Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Kingdoms - Round 72 - Era of Capitalism

edited October 2015 in News and Updates
Round 72, the Era of Capitalism has arrived. For this round Star Mines will produce an extra 120 Platinum but will also decrease the maximum population by (%ofPLANETS[Land] that are Star Mines).

[The planet type changes for Round 72 are as follows:]

URL: http://www.starkingdoms.com/round72-changes.txt

--

Round 72 - Scheduled Dates:

Round starts: October 10, 2015 @ 10PM.
Round ends: December 17, 2015 @ 10PM.

Comments

• First buff to Oceanic in over 10 years.
  • First buff to Oceanic in over 10 years.
  • wow. r/r is gonna be insane income.
  • wow. r/r is gonna be insane income.
    You won't have to cheat so much this round in order to win :p
  • Well dw goes out the window
  • He "buffed" Oceanic.

I think my favorite part about this game now is waiting to see just how awful the planet types and round bonuses will be.
  • Yeah, I like how his buff was just reverting it to the previous state
  • bcart must have almost drowned in an ocean or something at some stage in his life

i can feel his seething hatred for the waters
  • Troll alert poploss formula suddenly chanes making rr impossible.
  • well. problem here is, RR needs a pop source. and everyone is low pop.
    cuz if ur high pop ur gonna get squashed because u realistically have half the income of everyone else. lol.

in regular games u have a pop farm with a sustained pop income, since residential income usually > starmines.

now because of the progressive growth curve nature of the game, and the inability to compete with other kingdoms if you take a 50% loss of income, either you are growing this pop farm with insane money banks or farms to keep it sustained throughout the early and mid games until late game discrepancies in nw size make up for any loss of bonuses.

you simply won't have a sustainable source of pop. and any attempt at making/sustaining a pop farm of that sort, they'd get rolled out to oblivion.

and if you were to play normally and then transition it into a pop farm. the fact you are using R/R to compete means you suck at this game so you won't make it to the point where you need to transition.

unless your me. but i'm lazy. so.
  • well. problem here is, RR needs a pop source. and everyone is low pop.
    cuz if ur high pop ur gonna get squashed because u realistically have half the income of everyone else. lol.

in regular games u have a pop farm with a sustained pop income, since residential income usually > starmines.

now because of the progressive growth curve nature of the game, and the inability to compete with other kingdoms if you take a 50% loss of income, either you are growing this pop farm with insane money banks or farms to keep it sustained throughout the early and mid games until late game discrepancies in nw size make up for any loss of bonuses.

you simply won't have a sustainable source of pop. and any attempt at making/sustaining a pop farm of that sort, they'd get rolled out to oblivion.

and if you were to play normally and then transition it into a pop farm. the fact you are using R/R to compete means you suck at this game so you won't make it to the point where you need to transition.

unless your me. but i'm lazy. so.
    hahhaahahaahaa!
  • I signed up and then realized I cant be bothered with this anymore.
  • If people dont kill pop farms on sight this round will be crazy.

Someone should beat the NW record this round
  • cant play 60% sms no more :(
    Not really, early good DWs have no starmines out of newbie so the disadvantage wont cause problems.

If any of the early big hitters play that usually die after a week or 2 they wont be affected. Anyone taking it past that stage would have to lower pop right down and go tanks/tfs, but its stupid trying to build goons after that stage really anyway.
    Not really, early good DWs have no starmines out of newbie so the disadvantage wont cause problems.

If any of the early big hitters play that usually die after a week or 2 they wont be affected. Anyone taking it past that stage would have to lower pop right down and go tanks/tfs, but its stupid trying to build goons after that stage really anyway.
    Although I like the crash and burn DW tactic, it's going to be a pain in the ass dealing with KDs who have double your income and double the defense than a normal rd.

Although I like the crash and burn DW tactic, it's going to be a pain in the ass dealing with KDs who have double your income and double the defense than a normal rd.
    They wont have double the income. Probe income normally smashes starmine income. This round that wont be the case but the difference wont be that much and everyone will have loads of money lying around (especially the people who cant manage soldiers with the new high income) so banks will be plenty.

• I haven't played Terra in a while (or any KD with an income bonus) but even as a Mysti I typically leave noob with a 35-45k income (that's with 64 PF's). Now taking into considering this round bonus, I'm sure a PT like Mount/FW/Terra would boost that income into the 100k range, if not close. Surely probes can't keep up with that kind of income at the start of the round.
  • you guys are missing the point for DW this round entirely

you wont be able to play it like normal, but this round was made for DW
  • I wasn't aware DW ever had a problem max training goons...
  • edited October 2015
    So basically cart just trolled us all again?

Increase SM output by 120, but decrease population from using SMs. Essentially, you can have 25% star mines and your pop is decreased by 25%/planets, in doing so it nearly cancels out the perk all together.

It would appear Pop F&W is the best way to go this round to gain an edge against the 'perk'.
  • So basically cart just trolled us all again?

Increase SM output by 120, but decrease population from using SMs. Essentially, you can have 25% star mines and your pop is decreased by 25%/planets, in doing so it nearly cancels out the perk all together.

It would appear Pop F&W is the best way to go this round to gain an edge against the 'perk'.
    wat
  • but will also decrease the maximum population by (%ofPLANETS[Land] that are Star Mines

The small print. %of planets that are star mines. If you're sitting at 25% SMs, it decreases your pop by 25%.
  • but will also decrease the maximum population by (%ofPLANETS[Land] that are Star Mines

The small print. %of planets that are star mines. If you're sitting at 25% SMs, it decreases your pop by 25%.

pretty sure the 'wat' was at the way you did your math (pop f&w beeing best this round)

Have fun with your high pop f&w :P

pretty sure the 'wat' was at the way you did your math (pop f&w beeing best this round)

Have fun with your high pop f&w :P
    don't blame him.
    not his fault he wasn't born asian
  • terra is still OP, but when you hit 20k land good luck keeping up income and mil research at the same time
  • VEII

ARE YOU JOINING CAPS LOCK?
    what's dat?
  • you guys are missing the point for DW this round entirely

you wont be able to play it like normal, but this round was made for DW
    I was literally arguing for DW a few posts above
    :))