Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• The amount of beer ive drunk for playoffs thus far is too damn high

Go bolts
    #stammerspuckbunny
  • I almost feel bad for him, mcDavid looked like he was on the verge of tears when he found out.

But I'm an optimist, he is the deadliest player! Nurse and Draisaitl are coming up as well... My GOilers are gonna be a lot more solid in the coming years.
  • edited April 2015
    Good on you Zeal. I didn't want the Oilers to win purely as regional rivals, but I was just hoping that if there was anything decent left in the world the Leafs would not get him.

Turned out!

Also, I agree, but you just gotta give him a chance to come to terms with it.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 5m5 minutes ago
    Connor McDavid looks like Steve Francis on draft day

Curtis Rush ✔ @CurtisGRush
    Follow
    Connor McDavid on Oilers winning draft lottery: "I'm still trying to gather my thoughts."
    9:19 PM - 18 Apr 2015 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

lol!
  • Lololol. Poor kid.

I agree, its initially disappointing. But to be honest, he can be the driving force the team needs to explode.
  • edited April 2015
    My worry as I am sure as with McDavid's agent, is the joke circus that surrounded the team this year . Then on top of that MacT doubling down and saying he had to fire Eakins but he didn't deserve to be and then made virtually no changes to the roster.

If Katz was ever going to clean house with the jokers they have had there for ages with poor results, it would have been this year. He is never going to get the idea.
  • They are currently doing an "aggressive audit" of the organization, not the team. Its my last hope that his report motivates Katz to wipe the slate clean and fire. They owe it to Ebs, Nuge, Hall, Yak, McDavid... The fans, the city, the rest of the roster... To actually commit to a rebuild. Not make excuses and say we are close.
  • Oilers original draft position the last 9 years:
    2015 #1
    2014 #3
    2013 #5
    2012 #1
    2011 #1
    2010 #1
    2009 #10
    2008 #12 (went towards Penner offersheet)
    2007 #6

I wonder if in this era of more parity we will ever see someone so bad and lucky again.
  • edited April 2015
    Every time Lowe or MacT get in front of a mic they make themselves look completely moronic, egotistical and completely out of touch with the situation. This year with MacT with the used car salesman and how the team is getting visually better, and I wonder if that worked on a single fan. There are good, proven execs who would want to come to Edmonton I am sure. They have it too good now to risk screwing it up.
  • Yup. We have arguably the strongest set of prospects and young, fantastic players the league has seen in recent years. If they let this opportunity slip by... I doubt this city would ever forgive them.

I cant understand why Katz is allowing this... from a strictly business point of view, playoff teams make more money. Lowe and MacT are a cancer, surely he knows this.
  • Arizona? Buffalo? Toronto? What could be worse?

Oh.

Sorry CMac. Hopefully they rush you to the show like every other draft pick...maybe you will be actually ready.
  • The hate is flowing from other teams... Hahah i love it
  • The hate is flowing from other teams... Hahah i love it
    Lolz
  • Mcjesus MIA since lottery day. Must be gathering his thoughts still.
  • The barren wasteland of Edmonton would send me to exile as well. Sorry zeal.
  • Barren wasteland my fucking cunt. We are loaded with river valley trails, attractive women drawn to the wealth and pretty much every guy in the city plays hockey.

Edmonton is home to real men, lot of those girly, starbucks drinking boys can't handle it!

:D
  • Wouldn't it be hilarious if after all the days of sore winning the Oilers fans have done about the draft lottery, that McDavid refuses to go there? You can be guaranteed that if McDavid was going to Toronto there would have been multiple interviews every day. There has been curious silence from McDavid...
  • If he pulls a Lindros...
  • edited April 2015
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Luv ya zeal

I hate Starbucks (I don't even drink coffee, I'm a 100% water man)
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Luv ya zeal

I hate Starbucks (I don't even drink coffee, I'm a 100% water man)
    o/
  • edited April 2015
    I don't think he will pull a Lindros but it happens a lot at the junior level. People never get punished as much as they should by fans. For instance no one even knows the only reason the amazing duo of Mackinnon and Drouin and one of the best CHL teams ever here in Halifax was formed was due to a trade request. Mackinnon was drafted 1st overall in the Q draft by Baie Comeau and demanded a trade.

That being said holdouts are rare in the new NHL era let alone players threatening to not report. It would be very unprecedented but then again so was Lindros. I am sure the Oilers alumnus are working the phones hard to tell Mcjesus how great it is to play in one of the northernmost and coldest major cities in the developed world.

Also, is Nicholson the possible savior?
  • Jack? Probably not. He is getting up there in the years.
  • Jack? Probably not. He is getting up there in the years.
  • McDavid paired Eberle, Hendricks, Roy, nuge... List goes on. Oilers sux, but with him on it we improve vastly. So its interesting, cause by joining us he makes us good.

Also Babcock.
  • Hahaha and the Babcock race begins soon since my wing dings are going to be done sooner rather than later.
  • edited April 2015
    Saw this one on reddit. Laughed hard:
  • haha. McDavid