Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling out "Solja"

Comments

• Only played 5 games or so...but that still seems a bit sketch...

If you're in the same alliance, you're probably going to hit the same target from time to time, especially if they're easy land. Alliances share SOMs of open kingdoms, right?

Am I missing something?

I don't think this is as simple as "taking up for cheaters". Who created all of those kingdoms in g3 and why isn't the person responsible dead?? Kesha and those bots make it through whole rounds (apparently he is the person responsible from shrinking this game from 20 galaxies to 2).

There was obviously something more going on than people are willing to admit, because they're standing behind the "moral high ground" of protecting a game - already infected with cheaters - from cheaters.
  • Typical logic of "well theres already cheaters so we shouldnt try to fix it", fuck right off, you do what you can. Why play a game where its cheat vs cheat? Despite the cynics, a lot of us still play legit for the friendly competition :-p so when we see someone farm, yeah we call them out.
  • I'll take some later points first.

How will we know who created those kingdoms? Sure Lynog probably did it but we don't know for sure those kingdoms don't have any IP addresses, and sadly the game benefits from inactives like that at the start with such a small player base.

Yea hitting a KT is ok to interact on thats one thing, but if you know your mate who is on the same connection as you hit it don't hit it you probably will end up dead depending on who ALs. Sometimes to save your kingdom gotta give up a good hit.

Kesha is another subject, sure we could NAP the universe and kill keshas bots for a week or two but his bot will just recreate and all they do usually is feas ton inactives now adays...
  • Only played 5 games or so...but that still seems a bit sketch...

If you're in the same alliance, you're probably going to hit the same target from time to time, especially if they're easy land. Alliances share SOMs of open kingdoms, right?

Am I missing something?

I don't think this is as simple as "taking up for cheaters". Who created all of those kingdoms in g3 and why isn't the person responsible dead?? Kesha and those bots make it through whole rounds (apparently he is the person responsible from shrinking this game from 20 galaxies to 2).

There was obviously something more going on than people are willing to admit, because they're standing behind the "moral high ground" of protecting a game - already infected with cheaters - from cheaters.
    There are a multitude of reasons as to why the game has shrunk so far. The main one is because the Admin is completely inactive.

It depends on the ALs of the round as to if the bots get a beat down or not, though they usually do if they become active. However, you click a checkmark box that states you have read and understand the rules when you create a kingdom. In these rules it states very clearly that if you share an IP address with someone, you are not allowed to interact at all. No same target, nothing.

The thing is, the only thing we have to take it on is you and your friend (who may or may not be you as well) if you share the same IP address and interact. Therefore, the only solution is to kill everyone that breaks the rules. Some cheated in the stricter sense, some just broke the IP interaction rule. Either way, you die.

SK these days is like a monumental game of Werewolf.
  • So thats why kesha and all the bots make it through the whole game? And that is the person who is mostly responsible (from what I gather) for shrinking the size of the game BY A FACTOR OF TEN. Everyone's evidence that the KDs in 2:9 were "cheating" is scant. Especially, since from my understanding one of the kingdoms offered to delete to avoid this bullshit and admitted it was a mistake.

Things that make you go hmm....

And like I said, I could be missing something...I am FAR removed from the politics of this game - and even was when I played over a decade ago.
  • Typical logic of "well theres already cheaters so we shouldnt try to fix it", fuck right off, you do what you can. Why play a game where its cheat vs cheat? Despite the cynics, a lot of us still play legit for the friendly competition :-p so when we see someone farm, yeah we call them out.
    Holding people accountable is important. Like I said I have been guilty in previous rounds. Its how you respond to the accusations that determine the character of a Leader. I can respect the man who says "Yes I screwed up!" in the face of overwhelming facts over the guy who Hides his head so far up his butt that all that comes out of his mouth is crap...deny deny deny. When you have the man who admits his failures, owns them, and learns from them, you have the formation of a leader
  • What organization? As recent as 12 hours ago the AL of Solja was under the impression that I was the leader of DX and messaged me for a ceasefire. I am guessing that's why I got KTed in the first place. Heck, you could randomly point a finger in any DX sector and you'd certainly point to someone who has more influence with DX leadership than me.

Once again, what organization? What plan? This is a ship that not only lacks a capitan but lacks any ability to turn.
  • general policy is both have to be killed there is no one and done policy most of the time atleast
  • And DX probably won't go for this but if it was my alliance, I would farm the sh|t out of Solja and anyone there who doesn't have the prudence to be on their way out. People need to think carefully about who they choose to lead them, his sins are their sins and vice versa.
  • What organization? As recent as 12 hours ago the AL of Solja was under the impression that I was the leader of DX and messaged me for a ceasefire. I am guessing that's why I got KTed in the first place. Heck, you could randomly point a finger in any DX sector and you'd certainly point to someone who has more influence with DX leadership than me.

Once again, what organization? What plan? This is a ship that not only lacks a capitan but lacks any ability to turn.

The exact point I was making....

Its just disgusting. An ran like this would never of even been allowed to be created back in the days Of Mafia and Fenris. No offense to our old friend ER, but Soljas makes one of his alliances look Impressive. (lol I still love you buddy!)
  • edited October 2012
    Pssh, my alliances would have owned any this round. It's quite pathetic. C ya you know my alliances always had clear leadership and could war. Now the leadership was never sane, but hey, at least I had cookies.

(The problem with my alliances is that their visible leader either wasn't active or wouldn't take the cheap paths to victory by either cheating or douchebaggery.)
  • Pssh, my alliances would have owned any this round. It's quite pathetic. C ya you know my alliances always had clear leadership and could war. Now the leadership was never sane, but hey, at least I had cookies.

