Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3

edited May 2012 in General
Is awesome. Discuss.

Comments

• is it 3rd person? Or did they remake it like Fallout?
  • 3rd person as far as I know
  • So not a top down view like in the old days. The ads look good for it. I'd be down to play it if it was ported to SexBox
  • D2 sux'd, if d3 is better I may look into it
  • Lol first time i saw them do an advert for it....
  • will it be ported?
  • I have a teamspeak server running for D3. Let me know if you want the details for connecting to it.
  • I've been playing a lot, played with flazer so far. He and I and a friend of mine were just about to beat act 4 when the latest disconnect happened
  • D3 sucks...stupid online singleplayer only. Fuck that shit.
  • Wait singleplayer only?

Lol garbage game hahahahah
  • edited May 2012
    There is online co-op and multiplayer. The big issue is that you have to be online to play single player as well, there is no offline play, which when working right is something you don't even notice anyway (i played for 4hrs last night and not a single error). I will say one thing though, Normal difficulty is much more forgiving than it was in D2, automated checkpoints and not losing your gear when you die (at least before level 10 that i've experienced) really help keep the pace of the game up and stop it from feeling too grindy which is a boon for non-hardcore players like me.
  • I wish they would port this now. They have the ads on XBOX Live and even a 10 minute short movie explaining the Angel and Demon war.
  • They will be adding PVP to Diablo 3 soon, though. And there is already multiplayer co-op.
  • scis teamspeak server is tameeeee
    Its cos teamspeak is shit. Either mumble or ventrilo ya noobs.
    You are fucking retarded.
    And you know fuckall.
  • *randomly walks in*

Yeah, me and a couple of friend's took the week off from work and had "Diablo week."

Dreading going back to work on Monday.....
    Remember...work = life and life = hardcore mode. You don't get a second chance if you decide to go rampaging with your blade.
  • I was going to buy this yesterday even deposited some to do it. After reading the reviews on metacritic I cant do it. This game got blasted with 0s all over.
  • I honestly wouldn't take metacritic seriously. There are a lot of hardcore rp'ers out there who are upset with the changes; skill point allocation, drop system. In all honesty, they made d3 as simple as they could. No need for ridiculous binds, or heavy potion reliance, hell tp's are gone to. That is rubbing people the wrong way, I for one say bring on the new changes. Let gold actually mean something this time around, and abolish petty sites such as d2jsp.
  • I honestly wouldn't take metacritic seriously. There are a lot of hardcore rp'ers out there who are upset with the changes; skill point allocation, drop system. In all honesty, they made d3 as simple as they could. No need for ridiculous binds, or heavy potion reliance, hell tp's are gone to. That is rubbing people the wrong way, I for one say bring on the new changes. Let gold actually mean something this time around, and abolish petty sites such as d2jsp.
    Yeah agree on the gold thing. but the rest i felt they ruined it compared to d2.
  • I've never said this about any game, but I feel like I'm destroying PC gaming by purchasing it. You have to be online to play this. I don't want the rest of the industry to follow their lead.
  • I've never said this about any game, but I feel like I'm destroying PC gaming by purchasing it. You have to be online to play this. I don't want the rest of the industry to follow their lead.
    Thank you.
  • edited May 2012
    wait...i thought almost all games did that now? I know total war does to a degree and others do
  • 2 reasons why D3 does this. (maybe 3)

Im actually writing about it in my dissertation.

1st reason: DRM...by allowing more patrol of copies being played.
    2nd reason: D3 has a new live market system where you can buy and sell goods for real world cash. Obviously people used to cheat like hell on D2 to get items so they could play with their friends and do missions with ease. New market system means they need to track how everyone is playing and without it all saved client side, they can monitor cheating server side.
    3rd (iffy) reason: Its cloud gaming eventually. Well elements of it. Also Blizzard has the most experience of modern day game publishers in the online gaming world. They're just trying to virtual everything. Give D3 a more, MMORPG feel to it.
    And you know fuckall.
    Ventrilo doesn't support Linux. Hmm... NOPE!

Mumble has no real working Android App.

Maybe when it does I'll switch my server to Mumble instead of Teamspeak, but for now it stays TS3.

Ventrilo is a pile of shit.
  • WHATEVER TEAMSPEAK FANBOY!!!!!!!!11111
    And you know fuckall.
    Ventrilo doesn't support Linux. Hmm... NOPE!

Mumble has no real working Android App.

Maybe when it does I'll switch my server to Mumble instead of Teamspeak, but for now it stays TS3.

Ventrilo is a pile of shit.
    The quality of TS is shit. And who gives a fuck if Vent supports Linux or not. Us in the real world use WINDOWS or MAC. Only arrogant pricks use Linux (though I do have Ubuntu and Mac OSX triple booted....).

TS is very grainy and its interface is horrid. Vent has been the most reliable, notice why most game servers use Vent. Most hosting sites provide Vent for a small fee when you buy a server or TS for free...a small fee is charged because Vent is WORTH IT. And Mumble...who gives a shit that it doesnt work on Android...we play on our PCs not our Phones. Mumble's quality is poor but for the fact that its free is all that matters.
  • you dont know what you are talking about lews