 5-15
    Tier 4 - rest of the top 100
    Tier 5 - 100 - 250
    Tier 6 - Illyria
  • edited November 2012
    given by this standard all that needs to be said:

tier 1: dw/ fw
    tier 2: mt/ mount
    tier 3: mysti/ volc
    tier 4: terra
    tier 5: oceanic
    tier 6: hg
  • funny thread
  • given by this standard all that needs to be said:

tier 1: dw/ fw
    tier 2: mt/ mount
    tier 3: mysti/ volc
    tier 4: terra
    tier 5: oceanic
    tier 6: hg
    if we are talking skill required then dw/fw need to be like tier 3 haha

• Im talking as if a new player were to pick a pt, how easy it would be to get to a higher rank for them
  • Qwjvfiil, That argument is what Jester and I were talking about, and probably the reason he posted this thread.

In my opinion the strategy of this game is more than building skills, its finishing skills as well. You have to take everything into account, and if you finish at the top you are doing it right, if you die before the end, you are doing it wrong.

You can't just say all the good players get killed off because they are a threat. The real good players know when to be a threat and when to fly under the radar.

It's like the game Risk. If you over extend you get smacked down by everyone because you are a threat. You have to take a small continent, 1-2 chokes, build up your defence, make yourself unhittable, then when the big guys finish going kamikaze on each other you move out and win.

If you want to make a Tier list based on what is fun to play, or who is most respected by the community, by all means, go ahead. but if you want to make a Tier list based on skill (the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well) then this:

Tier 1 = top 10
    Tier 2 = 11-30
    Tier 3 = 31-100

is accurate.
  • But a lot of the top kingdoms dont want to survive to the end, and their strategy is to just dominate and smash heads in for a few days then go down in a war.

Surviving to the end isnt a skill, you can login once a day explore build sms on FW and finish top 5 when people are killed in wars easily, that isnt a skill.

A skill is getting to the top before the good players die, in week 1-2 there is actual competition for the top 5 spots.

If you was to play the round with the intention of surviving and building a survival kingdom and didnt finish top 5 id be worried.
  • edited November 2012
    Interesting how everyone doesn't mention activity.....considering I don't login much if at all, I wouldn't fit into any tier. The game is all about activity, stay active, make first/2nd breaks on KTs, get first grabs out of newbie (tick roll), using probes to rob every tick, being online a lot so that people don't rob you. Funny how nobody thought of it...

In other words, a 'skill' as Qwj puts it, is someone with no life.
  • Lmao...

It's a matter of opinion. I happen to think if you don't get kted your useless and should go play FarmVille... This is a war game,not pretty pretty kingdoms.

Tier 1 - Top HoF
    Tier 2 - Top breakers
    Tier 3 - Whores

That is accurate. Playing for rank on a text base,prize-less game is just boring and a waste of time IMO.
  • edited November 2012
    @OnlyInDreams

Thats not accurate at all, because even if you turtle and do really well at it, you will still get multied/ ktd for being a potential threat. So if you you find this bank who maxes your probes, you instead tell other people so they would rob it instead of you, they would do better. Then those players would get killed cause they are doing better than you. Then by your count, the player who did worse would be a better tier than the players who did better than you.

This isn't about endgaming scores where we see ranks based on the archives that could be seen as being a top tier player. If you really want to flaunt your ego so much that you have to have some sort of credibility as a player because you can't do good during early/ midgame compared to other players, then shut the fuck up because you lack credibility in total if you can't manage anything on anyone.

• In other words, a 'skill' as Qwj puts it, is someone with no life.
    Its not though, I could login the same amount as you and still do much much better.