Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashnod's Cookies and Popcorn Thread

13»

Comments

• SK Why can't I quit u?
    Because the cookies taste good...
  • so, i woke up to water the garden.

and then it rained...hail holy banana.

Then I found myself on Sk PFs...

• I blame the changes to Mages...
  • I love my work....and more popcorn Mages?
  • We cannot do this Homesteading in Ottawa, but is there any province/state that allows this?
    We cannot raise chickens in our backyard in Ottawa City, so this idea (Southern California)..cannot be done here. However, I have my little garden, just not as productive as this family.

http://valhallamovement.com/link/learn-how-this-family-grows-6000-lbs-of-food-on-just-110th-acre/
  • I grew up with chickens in the back yard. its not province laws that stop you from having them its city bylaws. parts of Montreal are starting to allow chickens now.
  • not in ottawa yet. I was told i need to find an agricultural land to do it.

• I grew up with chickens in the back yard. its not province laws that stop you from having them its city bylaws. parts of Montreal are starting to allow chickens now.
    I was hoping Ottawa will allow us, we are the capital...and we are not able to be self sufficient.

• I was hoping to have bragging rights. Who else did something un-usual this summer?

Yeah, I went camping. and one of my Portage 2395 meters in Algonquin Park.

Did you go car camping?

Smores? image
  • eggs are bad anyway so its really no loss for you ash unless you where going to raise the chickens for meat. nom nom chicken is good

I'm going to be hiking at banff in 2 weeks and than again somewhere in the Rockies for labour day weekend.
  • @Mages: you will love the place. no cars, no motorboats, only accessible by canoe. Quite and so peaceful.

@media_freak: I really like that area for hiking, my short visit in Banff hiking was EWB conference in 2007.

I can't seem to remember what is the name of this place, it was winter and we drove from Calgary to get here. Also, we drove from BC to Alberta at one point and the Rockies is something I am proud of...as a Canadian. Magnificient!!

Are you familiar with this place?

• edited August 2015

Houston :)
  • Nice pic of Houston!

I always think of Houston as NASA Space Center.
    Anything else Houston is known for?
    Touristy places?
    Scenic Parks?
    Botanical Gardens?
  • rohan is astronaut?