Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling out "Solja"

CyaCya
edited October 2012 in General
So I have tried not to be involved in the politics of this game for a number of years, because frankly, I'm horrible with it, and haven't played regularly in years. With that being said, I have been playing this game on and off for about 12 years. I speak with some experience here. What I am about to say is going to piss someone off here, and in all likelihood have me killed by my own alliance. By some, I can be called a heretic as well because I have gone rounds where I have not played by the "rules" but my opinion is my opinion in this matter.

Overkill(and "Solja leadership" take notice), before I go on my little rant here, I want you to know something. I respect the fact that you have taken a stand, and have stuck up for your friends. Several of them are people that I have played with in the past and consider friends as well. Kudos to you on this.It is one area that as an AL I think you have shown some promise What I want to speak up about though, is not the choice you have made but the manner in which you have led your alliance from the start of the round. Leadership by example is extremely important. It has been noted that at the start of the round you made some questionable hits on a kd, who by all rights and means was created as an anti-turtle. A perfect kingdom that could be farmed at the start of the round, without being recognized as a "farm" to the naked eye of any experienced player. Taken as a one time occurrence, this could simply be taken as "luck". Unfortunately the following day you were asking for SoM's on a kingdom, that just happens as it turned out to be completely land defense. Again sometimes we get lucky on these things. The thing however that has me concerned is that it was posted in the Public forums here, where your kingdom, and this land defense kingdom appeared in the same news of someone that I believe you eventually hit. I do find this extremely suspicious.

Now since then, I have been kinda in and out, when it comes to the activity of the alliance. Ive tried to make a few hits here and there on the Kill targets, but I have mostly been observing. And this is what I really want to get to at the heart of the matter. The leadership of this "War" with DX has been completely horrendous. In all my years of playing sk I do not believe I have seen a war handled so poorly. Where on earth is the organization? We have had 4 or 5 different Kill targets go up, have had a couple hits, and then the thread gets deleted, and a new one is posted, then deleted again. What on earth is going on? There is no effort to get these guys powerless before attacks occur, no missile teams, no organization whatsoever. In our Alliance forum right now there are several kds up, but no one knows who to go after. Honestly, with the DW breaks that we have had on some of these Kill targets, we should have gone through at least two kingdoms. But instead, Arson, 619, and crew are gone, the morale is next to nothing, kingdoms don't want to make hits, and we have made little progress. We have only "ruined" a few kingdoms round. I realize that "DX" is alot larger then us, but buddy where on earth is the organization, where is our motivation? It just appears that we are a ship lost at sea, hoping for a strong wind to take hold, hoping that it will take us home.

I'm not a guy that typically complains, normally I'm a good little soldier who does what hes told. I am not afraid to give my kingdom up for the alliance I happen to be serving that round. Where I do take issue is giving it up for nothing. I have had one of my best starts this round. I don't intend to waste it. I am in this round for the long haul. But if I am to participate actively for my alliance, and risk losing it all. I want to know that I spent my time, and my kingdom fighting for something worth while. Kill me if you want for this, and calling you out in the Public Forums. Or dig deep, and show some leadership, motivate your men, give a call to arms, and show some leadership. Whatever the reason for a War, weather your on the side getting called out to fight or the side calling out, an alliance without a firm hand, and strong leader will fall. Show some ambition, and some balls, and you will inspire people to follow, even if your stance is not one that follows the "rules".

I hope you find this more motivating then anything else, and If I'm to be killed for speaking out, then I am glad I gave voice to my thoughts. You show some God honest leadership here though, and turn this thing around, I will fight for you despite what I have seen. And so will the member of your alliance. The choice is yours.

Comments

• Cliffnotes plz
  • No1 in solja needs to die. We never wanted any1 other then the cheaters dead. Protecting them will just get your name added to the list.
  • Well that was a wall of text...

Short hand, if you guys are going to defend cheaters and start a real war, don't half ass it.

Is that the general idea of this cya?
  • edited October 2012
    post count plus 1
  • edited October 2012
    Nice speech and you are on point except that they broke the rules. HG always marks 3 or 4 KT's at a time. He is used to bots backing him. I'm thinking he doesn't realize it. Anyways any first breaker during a KT on Cya I'll fuck ur kingdom up I promise.
  • Also, do we even know who the AL of Solja is?
  • Budkight i reckon. I skimmed the post and see you brought up again how this Overflow fellow farmed a couple free land KDs. That shit slid under the rug :)
  • Weather the rules were broken or not is not really the point of this, Scars pretty much has the Jist of it. If were going to war, lets make it worth something, regardless of the positions taken. Half assing it just is a waste of Good kingdoms, and peoples time
  • edited October 2012
    Seriously, the game just started and the leadership has turned it into the fast food alliance.
  • I'm in Solja too, and I agree with everything you wrote. The leadership seems to be fucked and no-one can be bothered with any of the KT's. Can we just end this war already because no-one cares? I mean, I made a couple of hits on KT's considering I'm in the alliance, but I just don't care at all about a war which is pointless and makes it look as though I condone 619's actions.
  • Budkight i reckon. I skimmed the post and see you brought up again how this Overflow fellow farmed a couple free land KDs. That shit slid under the rug :)
    You got it.

