Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIP Chester Bennington

edited July 2017 in General
Lead singer of Linkin Park has died in an apparent suicide. All of you might not be fans but he had some amazing vocals and we lost another of the great ones today.

Comments

• Crazy. I threw on some LP yesterday when I read the news. Love their stuff.
  • :( he was coming to town soon too!!
  • I always liked LP and I felt bad when I heard, until
    I read he had 6 kids, who he's left fatherless.... selfish cunt.
  • Yeah. he left a large family behind. but that's not the issue here. if some one is that far into depression he probably talked to someone but the didn't take him seriously.
  • Just from personal experience of having a family member do this, they aren't thinking about anyone but themselves, and how to end the pain that they are in. They are not in the mindset to think about the pain they are causing to anyone else, it isn't even a thought to them.

Wouldn't really say it's selfish because they aren't doing it on purpose.
  • insightful and deep. thanks for that. it's hard for people to understand the mindset of someone that's ended their own life.
  • Suicide = Selfish, immature act.

Grow up and be a MAN, i do not have any remorse, that Chester made a suicide.
    Poor kids, who will have to grow up without a father.
  • edited July 2017
    Suicide = Selfish, immature act.

Grow up and be a MAN, i do not have any remorse, that Chester made a suicide.
    Poor kids, who will have to grow up without a father.
    Your way of thinking is one of many things wrong with modern society mindset
  • ...and what is wrong about that?
    Let's be emos and cry about everything around us?

I am from family of 5 children, we lived in 2 room apartment together, i wore clothes of my older siblings. We have worse lives than Chester had, but he has the right to suicide?

Fuck him,
    I work, i pay taxes, my father and my mother will live of my taxes, my children will grow, they will live their lives, they will pay for my retirement, they will make children of their own, to do it on their own.

Suicide = immature act of selfishness, of a sick person who doesn't think of other people. That is all.

(PS. I am talking as a person who has suicider in a close family, not my closest tho )
  • edited July 2017
    Because society deems mental issues as a weakness... when he was talking about his issues ppl talked shit about him, called him a pussy, they threw the fact he was successful and financially stable in his face.

Depression is something society refuses to work with, they'd rather sweep it under the rug and talk ill of anyone struggling with it. I've known people with mental disorders, a few ended their lives, some self medicated and overdosed and some powered through with help from family n friend's! The biggest issue I've observed isn't necessarily how the disease affected themselves but more their family, no man wants to be a asshole to his kid's, wife etc and know that they're struggling / hurt bc of them... Its not always black n white but sure fuck him! Do you find humor in somebody hacking Chesters wife's twitter and posted things like "hey bad time but I've been fucking Mike behind Chesters back" "glad he's dead" etc?

All the Military vets that committed suicide, do you deem them weak and selfish?
  • Suicide = immature act of selfishness, of a sick person who doesn't think of other people, who are close to them. That is all.
  • Really?

Totally off topic here but if a 11 year old commits suicide because they're bullied every day at school, are they immature and selfish?
  • Really?

Totally off topic here but if a 11 year old commits suicide because they're bullied every day at school, are they immature and selfish?
    i dont think he ment that.

i do also agree its selfish in a lot of cases, but it depends on the case. for children this most certainly does not count.

• Suicide = immature act of selfishness, of a sick person who doesn't think of other people, who are close to them. That is all.
    Usually when I suicide i actually do it to help the people close to me by letting them farm me. Your definition sucks!