(The problem with my alliances is that their visible leader either wasn't active or wouldn't take the cheap paths to victory by either cheating or douchebaggery.)
    You know I said that in Good fun... I got fat off of those Cookies ... yum

• Ha I know, and to be honest any alliance I lead after Unimatrix went inactive have all sucked and were meant to suck but be fun. And I do feel that my alliances since then have all be entertaining in some way.
  • The funny thing is, Solja could have won this war. The size difference between DX and Solja isn't terrible, couple that with 6-7 super DW breakers that could hit anyone off the bat and were ready to die, the early state of the game where noobs are on par with vets, the fact that 25% of DX stayed on the sidelines while the other 75% didn't take it seriously for two days and the fact that multiple sectors either discussed or considered leaving. Give me two decent generals to help run the war and the outcome would probably be quite different.

That goes not just for Solja but for Arson and his team, you fellas messed up everything from public pr and politics to actual war strategy and KT survival. Do you know how long a DW with 20k goons can survive at this stage? Practically indefinetly until he losses all the goons in attacks. I was brough down to 200-300 land 4 times and hit for 200 land every time on only 8k goons. You can literally sit on 0 tank defense and still make your opposition waste a god awful amount of wls and they have no choice but to finish you because your offense is still a huge threat.
  • The funny thing is, Solja could have won this war. The size difference between DX and Solja isn't terrible, couple that with 6-7 super DW breakers that could hit anyone off the bat and were ready to die, the early state of the game where noobs are on par with vets, the fact that 25% of DX stayed on the sidelines while the other 75% didn't take it seriously for two days and the fact that multiple sectors either discussed or considered leaving. Give me two decent generals to help run the war and the outcome would probably be quite different.

That goes not just for Solja but for Arson and his team, you fellas messed up everything from public pr and politics to actual war strategy and KT survival. Do you know how long a DW with 20k goons can survive at this stage? Practically indefinetly until he losses all the goons in attacks. I was brough down to 200-300 land 4 times and hit for 200 land every time on only 8k goons. You can literally sit on 0 tank defense and still make your opposition waste a god awful amount of wls and they have no choice but to finish you because your offense is still a huge threat.
    Exactly why I didn't feel sorry for Solja in the first place.

I however would end the war after Budlight is finished.
  • you people actualy read these walls of text?
  • who is mindnra
  • In the game? Mentalist.
  • i find it funny how youre sporting mafia tags but i for one never heard of a mindnra in mafia

trying to find some glory whereever you can i suppose
  • Lol, I don't know if you are being serious or not. I am one of the founding fathers of Mafia. MindNRA was my aim name but I went as Mindstorm.
  • was this before or after the majority of the leadership team was caught cheating?
  • I left after round g15 during these scores:
    1 Mafia 913,221,023 60,881,401
    2 Mafiosi 502,717,992 33,514,532

I ALed the second alliance, my goal of complete universal domination was finally achieved so didn't feel like playing anymore. What happened after I do not know but noone got "caught" prior to that.
  • What happened after I do not know but noone got "caught" prior to that.
    LOL so nobody got caught

but you dont deny it was happening

what a great pedigree you have there running an alliance of cheaters m8

u and DX could go hand in hand
  • We certainly weren't saints and there were some players in Mafia who did cheat, mostly it was our allies xLTx but there were some Mafiosi too. We turned a blind eye on their shenanigans and on certain occasions I defended those players knowing full well what was up. However the core leadership were straight, none of us were top players to begin with and we had no interest in tops anyways.

And I don't regret any part of it. I still stand by my belief that friendship supercedes some forms of cheating. I wouldn't tolerate multi gangbanging or ruining of players rounds but if someone was farming or whatever, I didn't care. It was up to the opposing alliance to find the evidence, if they didn't, they didn't do their job. I certainly will not rat a friend out for those reasons.
  • And all accusations of cheating are just a matter of politics. I don't see you hunting down kesha's bots? Why? Cause who cares. You look for evidence of cheating of your enemies and you bring it to light to receive brownie points in the public eye and support of a common player. Fenris looked for cheaters in Mafia, Mafia looked for cheaters in Fenris, etc eta. You over here posing as this saintly saint attacking DX are simply doing just that, fighting for public opinion to turn versus your enemies.
  • its quite ironic youre now taking potshots at the great fenris when youve just admitted to being a shady player

all credibility lost so who cares what u think
  • And frankly, if you really cared about cheating, you wouldn't be playing starkingdoms. Those who care left a long time ago, the rest are just pretending too when it advances their goals. It has always been in that way since the beggining of this game, the curse of an absent administrator. It also what makes starkingdoms so great at the same time, its resemblance to real life in which all nations are saints and all nations are demons.
  • Funny you say that. Ever took the Vindicators Personality test:
    http://www-und.ida.liu.se/~andli382/skguide/24_sktest.html

I remembered it today and took it again. Obviously I came out as most as myself, Mindstorm. The second most I was as was Elegy. Bunch of people in alliance took the test too, those who came out with Elegy 1st, had me 2nd or vice versa. Clearly when it came down to it, he answered those questions very close to mine.

Fenris and Mafia were not very different, we just represented the dark side of the uni while they were the light side. But everyone knew exactly how the game is played.
  • In the game? Mentalist.
    doh! sry for the hit
  • We never had any intentions of killing you or light, nor the other 2 DW's in there group. Only the 2 with matching IP's. You got yourselves killed protecting people who admitted to breaking the rules.
    Why then, was there aggressive probings on me before I made my first attack? I guess there's a different story being told to dx members than what actually went down. Good strat. Works most of the time.