Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SKATO is back, updated for R46

edited October 2011 in Game Talk
http://skato.darknovagames.com/
Whoops, didn't mean to leave it offline for so long. It's back up, with round 46 values in it. Apparently there's no other calculators that work at the moment?

Also, the decline seems to be slowing. Any fresh blood recently? Or is it still just growing stale?

Cheers
- Natso

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I've been using Holo's and its been working just fine. I suppose I'll edit my copy of SK Tools to include SKATO again alongside Holo's of course. Thanks for getting yours back up and running.
  • Nice work friend.

It's good seeing a familar face.
  • Lots of new players have been running free past few rounds without any idea how to play this game. Makes it easy for us older folks.
  • I've been using Holo's and its been working just fine. I suppose I'll edit my copy of SK Tools to include SKATO again alongside Holo's of course. Thanks for getting yours back up and running.
    Cool! SK Tools is a firefox plugin, right?

The crash was due to a backup issue. The faulty backup system (which didn't actually make a backup, even though it was logged) caused the loss of our entire server when we went to restore the (empty) backup. We've changed providers to a cloud service... which also offers more reliable backup (and full, off-site backup). I don't expect SKATO will have any more problems soon.
    Nice work friend.

It's good seeing a familar face.
    Likewise, its nice to come back and still see you guys are around.
    Lots of new players have been running free past few rounds without any idea how to play this game. Makes it easy for us older folks.
    Nice. I doubt multi-ing will go away but has botting decreased? I might consider playing next round after all...

Cheers
    - Natso
  • What about SK tools in regards to the constantly updated firefox versions? :P
  • edited October 2011
    I've been using Holo's and its been working just fine. I suppose I'll edit my copy of SK Tools to include SKATO again alongside Holo's of course. Thanks for getting yours back up and running.
    Cool! SK Tools is a firefox plugin, right?

The crash was due to a backup issue. The faulty backup system (which didn't actually make a backup, even though it was logged) caused the loss of our entire server when we went to restore the (empty) backup. We've changed providers to a cloud service... which also offers more reliable backup (and full, off-site backup). I don't expect SKATO will have any more problems soon.
    Yeah, SKTools is the ext made by Beans, which was originally made by Cere4l. SKTools originally had SKATO as the default Attack Calc but I changed the ext recently since it was down.

BTW, SKATO is working perfectly:
    October 14, 05:14:37 Spy on Military The probes have come back with a report that is 100% accurate:

Home Leader War Leader #1 War Leader #2 War Leader #3 War Leader #4
    Status AVAILABLE (0) AVAILABLE (0) AVAILABLE (0) AVAILABLE (0) AVAILABLE (0)
    Soldiers 190 0 0 0 0
    Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Dragoons 1,657 0 0 0 0
    Fighters 0 0 0 0 0
    Laser Troopers 0 0 0 0 0
    Laser Dragoons 7,470 0 0 0 0
    Tanks 3,898 0 0 0 0
    Tactical Fighters 0 0 0 0 0
    October 14, 05:15:18 Spy on Shields The probes have come back with a report that is 100% accurate:

Shield Type Energy Used per hour Percent
    Probe Defense 4,100 20%
    Military Defense 2,900 10%
    Missile Defense 500 13%
    October 14, 05:15:26 Spy on Research The probes have come back with a report that is 100% accurate:

Research Name Number of Points Percent
    Population Bonus 15,000 20%
    Power Bonus 9,069 50%
    Military Bonus 9,460 30%
    Battle Info
    ATK bonuses 126%
    ATK strength 388916
    Tanks breakable 33240
    DEF bonuses 130%
    DEF strength 98909
    DEF in tanks 8453

Send These Troops
    Soldiers 0
    Troops 0
    Dragoons 0
    Fighters 0
    Tanks 8723
    Tactical Fighters 0
    *Planet Gain 117
    I sent exactly 8723 tanks, no overkill what so ever.
    Mission Success
    (October 14, 05:17:10)
    Spoils
    Planets: 117
    Platinum: 29,196
    Civilians: 959
    Energy: 19,320

Honor: 0

Our scans report that we killed about 360 enemy units.

