Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DT just beat SB! Starcraft 2

2»

Comments

• SC2 is solid, the custom scenarios are hella fun too. I played a fair amount of it in the first few months, but as all my other games, life is too busy to play them. Mobile games and shit like SK are really all that I have time for.

If you find you have time to play an hour or two of videogames, SC2 is good stuff. The campaign is even quite enjoyable :)
  • civilization 5 is where its at
  • Btw, you know we keep calling SilentButterfly SB, but in Chinese, SB = shabi which loosely translates to 'fucking retard'....if you look on Chinese forums/blogs/microblogs, they always use 'SB' to insult someone.
  • who cares about the chinese
  • edited June 2012
    civilization 5 is where its at
    Thats the buggiest game Ive ever played I absolutely hate it. The AI is terrible it barely exists. In fact that may be an overstatement as Ive played games where the AI founded a city and built nothing else. My favorite is when every city state starts next to you so you kill half the first turn the rest the second. Most of the bugs they patched were from me ripping them a new one and their shills failing to jump on the grenade in time. The DLC is crazy if you bought this whole mess with expansion thats almost 200 and they will keep on doing it. 2k hates me I busted their shills pretending to be customers. The game was dumbed down to appeal to children. When the lead designer quit I went to his new company forum where he was straight cracking jokes. He had to tell everyone he wouldnt screw that game up too and just did what 2k asked. True BTS fans wont be caught dead on that joke of a civ game.
  • it certainly misses a bunch of stuff, civ 4 is definitely more deep, more complex and more fun, though the ai in civ 4 was beyond piss poor compared to civ 5

I guess the new expansion coming out this week for civ 5 includes religion, which will be nice, and provide some more deep strategies

I consider myself pretty good in civ 5, civ 4 and civ 3, played those pretty extensively, only thing that sucked is when I play civ 4, it just ends and there is never ever ever a long end game, unlike with civ 5 which can happen if both/ some parties play smart enough

as the saying goes:
    civ 5 is building an empire to support your army
    civ 4 is building an army to support your empire

and I have yet to see someone other than me beat deity standard size 7 player occ cultural win :-p, I remember some people offered money for such a replay, sux I wrote ontop of the game
  • edited June 2012
    who cares about the chinese
    Everyone but you jackass redneck. :)

and Civ 4 > Civ 5.

and Civ 4 > Civ 5.
    yes yes we all know your chinese now stop wasting time on here and go back to building our iPhones
  • this is what you should be doing instead of SK. Bitches need their NIKES now chop chop
  • kekekekekekeke
  • edited June 2012
    it certainly misses a bunch of stuff, civ 4 is definitely more deep, more complex and more fun, though the ai in civ 4 was beyond piss poor compared to civ 5
    The AI is definitely not better but the main difference was multiplayer not working at all.

Here's a collection of random bs I screenshotted during my journey to figure out wtf happened to my favorite game.

http://fightclubua.com/images/Civ/

Only click this is if you are really bored and understand the game. If you click and wonder who Dale is he's a creator of some very popular mods. I screen shotted all that to show how he can troll to his hearts content, and that he was in fact one of their shills. They had that place on lock down they'd ban any criticism for the first few months then they lightened up enough for me to jump him. Civfanatics was the same way you couldn't criticize the game or Dale who kept trying to insist he was just a regular player on 2k but not on fanatics where we already knew better. I screwed him all up with those screens that 5 page rant of his was right after I posted about him. If you look at that screenshot he was hoping I'd troll and I just left him hanging. Then the torches and pitchforks started beating down his door it was hilarious. He hates me.

and Civ 4 > Civ 5.
    yes yes we all know your chinese now stop wasting time on here and go back to building our iPhones
    We put spytrackers on your iPhones, I get to use the facetime to look at your girlfriend masturbating cos you can't satisfy her enough. And in 10 years time, we will shoot nukes at you from the moon.

:)

xx
  • silly asains have to dream big cuz we know you can grow em big
  • edited June 2012
    silly asains have to dream big cuz we know you can grow em big
    Im envious of your small cock...mine is so big I feel sorry for you guys. Here let me donate some penis pumps your way.
  • made in china no less
  • multiplayer works now, just steam sometimes d/c's
    AI in terms of war is better, which is why civ 5 > civ 4 :-p
  • okay nvm i cant bs this i dont even know why i said civ 5 had better ai than civ 4 lol

totally false in every regard
  • edited June 2012
    Yea remember civ 5 made it so u dont need transports they got extemly lazy. All units walk across the map. The ai just cheats at higher levels its still inept. I am still believing the entire game was coded then someone cut out parts for future dlc. I think thats why it had so many bugs. Schafer prolly took all of that blame as the fall guy. What he gave us was a board game called Panzer General not Civilization. He did a great job making that its just not what was advertised and you have to tweak settings to play this hidden game which Schafer loved. They tried to dress it up like Civ. You could see the functions for religion day one. The second it was pointed out they released a patch removing all of this to cover their tracks. Two years later they want to sell it as an expansion. I know my civ I was on the front line gunning for them after release.

If you would like to play Panzer General remove city state choose the highest difficulty and play against only one civ. Schafer admitted to this during interviews. This is what the AI was programmed for so brace yourself. It will come at you bro. Also the less water the better the AI just gets confused and for the most part thinks it is on land. Any game where my bow and arrow fires farther than my rifle is broken.
  • could say the same of spearmen taking out tanks/ helicopters in early civs :-p
  • edited June 2012
    Those guys had lots of experience and it was rare but yes AI is far from perfect on any of those games. The biggest failure of Civ 5 that it can not overcome is that it's Panzer General. Google the screen shots of the game. It is however arguable that Civilization ripped that game off from the start. Also, some people like 1up I think it's stupid in Civ. That is a feature of Panzer General and it works well playing one civilization as was intended. The best game that Sid Meier made was Alpha Centauri. Every time Brian Reynolds assisted him it was a golden age.
  • alpha centauri is basically civ 3 just spacey, civ 4 is the best one for me
  • edited June 2012
    Every unit in AC was customizable and the leaders had distinct personalities. It had the best AI of any of the games. My favorite nukes aka planet busters would turn the land to ocean. You could colonize the oceans and the swarms were crazy hard to beat back. EA owns the rights thats why it wasnt remade.
  • -_-

I was so happy to see that people have posted in my thread. And was about to read. But then realized everything was just spam.

T.T sadddd.

• What I want to see is more laughing at SB.
    kkthx
  • lol

this thread is awesome, but... for some reason i dunno why but i wanna buy some soccer cleats now
  • I like this talk about old games.

I think we can all agree that new games have nothing on the classics.