Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft on Xbox

2»

Comments

• nice! I saw a mod for Fallout where the character you play as is where a really awesome Space Marine Armour. Someone put a lot of time into the armour design
  • I never bought skyrim for pc. I probably should have, bought it for 360 instead though :( there is no such thing as a mod for 360 apparently haha
  • I didn't play the first or second Mass Effect games. I bought the third recently on 360.

The story seems mildly captivating (i understand that i'm less immersed due to not having played the first two).

The game play is ordinary: it's not as easy as it should be to jump over walls while sprinting; with no standard jump action, it's too easy to get stuck again small objects at your feet (e.g. the bottom of a ramp); and I haven't found a way to properly watch where you're sprinting (e.g. if you turn left, the camera basically stays straight). The actual combat situations are growing on me as I learn how to more effectively take cover and perform evasive manoeuvres, as well as get used to the weapons and abilities.

The graphics are decent but didn't meet the expectation of the hype.

The cut scenes have poor timing. Most of the scenes have noticeably large pauses numerous times between when characters switch who's talking. They're not done for dramatic effect, they're just slow, poorly executed cinematics.

I will probably buy Halo CE before getting Halo 4. I thought Reach was very impressive, but it was the first FPS I bought on 360.
  • edited May 2012
    I don't know if it was nation-wide or just in Canberra, but Harvey Norman recently had an insane sale on games. They said it was limited to two games each but they didn't enforce it. Unfortunately, I didn't try to get more than two games :p
    The sale prices were better than what offered on ozgameshop.com.

Edit: but yea, other than that sale, Aus prices are insane!
  • Halo CE for PC was amazing due to the crazy modding communities making insane maps. Lol they even made bots :)
  • We talking about the new Halo CE???
  • We talking about the new Halo CE???
    No no...the old PC Halo. Are they making a new Halo CE for PC too? or just console. As Halo never really tapped the PC market.
  • It was called the Halo CE Anniversary Edition. Runs on the Reach Engine but can be switched to the old engine instantly if you wanted it to. I am pretty sure it hit the PC also
  • It was called the Halo CE Anniversary Edition. Runs on the Reach Engine but can be switched to the old engine instantly if you wanted it to. I am pretty sure it hit the PC also
    Nope. PC havent seen Halo since Halo 2 in 2007.
  • Ooh, I thought you (Lews) were talking about the anniversary addition.
  • Ooh, I thought you (Lews) were talking about the anniversary addition.
    Oh no no. Well I'd like to play Halo CE AE but the bastards dont port it for PC. The one game that I actually want ported...they don't. Stupid Xbox...