Your forces arrive and find themselves evenly matched against the enemy's defenses. A great battle begins, each side after one thing: victory. The smoke settles and the enemy begins retreating. The victory is yours.
  • Jeez you have some balls sending no overkill :-D
  • edited October 2011
    Actually, the last time Natso was around we tested it thoroughly. I've had confidence in SKATO since then. I just wanted to be sure again and help out by "testing" again. Besides, it's been a long time since I actually competed for a score. Thanks for the compliment none the less! lol =P

BTW, the way he has it set up, if I were to send 1 tank less, I would have failed. So its accurate to +/- 9 ATK Points (I could be mistaken but that's the number I remember).
  • edited October 2011
    Jeez you have some balls sending no overkill :-D
    I haven't sent overkill since round 19. Or wait... I made SKAT back in round 17. You still send overkill?

Yeah, SKTools is the ext made by Beans, which was originally made by Cere4l. SKTools originally had SKATO as the default Attack Calc but I changed the ext recently since it was down.

BTW, SKATO is working perfectly:
    I sent exactly 8723 tanks, no overkill what so ever.
    Mission Success
    Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation!

You're making me all nostalgic now, too. I might HAVE to play next round, now. Dammit.
    Actually, the last time Natso was around we tested it thoroughly. I've had confidence in SKATO since then. I just wanted to be sure again and help out by "testing" again. Besides, it's been a long time since I actually competed for a score. Thanks for the compliment none the less! lol =P

BTW, the way he has it set up, if I were to send 1 tank less, I would have failed. So its accurate to +/- 9 ATK Points (I could be mistaken but that's the number I remember).
    Oh yeah, I remember doing that! I think I had done it before, as well, but it wasn't publicly documented. And you are correct. The closest we tested for (and the closest I've tested for in the past) is +/- 9 ATK Points accuracy. SKATO intentionally adds 1 point to the defender's total, in order to break ties (because I'm unsure if a tie goes to the attacker or defender), so I'm pretty confident SKATO is accurate to +/-2 Points, really, but nobody cares about that much detail, right? Also, I always send zero overkill (and only ever fail by human error while entering numbers or forgetting bonuses)... I wouldn't recommend others send zero if I didn't do it myself all the time.

Cheers
    - Natso
  • Sweet. I haven't calc'd a hit all round but glad to know it will be up if I need it now.

Does Chrome not allow plugins? I made the switch from firefox a few months ago and am really missing sktools.
  • Botting has gone down to a minimum. Also I normally send around .5% overkill but no more then 1%.
  • Still down for me somehow.
  • negneg
    edited October 2011
    Chrome does allow plugins

I am actually testing a universal scanner for Chrome this round.
  • Hey natso good to see you and your calc back. I just wanted to point out one thing about it though. A long time ago I made an excel calc and found that it was producing the same results as your calc, however there was still one bug in it. (I was debating hosting my own but when I saw the results I realized it would be redundant.) This related to the attacking when the attacker was powerless and there was war status (or could just be when the attacker was powerless. I forget). I cannot remember if this was corrected. It's been about 1.5-2 years ago I think. I can't even remember what I did to fix it on mine. It may be that the powerless statistic for attacking and war was added at a DIFFERENT time or something. I don't remember. I do remember though that when I was WGing Mischevious during that time we had several people fail when those conditions occurred. I can't remember if this was remedied or not.
  • edited October 2011
    Hey Mal, I remember we tested it pretty well. I don't recall exactly what Natso did to fix it but it was fixed. I do remember that whatever it was made 5% difference in terms of the attack/defense bonus. It's been a while so my memory is foggy.
  • Powerless was being miscalced in a way that attacking a powerless sent more than needed (so it was undetected) but attack while powerless was deficient (but not easily detected).

Oh, and we did fix it. Omnifarious was a great help at that time, as he had the resources and the mind to help me test and confirm the accuracy of SKATO in such specific conditions. Thanks for letting me know though, and let me know if any other mischievous bugs show up.
  • skato is by far the most reliable attack calc