Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Panda crying baby

Comments

• hey so panda sucks!
  • Forget that nonsense, this about north south and time and magnetic poles and maps and such.
  • edited November 2015
    Forget that nonsense, this about north south and time and magnetic poles and maps and such.
    This.
    wat?

stronger magnetic field which is northern hemisphere.

i don't think you understand how our magnetic poles work.
    Space has no up or down, therefore how can earth? It is what it is only as an explanation. Someone's declared north is north, and so it was. It doesn't make it fact, just an accepted circumstance. Same with time. If the earth did not rotate creating night and day, seasons, years, etc. then we would not exist to create the concept of time. There would be existance, nothing more.
  • no i'm just saying the magnetic field isn't stronger in the northern hemisphere.

• I'm just glad one of those "earth is flat" believers hasn't joined in.
  • no i'm just saying the magnetic field isn't stronger in the northern hemisphere.

Yeah, which is just circumstance. If the magnetic field were stronger in the south, then would south be the new north?

Now to officially declare this thread Hijacked.

Yeah, which is just circumstance. If the magnetic field were stronger in the south, then would south be the new north?

Now to officially declare this thread Hijacked.

I'm not sure if you know what a 'magnetic field' is or how the geomagnetic field is generated.

i understand what the point you are getting at is, i'm just disputing the evidence/claims you are using to prove your point.
  • and also if you are gonna argue what north is, and what south is

why not discuss the meaning of every coined definition/language/words in the english language. Then discuss why we use terminology in the first place.

btw there is a correct answer to why we use terminology and the reason why more widely accepted definitions become man made truths, which will eventually lead us full circle to why north is north.
  • edited November 2015
    oh damn... can't help myself :D

Knock-Knock-Knock Rohan
    Knock-knock-knock Rohan...

Of course there is no up or down in space. But the magnetosphere defines 2 opposite areas in space... The Poles.
    It's not called "North" because it's on top, or "because it was discovered first by us".
    It's called North because of how it is defined magnetically... not arbitrary.
  • so rohan decided to derail the thread again

kudos
  • edited November 2015

• ...if this is to be humour ( the video that has no point in it and wasted about 40 seconds of my life ), then there is no south or north, and panda is our favorite player and friend.
  • Hey, I did y'all a solid, why in all blue balls did we decide to give anyone our attention who multis? Quit acting like you havnt been killed before, go find another hobby until the game resets, rinse lather, repeat.
  • So anyways, what about this really cold global warming shit we've got going on? Supposedly last year was the hottest on record, I was outside a lot, and it was far from hot hot hot. Anyone else wanna throw some climate bullshit at the fan?
  • lol it snowed last year here. It hasn't snowed here in 30 years. And only twice in the history of the town. But ya I guess global warming caused that.
  • Where do you live? I'm in Houston and it snows here maybe once every ten years. With this global cooling ive been seeing these past few winters, I expect to see some this winter!

• This.

As for the concept of time, the ONLY reason that we have it is because the world rotates and on its axis no less. If it did not, there would be no humans, no one to observe the existance of time. None of it truly exists, only an explanation. The same with up or down, we have a compass which points to where we have a stronger magnetic field which is the Northern Hemisphere. Again, space has no up or down, it was just established.
    No, now you are getting into "if a tree falls in the woods with nobody to hear it does it still make a sound" territory, which is bullshit. It does, no matter how deep the edgy philosophers get.

If humans didnt exist the arrow of time would still exist as the universe moves from an ordered to disordered state due to thermodynamics.

Space has no up or down, therefore how can earth? It is what it is only as an explanation. Someone's declared north is north, and so it was. It doesn't make it fact, just an accepted circumstance. Same with time. If the earth did not rotate creating night and day, seasons, years, etc. then we would not exist to create the concept of time. There would be existance, nothing more.
    Again here, the word "time" wouldnt exist but what we know as time as a concept would.

Also the magnetic field is not stronger in the northern hemisphere, as walls said, it is known as the northern hemisphere because it is magnetic north, the word north of course being made up it could easily be called the X and Y pole. Not because it is stronger in one direction.

• This.

As for the concept of time, the ONLY reason that we have it is because the world rotates and on its axis no less. If it did not, there would be no humans, no one to observe the existance of time. None of it truly exists, only an explanation. The same with up or down, we have a compass which points to where we have a stronger magnetic field which is the Northern Hemisphere. Again, space has no up or down, it was just established.
    No, now you are getting into "if a tree falls in the woods with nobody to hear it does it still make a sound" territory, which is bullshit. It does, no matter how deep the edgy philosophers get.

If humans didnt exist the arrow of time would still exist as the universe moves from an ordered to disordered state due to thermodynamics.

Again here, the word "time" wouldnt exist but what we know as time as a concept would.

Also the magnetic field is not stronger in the northern hemisphere, as walls said, it is known as the northern hemisphere because it is magnetic north, the word north of course being made up it could easily be called the X and Y pole. Not because it is stronger in one direction.
    I am glad you agree! Another converted!!
  • why argue with colloquial terminology and definitions. laws, states, etc.
    all this is meaningless

lets boil it down and get to some serious discussion.

wham bam.

riddle me this.
    what is the meaning of life?
    meaning not answer
  • Depends who you ask, if you ask Dank then the answer is Qwj

• no it's happiness
  • Life is repetition. Doing the same thing over and over trying to give us meaning, but there is none. We live grow then die. A cosmic blip in "time".
  • Life is repetition. Doing the same thing over and over trying to give us meaning, but there is none. We live grow then die. A cosmic blip in "time".
    so y live in this case. if nothing lasts then why bother putting effort or have an instinct to survive, might as well just wipe out the earth and it wudn't matter

• Looks like the poor baby's masterpiece is getting crushed. :(
  • Looks like the poor baby's masterpiece is getting crushed. :(
    Haha i never gave 2 f*cks about this kingdom. I just like to have power over others. See you all next round :).
  • Probably see a LOT less next round lol.... SK is done, especially after this.

Was going to get a few of the guys to play a round or 2 but im not even bothering myself, shame its not still how it was even 2 years ago, was still fun.
  • Don't give up yet I'm here