Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robtomos bots a necessary evil?

edited March 2017 in General
Just saying. the passive bots he made could possibly restore the game to a time when it was fun to play. it's one of those with great power comes great responsibility . yadda yadda. thoughts on this?

Comments

• edited March 2017
    If they were truly passive I might agree, but they've been harassing me with probes for days. I'd copypasta the news but after the first 100 its just really redundant (there's pages and pages), here's little for you though

March 6, 12:02:26 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo5261 (1:16)
    March 6, 12:02:26 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo4865 (1:13)
    March 6, 12:02:26 Our tactical defense systems report that several Power Plants were destroyed by remote probes. 0 Nuclear Power Plants and 3 Fusion Power Plants were destroyed.
    March 6, 12:02:26 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo4619 (1:4)
    March 6, 12:02:26 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo5261 (1:16)
    March 6, 12:02:26 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo0020 (1:16)
    March 6, 12:02:27 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo5261 (1:16)
    March 6, 12:02:27 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo4493 (1:13)
    March 6, 12:02:27 Our tactical defense systems report that several Power Plants were destroyed by remote probes. 0 Nuclear Power Plants and 1 Fusion Power Plants were destroyed.
    March 6, 12:02:27 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo0020 (1:16)
    March 6, 12:02:27 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo5261 (1:16)
    March 6, 12:02:27 Our tactical defense systems report that we were just recently infiltrated by a failed probe attack. The probes origin was Robtomo4619 (1:4)
    March 6, 12:02:27 Our tactical defense systems report that several Residences were burned by remote probes. 0 of our residences were burned.
  • I understand that. but if they had one like it running. make x amount a week and maintain/build . would make a target rich environment .. .
  • last time I actually tried playing you would make a fair hit and get rolled 3 or 4 times. after that your d is so low you're basically a suicide kd
  • It would make the game somewhat more enjoyable I think. It partly encourages pacifism, but the way the game is now you basically are fucked if you fall behind.
  • Im sure we know enough people here who multi who could make bots who create and spend cash etc that explore that could make the game more playable. Because youre right, the 3x hit rule is retarded, however its also shitty that there really arent any targets and if you do want to hit you may as well just explore. Easier. But I agree, it would even postpone the time before real hits started.
  • I'm suggesting an actual sanctioned bot. you will still have your disputes and what not. but you will have chance to play as you want.
  • With the Chuck bots three rounds ago we had this right?
    The problem was that people hit the bots instead of alliance KT targets
  • It would make the game somewhat more enjoyable I think. It partly encourages pacifism, but the way the game is now you basically are fucked if you fall behind.
    Especially if you helped on Robs KT and got botted to death , restart and get going again with bots land and then get bashed by retatrds who think they just can do it because the small guys can not revange.
    You think any player will keep playing after this ?
    March 6, 10:43:33 Our kingdom Red Queen (1:16) bravely defended against Punk Rock Song (1:20) and lost 682 planets.
    March 6, 10:43:53 Our kingdom Red Queen (1:16) bravely defended against Punk Rock Song (1:20) and lost 552 planets.

You can calc it the first hit ok but the second was a bash of course the way the game is atm there is absolute nothing I could do against it and the idiot who do this hits know it.
  • I'd have tripled if I had 3 wls.

Max exploring and farming the bots with mysti isn't an excuse for not making shit for defense.

Max exploring and farming the bots with mysti isn't an excuse for not making shit for defense.
    I not explore since newbie and all making def.
    You know that is only myst returns that brings the land here.
    But it are still these guys who get more and more players to quit.
    With stupid bashing small players , I would never do that without a reason.

• With the Chuck bots three rounds ago we had this right?
    The problem was that people hit the bots instead of alliance KT targets
    no alliance loyalty anymore. seems that's an issue dealt with with discussions and explaining goals and ways to achieve them.

see. still player based drama and not a f*** given. you still gotta build a good kd but you have more options for fair grabs
  • and the old uni rules should be enforced. one way or the other. maybe a revisit and revision of them to apply them and a group that will actually care to enforce them
  • Talk about stockholm syndrome, have you been bending these guys over for so long now that they actually love you @robtomo ?
  • first round back. been awhile. it was a suggestion I had few years back. would like to see it in practice
  • if there were passive bots that created more targets, there is one of two problems that could occur:

1) if the bots are entirely free land (no defense) like Rob's, then it would disincentive ppl from hitting any other kds especially early on in the round. alliance KTs would have very low activity

2) if the bots have a reasonable defense but are still easier to hit than real kds, those that could hit the bot will be able to grow very big from the easy land while those who can't will struggle and get farmed along with the bots. This was the case one round when the bots actually had some defense
  • have them set at certain points. say 1k 2k 3k all the way up to 10k land explore maxes. say 10 at each level
  • 20 people still playing. the rest bots. still can't make top 50 lol

see. still player based drama and not a f*** given. you still gotta build a good kd but you have more options for fair grabs
    March 8, 15:05:08 Our kingdom Red Queen (1:16) bravely defended against Punk Rock Song (1:20) and lost 782 planets.
    March 8, 15:05:21 Our kingdom Red Queen (1:16) bravely defended against Punk Rock Song (1:20) and lost 634 planets.

March 6, 10:43:33 Our kingdom Red Queen (1:16) bravely defended against Punk Rock Song (1:20) and lost 682 planets.
    March 6, 10:43:53 Our kingdom Red Queen (1:16) bravely defended against Punk Rock Song (1:20) and lost 552 planets.

An alliance would at least have dealt it now this guys do what they want.
    Both times the second hit was a bash.
    He only did grow 80 land in this 2 days.
    And if it is really mercer I not did ever anything to him nor we had any real conversation or contact where he should hate me from.
  • mercer > roi
  • mercer > roi
    Well you know I got suicided on early round like 8 times and got killed after by bot ?
    It proofs nothing to bash a KD that is 2 weeks younger than yours...
  • Which kd were you roI?
  • Which kd were you roI?
    Neequ DeR (1:11)
  • Makes sense, weren't you red queen last round?
  • lmao ROI was the one who got hit early in the round and threw a bitch fit and had his sector KT the guy. Butthurt much?
  • Wasnt it inter sector and a multi?
  • I thought it was one of the south park kds? I could be wrong. ROI, care to chime in there buddy?
  • I miss the days when Rob put effort into naming those bots.
  • I thought it was one of the south park kds? I could be wrong. ROI, care to chime in there buddy?
    no it was sheldon cooper 1:8