Listen, I know this game has gone to hell, and people farm, multi, friend farm,and whatever. I've been guilty of it myself. But when called out on it, I've taken ownership and have acknowledged that has occurred. Its part of accepting responsibility and In a case such as this, I think it owning up to it would make a better leader out of the guy. Honestly, I just don't care what happens in this game anymore because it will never be what it was, at least to the point of how people grow, that's their own issue, and ultimately they have to deal with the fact that their successes are legit or not. But where my Kingdom is on the line I expect that they would be all in. I don't want to fight for someone who is in it half ass.
  • I'm in Solja too, and I agree with everything you wrote. The leadership seems to be fucked and no-one can be bothered with any of the KT's. Can we just end this war already because no-one cares? I mean, I made a couple of hits on KT's considering I'm in the alliance, but I just don't care at all about a war which is pointless and makes it look as though I condone 619's actions.
    Thanks for speaking up bro. I appreciate that.
  • If the AL wants to get on aim, message gbpackersf04. I'm not the AL, but I think cobras is tied up atm.
  • look light is AL and has done what he wanted from the start. When everything went down there was no VAL or moderator. i simply contacted his gf to direct her through giving me mod powers. know the 6 dws had to go i decided to knock there players down from top ranks. and not waste the time of my mates fighting a war they couldnt win. i wanted no fails so all who hlpd grew and picked fresh targets who were larger in land to fatten the boys up. finishing a kd offrequires more than i was willing to ask. No being al i couldnt disband. And was going get lights gf n a fight over it. in sfs i told u he was unresponsive to txt n calls
  • yea then you did a shitty job, hurting a select few makes teh masses angry and leads to your downfall and the alliances downfall
  • We never had any intentions of killing you or light, nor the other 2 DW's in there group. Only the 2 with matching IP's. You got yourselves killed protecting people who admitted to breaking the rules.
  • well i disbanded hopefully light will himself and the alliance
  • So you just farmed out 1800 land with war bonus? Brilliant.
  • lol, he knew that there was no reason to fight the inevitable.
  • Bragging about fighting a alliance half your size? Wow very nice
    How about being stupid enough to try to fight the alliance twice your size? I know which side I'd rather say I'm on. And wasn't really bragging about the alliance, just pointing out the fact that he didn't even try to fight losing his KD. Couldn't even show the balls to make us work for it. Terrible leadership.
  • Overflow, you just justified everything I said in my above post. There are a lot of people who put their trust in you and light, and to take the easy road out by disbanding was the cowards way out. My post was really meant as a means to light a fire under your butt so you would preform. You will have a hard time earning my trust in future rounds. The alliance is now left to disband, and in all likelihood be farmed off by the rest of the universe. I hope that there are lessons to be learned by all here.

I am extremely dissapointed.
  • Bragging about fighting a alliance half your size? Wow very nice
    How about being stupid enough to try to fight the alliance twice your size? I know which side I'd rather say I'm on. And wasn't really bragging about the alliance, just pointing out the fact that he didn't even try to fight losing his KD. Couldn't even show the balls to make us work for it. Terrible leadership.
    Sometimes people can take a stance for what they believe in. And if the activity and leadership is right, David can beat Goliath. This however was not one of those times, and the overall way it was handled on Solja's end was the most disgusting display of leadership I have seen in all my years. And the way that its ending is even worse.
  • I've known overflow (in real life) for years - he isn't a cheater. Anyway, the reason you all went to "war" with Solja was sketchy. I play this game with a friend of mine - am I going to be KT by an IP match??? seriously? If you're in the same alliance with someone, you're probably going to see SOMs in the alliance forums, am I wrong??
  • edited October 2012
    I've known overflow (in real life) for years - he isn't a cheater. Anyway, the reason you all went to "war" with Solja was sketchy. I play this game with a friend of mine - am I going to be KT by an IP match??? seriously? If you're in the same alliance with someone, you're probably going to see SOMs in the alliance forums, am I wrong??
    if you ip match and interact on the same target yes be observant

and no one said anything about overflow being a cheater just a idiot who protected rule breakers
  • I've seem people accuse him of "farming" - which i know is a form of cheating.
  • The IP matching is not what I am trying to get at in this thread. If you would note I actually give kudos for sticking up for his friends and alliance mates as an example of something he did that I admire to some extent. Its his own actions, and the leadership that I take issue with. When it comes down it, in the end, some people are leaders, and some people are better in a supporting role. Overflow, I believe is the latter.
  • I've seem people accuse him of "farming" - which i know is a form of cheating.
    He did just farm out his kingdom by disbanding during a kt and i suppose letting his alliance get first hits
  • The IP matching is not what I am trying to get at in this thread. If you would note I actually give kudos for sticking up for his friends and alliance mates as an example of something he did that I admire to some extent. Its his own actions, and the leadership that I take issue with. When it comes down it, in the end, some people are leaders, and some people are better in a supporting role. Overflow, I believe is the latter.
    well said cya
  • You realize its not just DX accusing him of farming? Its his own alliance mates who are questioning it. He made several early round hits on "anti turtles and Land D" targets to gain a big land lead.
  • didnt bother to read