Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Round No Alliances please

edited August 2015 in General
Its been shown blatantly clear that alliances mean nothing these days.

It just restricts the number of targets you can hit

Comments

• edited August 2015
    The only way to get around it is to run an alliance of your own but you'll get tag teamed. It's a really difficult chain to break. We used to stack a sector so we could at least retain control, and everyone would have a dozen or so multis for suiciding. Then you could threaten to kill a few of their friends that you knew wanted a high score. It would get you far enough along that you could try to get an ally alliance and go to war, but the end result of doing anything against the grain is a war. The biggest issue I had was that alliance leaders weren't loyal to those in their alliance but their friends in other ones that could grow faster with that setup. Then of course it works the other way where people in your alliance don't care if you are successful they have their own reason to be there and may prosper if you lose in a war while remaining on the sideline. It doesn't matter who you are after awhile you realize all of these things and it really destroys the fantasy of playing this game in a legitimate fashion. There should have been a point where BCart stepped in and said look these sector alliances don't work, it's trashing the game.

18:44, 1 February 2007 Centrx (talk | contribs) deleted page Starkingdoms (Old protected-deleted page)
    13:06, 2 November 2006 Cryptic (talk | contribs) deleted page Starkingdoms (G4: repost of deleted content (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/StarKingdoms (2nd nomination)))
    11:24, 29 October 2006 Cryptic (talk | contribs) deleted page Starkingdoms (G4: repost of deleted content (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/StarKingdoms (2nd nomination)))
    19:20, 26 October 2006 Friday (talk | contribs) deleted page Starkingdoms (advert for an online game, no sources)
    11:35, 26 October 2006 Cryptic (talk | contribs) deleted page Starkingdoms (R1: non-existent target; content was: '#REDIRECT StarKingdoms' (and the only contributor was 'Ilyanep'))

You can actually pinpoint the time frame where BCart decided that he was going to allow the bots to turn a small profit instead of addressing the issue. The game was not allowed on wiki because they saw that the majority of the users were bots and people on multiple accounts.
  • Well each page view equals dollars in ur pocket even if its a bot doing it
  • Yep, and I have no issue with him finding a way to put a hundred or more bucks in his pocket every month without doing anything. I do feel that he let down the community though. Even after all of this time a lot of us still come back here and we just stare at the game. He could have done this in the background on another domain and not chosen to do it to StarKingdoms. I still have hope that one day this game will come back to life but unfortunately it will have to be purchased and he will probably have to die. As I'd never wish that on him all I can say is... damnit dude.
  • That's like asking for a night club with no pussy please?

Hah, GAYYYYYYY
  • Off topic: How many ppl attempted to buy sk? I suppose a lot of them. I wonder why he didn't sold it and let someone that likes the game, to improve, perhaps develop an app for it, maybe add some images, etc.

On topic: This game will never work until there is as real admin to constantly scan and get rid of this multi shit. It's not a matter of alliances. Ofc they mean nothing these days as there are like what, 50 real players and 400 multis?
  • Well each page view equals dollars in ur pocket even if its a bot doing it
    That's not actually true. It might even cause less amount of money earned.
  • Off topic: How many ppl attempted to buy sk? I suppose a lot of them. I wonder why he didn't sold it and let someone that likes the game, to improve, perhaps develop an app for it, maybe add some images, etc.

On topic: This game will never work until there is as real admin to constantly scan and get rid of this multi shit. It's not a matter of alliances. Ofc they mean nothing these days as there are like what, 50 real players and 400 multis?
    and lets not the LT UA and their multies tied into it :)

good post. yes...i was one of those who want to buy it.

I'm pretty sure they can compete legit too, I bet some of them did. I still don't get it why the need of multis. I don't see the logic, if someone uses multis on you, you should be proud, you are a threat to someone and get over it. But nooooo, I will show the fuckers that I can create more multis ... and then everything gets focked.
  • Everyone that feels the need to multi in this text based game are sad cunts really. Sad bleeding vaginas who need to fuck off or go back to playing legit with no multis.
  • Starkingdoms is dead. We play in remembrance.
  • I believe I've said that before and that all that's left is our zombie bodies.
  • edited August 2015
    Off topic: How many ppl attempted to buy sk? I suppose a lot of them. I wonder why he didn't sold it and let someone that likes the game, to improve, perhaps develop an app for it, maybe add some images, etc.

I'm pretty sure they can compete legit too, I bet some of them did. I still don't get it why the need of multis. I don't see the logic, if someone uses multis on you, you should be proud, you are a threat to someone and get over it. But nooooo, I will show the fuckers that I can create more multis ... and then everything gets focked.
    I got multied...several minutes out of newbie on my return.
    I did not create any multi to get even, i did not see any point.

Instead, I bitch about it, talk about it, and bitch about it. I'm pretty sure the waitress at Starbucks was curios what In the "SK" was I talking about.

And then....I think I made more cookies, and popcorn...

and post way too many on PFs to annoy some people.

In conclusion, the experienced confirmed to me that SK is dead, and it ends my playing time and effort to actually bring back oldies...I lost interest in game..LOL

• And then....I post way too many on PFs to annoy some people.
  • That's like asking for a night club with no pussy please?

Hah, GAYYYYYYY
    Did this seriously go unnoticed? At this rate you are all being just as irresponsible as I am!
  • I would assume lots of people tried to buy it but I also assume the amount of money that he was making at the time with the internet boom era still being there that he wanted an astronomical amount for it. EG a friend fo mine bought a fantasy basketball site recently for 30,000 when 10 years prior he had tried to buy it for 250,000. But Bcart still may hold the thougth that his hard work to and time to make the site that it is worth a lot more to him than the 2500 that its worth because at one time it was worth a lot more. The worst thing about this site is I bet the coding is old as fuck and the fixes in it arent re written code to correct the problem just a bunch of band aids along the way to "fix" it
  • I can recall on multiple occasions offers were made, as high as $10-15 grand, Bcart declined them all.
  • I remember the days when alliances did mean something. Or was that just me? I used to AL back in the day and I was loyal to my sectors. I wish someone could buy the game and return it to its former glory :(
  • If you want alliances to mean something again then give people something to fight for...but nahhhhh just kidding. People still wouldn't give a damn about their alliance.
  • Yeah, looks like the multi problem pretty much ruins any chance of that :\
  • No, if the round had no multis...todays players just suck balls. And not in the good way either.
  • Hah good point, it could never be like it was back in rounds 3-15 or so when I played
  • No, if the round had no multis...todays players just suck balls. And not in the good way either.
    hahaha...not in the good way