Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starcraft: Broodwar SK Clan

Comments

• Yes there is.
    you tried adding me on facebook, but i dont know you
  • Yes there is.
    you tried adding me on facebook, but i dont know you
    well f you too. XD

• honestly, 90% of my facebook is me making political posts. you dont wanna know me.
  • honestly, 90% of my facebook is me making political posts. you dont wanna know me.
    depends on what side you are on ofcourse :)
  • well, i'm a libertarian, so i'm pretty much against the world
  • I'm down to play, I haven't for years.

Side note - I remember when I was a libertarian
  • i'm sure it hurt our party very much when you left [sarcasm]
  • I'm down to play, I haven't for years.

Side note - I remember when I was a libertarian

Get on
  • Playing some Turrent Defense, RISK, Diplo, and Cat and Mouse gave me some serious nostalgia. I never was a fan of 3v3 BGH Fastest, so I usually played UMS games. I am down to give BGH a shot though if that's what you guys play. Steam ID is Count Dankula.
  • Once I passed the age of 13 I realized how idiotic liberterianism is. Laize-Faire is a joke, I prefer corporatism or more particularly corporate nationalism. Furthermore, look around, you think the average American is intelligent or passionate enough to be able handle absolute liberty? It is a pipe dream and it is apparent why there has never been a single country on Earth that uses nor has used liberterianism, and don't say the United States because that is untrue.
  • so edgy.
  • Actually usually liberterians are the edgy ones. Those who are somewhat fascist on the other hand, such as myself, are usually spit upon, quite far from being edgy. Keep at it though.
  • If you're a facist you're a complete fucking retard. One who doesn't care about freedoms of anyone or people having their own opinions. You care about centralized highly authoritarian government which use violence to suppress opposing opinions in order to gain power. If you think you're a facist and facism actually took hold in your country you'd change your mind real quick because facism is a cancerous dangerous murderous ideology. There are facists in America right now. They're called Antifa, "Anti-facism". It's extremely ironic.
  • I believe individuals should look to benefit the State as a whole rather then themselves, yes. Capitalism has made this country one of hedonism and materialism. The stronger the state, the better the lives of those within it.

If you think the government doesn't already have the power you are blind. Interest groups control the government, and they do not wish to benefit the state, only themselves.

ANTIFA is almost entirely upper-class spoiled white college kids with Marxist and anarchist idealogies.

Marxism is the enemy of Fascism so I'm sure why you mentioned ANTIFA.

• edited May 2017
    i've never had an interaction with you where i did not walk away thinking that you are completely fucking retarded. i'm glad that in all the chaos of the world today, some things never change.
  • I believe individuals should look to benefit the State as a whole rather then themselves, yes. Capitalism has made this country one of hedonism and materialism. The stronger the state, the better the lives of those within it.

If you think the government doesn't already have the power you are blind. Interest groups control the government, and they do not wish to benefit the state, only themselves.

ANTIFA is almost entirely upper-class spoiled white college kids with Marxist and anarchist idealogies.

Marxism is the enemy of Fascism so I'm sure why you mentioned ANTIFA.

You think big brother government is a good thing? You realize we're moving towards this 1984-esque surveillance state already right (arguably already here) and you're saying that's somehow preferable...
    You think the state running your life is somehow a better system than people making their own choices in life?
    Relinquishing power to the state inevitably leads to a worse situation for the individual.
    The amount of sheer prosperity, opportunity, and freedom in the west is a direct result of capitalism. Capitalism isn't perfect, no system is, but it sure as hell seems to work better than anything else ever conceived.

I never said the government doesn't have power.

You're literally saying you want to give the government MORE power, while at the same time acknowledging that the government is inherently not working for the people, but these groups. I don't even grasp how you can view that as a positive when you are clearly identifying the problems with the government already and you want to give them more control than they already have, which is too much. That seems not only counter productive, but some serious level of cognitive dissonance. Wash your brain lately much?

Can you cite precedent for this phrase? "stronger state=better lives for people in it"

The USA is desirable because they've fostered freedom, at least historically. People immigrated to escape the oppressive states and poverty. Now you're saying an oppressive state (relatively speaking in terms of big brother facist government) is a good thing because "muh hedonism". Yea people make poor choices and they should be shamed or maybe even jailed in some instances. Like knowingly spreading HIV for example is criminal.

ANTIFA use various techniques you'd expect to see in facism. They're not facist-anarchists who tout marxism, but they their use of violence and blatant disregard for free speech and outright attempts to silence any dissenting opinions makes them facist in that regard.

Anything that isn't facism is the enemy of facism I would argue.
  • I have to listen to Arson on CS its bad enough never mind in discord doing SC.... Probably masturbates the whole time :P
  • Jesus chris. Fuck off w politics
  • Build a fucken wall. White power.
  • i assume that white terrans do, in fact, build walls.
  • i thought this was a starcraft game thread?
  • Ever watch much pro starcraft? My buddy is super into it, quite entertaining. Apparently in Korea it's actually televised on cable.
  • Ever watch much pro starcraft? My buddy is super into it, quite entertaining. Apparently in Korea it's actually televised on cable.
    Yeah they are crazy about it. There's multiple live channels streaming pro matches all day.

Yeah they are crazy about it. There's multiple live channels streaming pro matches all day.

It's really impressive to see how good players are. Watching a pro split 1 group of 150 marines into 15 small groups groups in a matter of a couple seconds on a baneling assault is just astounding.

It's really impressive to see how good players are. Watching a pro split 1 group of 150 marines into 15 small groups groups in a matter of a couple seconds on a baneling assault is just astounding.
    Thats sc2. I dont deny the oh-factor but sc1 its ridiculous.
  • edited May 2017
    Ever watch much pro starcraft? My buddy is super into it, quite entertaining. Apparently in Korea it's actually televised on cable.

sc1 is much harder simply due to the ridiculous unit a.i. it rarely moves the way you want it to but thats part of its charm. that and you can only have 12 units per group - with 100 lings or 50 marines thats bit of a pain in the ass to micro manage. if you want to be the best you have to have insane focus and multi tasking skills.

also be korean, part psychic and have the game sense of the game lords.
  • Well considering the player I had in mind when I said that was Flash, who is an old broodwar player it still mostly applies lol
  • Well considering the player I had in mind when I said that was Flash, who is an old broodwar player it still mostly applies lol
    hes back in bw now actually, won the last ASLeague vs Sea and just beat to go to the round of 8 in upcoming week or so
  • That's cool, he seems more accustomed to BW. He was doing decent in SC2 but watching some games of him against someone such as Life really showed his skills didn't fully convert.
  • That's cool, he seems more accustomed to BW. He was doing decent in SC2 but watching some games of him against someone such as Life really showed his skills didn't fully convert.
    haha actually Life is in this season of BW too, artsosis/tasteless (our american commentators of the korean games living in korea) were talking about him.

Its funny because Flash, Bisu and Jaedong are playing this season.. the three juggernauts of their respective races. at least they were back when I used to follow this 10 years ago.