Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R/R technicalities

edited March 2012 in General
Alright, so i neglected my kd this round and got raped for it. So i decided to test some formulas out for next round and it turns out the pop-loss formula is different than stated. As I've understood it there is some secret formula for when you start losing pop in regards to land/4, 6, 8 or 10, when you are <1000, <5000, <50000, above. The actual stated value for this is barracks + res <4% of land, but it is most definitely not the case. I am at 8% res and 12% racks and still losing land/4 (my kd is under 1k land). I should only be losing 0,025-0,05 % of pop in this case. Anyone have any tests of their own to share in regards to this?

Comments

• + Population - If (residences + barracks) < 4% of total land your people begin to lose faith in your leadership and defect:

If (land < 1000) Land / 4 OR Population * .025-0.05 (Whichever causes the kingdom to lose more population) Else

If (land < 5000) Land / 6 OR Population * .025-0.05 (Whichever causes the kingdom to lose more population) Else

If (land < 50000) Land / 8 OR Population * .025-0.05 (Whichever causes the kingdom to lose more population) Else

If (anything over) Land / 10 OR Population * .025-0.05 (Whichever causes the kingdom to lose more population)

(land/8) / (.025-0.05) = X
    X = the pop you sould have
  • Hmm not quite sure what you mean with the last part. Its either land/4 or 0,025-0,05 of pop if I'm under 1000 land. But this:

Population - If (residences + barracks) < 4% of total land your people begin to lose faith in your leadership and defect

That is not in effect at all. Like I said I'm at 20% of racks+res and still losing land/4 instead of 0,025-0,05*pop.
  • Its either land or pop depending on whichever one gives the BIGGER pop loss.
  • Dont forget to take into account the randomness factor of Bcarts servers...chances are you will be dead before round end
  • Its either land or pop depending on whichever one gives the BIGGER pop loss.
    Yes but the land/4 should only come in play at a certain point, not all the time? I mean if i attack someone and gain a bit of extra pop, i will not lose according to the land/x formula, but according to the 0,025-0,05 even if the land/x would be bigger. I am trying to find where this limit is at.
  • Generally i calculate based on pop * 0.05 as thats the most you'll lose after a certain amount of land. Because land based pop loss isnt as high later as pop.