Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how did you hear about SK?

edited July 2017 in General
I was told about it by someone who played the v1 beta I joined way back during the 3rd round.

The guy who told me about SK, played 2 rounds total then quit lol. I told him recently I still play, he replied "why...? And is that still going...!"

Comments

• I started in alpha 2 was say first round
    I found the game published some where when I was looking for strategy games
    I was around 14 at this time (30 now) I played for maybe 4 rounds then I was banned from my Internet provider for 4 years so I took a break as I couldn't get on Internet

Then started to play again when I was 22
  • I started when I was 21. (38 now).
  • googled free online game as a 10 year old
  • A friend in my grade 8 history class showed it to me during recess. That was when I was 13/14, 28 now.

In fact he and I still talk, and I've even mentioned SK to him a few times, though I don't think he's played recently at all.
  • Cousin wayyyyy back in the day think he played 2 rounds I stuck around
  • edited July 2017
    Was 8 years old when my 18 year old brother showed me. Played on and off since then, about to turn 20 now. I remember my first time, I spent all my newbie cash on nuclear missles before I understood the game. My brother laughed and said I was going to get rolled.
  • Neighbors that were quite a bit older then me got me into it when I was around 9 or 10. Been playing on and off since. I'm 25 now.
  • Was 8 years old when my 18 year old brother showed me. Played on and off since then, about to turn 20 now. I remember my first time, I spent all my newbie cash on nuclear missles before I understood the game. My brother laughed and said I was going to get rolled.
    nothings changed then I guess
  • Can't fucking remember.
  • Started playing at the end of Game 4 and my first full round was Game 5, probably back in the 6th or 7th grade. I remember the first attack I ever made I suicided on someone and got destroyed lol.
  • My first grabs were so stupid. I just made tanks and Troops, and used a quarter of each per wl. (Over 4 separate hits).

Then I discovered Sox, and since calculation of grabs were easy I made a simple excel spreadsheet for an attack calc.
  • So much could be said about your post.
  • I first played it back in 2002 for a week on a practica at university , knowing it from my older brother.
    Later started playing it in university during my studies I think it was 2011.
    But I not played all rounds and never did any dumb attacks :)
  • edited July 2017
    school mate told me about the game and we played this at the library, i hardly spoke any english, played a round or 2 and then faded away, came back year or 2 later and then i was hooked. first round was about 18 years ago.

also i have not played in like 2-3 years i think :P i might try a round or 2 during winter unless im busy with wörk.
  • I was 15 the year was 2000, everyone is school was playing. Played for a yr or so, came back maybe 5 yrs ago and been here since.
  • Started game 6 v 1.0. Me and a friend were looking for an online game to play and stumbled across SK via random internet search for freeware games. "played" every rd since
  • I was 15 the year was 2000, everyone is school was playing. Played for a yr or so, came back maybe 5 yrs ago and been here since.
    Yeah, i remember something about the IP matches and people going mad accusing you all of being multi's when you were all accessing via the computer lab.
  • I had a buddy in high school that found a game that wasn't blocked. I asked about the game he said it's easy. just have lots of power and population and everything else follows. That was my freshman year. I'm 30 now. I think he quit shortly after I started. If anyone went to Aberdeen weatherwax high school. lmk. lol.

Been playing off and on since. I'm getting a control of my rage quitting problem lol

Blood rage quit again. ..
    it's been 2 weeks already? he will be back on tomorrow
  • Haha I played on dial up! !
  • Started game 6 v 1.0. Me and a friend were looking for an online game to play and stumbled across SK via random internet search for freeware games. "played" every rd since
    Your the worst player in sk history
    People say hazza is bad but you my friend take the biscuit.
    Your only purpose is a bank

• Bout, I'm still the worst current player... Right?
    Your the worst player in sk history
    People say hazza is bad but you my friend take the biscuit.
    Your only purpose is a bank

Too much, too much. Haha honestly though, for rounds now I haven't seen Tetra active past MAYBE 1200 land.
  • This thread is solid gold.
  • I keep seeing Tetra and he usually a perfect grab for me but I don't cuz we go back haha
  • I don't care, Viva is probably right. Yeah I start out decent enough but then lose interest and just mess around. I wouldn't say worst player ever but I definitely am more than likely the worst "active" player around due to me not really caring too much about the game like I should. I'm definitely one of the cleanest records here in SK with no history of cheating so I guess that's a plus. I'd rather suck and mind my own business than be good and be flamed every minute.
  • gay authors.org. No, that's not a joke.
  • gay authors.org. No, that's not a joke.
    is that one word?
  • Moonlight told me about this game said he needed someone to take care of one of his many kingdoms and i was like well fuck it why not.
  • I don't care, Viva is probably right. Yeah I start out decent enough but then lose interest and just mess around. I wouldn't say worst player ever but I definitely am more than likely the worst "active" player around due to me not really caring too much about the game like I should. I'm definitely one of the cleanest records here in SK with no history of cheating so I guess that's a plus. I'd rather suck and mind my own business than be good and be flamed every minute.
    I never understood how people can sign up and just play casually. What do you get out of it? The fun for me is trying to outbuild everyone els then rolling them and getting a reaction. Sure back in the day it was different because you could play to help your alliance, but logging in now a days without a purpose/goal would feel like a chore to me. That's why if I don't have the time to fully dedicate myself to a kingdom, I either won't play or just load my bot up because that takes minimal effort.

• Read my PM please :)